Look how legacy die since april

Germany blackout
Dragoon

Re: Look how legacy die since april

Post by blackout »

Jotunir wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
tim_retek wrote:Legacy has been dead ever since DE came out. It's next to impossible to get a lobby if you're around or above captain level. I'm not sure why to be honest, from what i've seen and heard DE sucks.
Because legacy is way worse than DE. Anyone who says otherwise is either salty they can't run DE or an Idiot.
Sorry but I can't take that opinion seriously :lol:
Its true tho
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

blackout wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Sorry but I can't take that opinion seriously :lol:
Its true tho
It's not, AOE3 legacy with EP is still much better than that "Definitive" edition.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

that's false but tell yourself whatever you want
mad cuz bad
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Ngl, from what I've read about DE balance and the new civs combined with QS-only matchmaking I'd probably agree
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

If my computer wouldn't be 20 years old id say the game is just how its supposed to be for my 1400 elo
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Goodspeed wrote:Ngl, from what I've read about DE balance and the new civs combined with QS-only matchmaking I'd probably agree
balance in matchmaking isn't that bad, and considering that there is matchmaking even if the balance was worse it would still be better
mad cuz bad
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

blackout wrote:If my computer wouldn't be 20 years old id say the game is just how its supposed to be for my 1400 elo
The AOE3 engine is not even able to use all the computer resources optimally.
I've just built a new PC with latest generation specs and AOE3 still crashes after some time if I try to play an 1v7 comp stomp on expert. It says not enough memory allocation. And I have top 32GB RAM from GSkill. The game was just written to work on old comps, so you don't need to have the latest hardware to play it.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

n0el wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Ngl, from what I've read about DE balance and the new civs combined with QS-only matchmaking I'd probably agree
balance in matchmaking isn't that bad, and considering that there is matchmaking even if the balance was worse it would still be better
It's not about matchmaking balance. Automatic matchmaking is itself not preferable in a game as unbalanced as this. I would want to be able to opt out of playing against certain civs on certain maps.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

matchmaking is great, i just want to be able to block swedes from showing up
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Goodspeed wrote:
n0el wrote:
It's not about matchmaking balance. Automatic matchmaking is itself not preferable in a game as unbalanced as this. I would want to be able to opt out of playing against certain civs on certain maps.
its not as unbalanced as the tournament suggests, and even if it were I would still rather play that than EP where there is no matchmaking at all, no player base at the times i play and being forced to play fixed matchups from a lobby.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I get that you would, but not every player is the same
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

yeah it sucks to get a sweden match up or a bad map (tired of new england). that said lobby match making wasn't fun when you would get kicked for being low or couldn't agree to a match up. like, join a lobby and you have to play otto, ugh. but with matchmaking you just don't think about it, get your map and do your best.

it's a balance. not sure what is best
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Yea same civ balance on de is way worse than ep. Obviously the graphics and the gameplay are another story though
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

n0el wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
its not as unbalanced as the tournament suggests, and even if it were I would still rather play that than EP where there is no matchmaking at all, no player base at the times i play and being forced to play fixed matchups from a lobby.
Its horrible tbh
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

I'd just rathe replay lobby games with mates instead of getting tilted on the ladder
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

Kaiserklein wrote:
gibson wrote:Well it boosted in April when the US came out, than dropped back to its normal numbers, not rly surprising. The same thing will happen when Africa shit is released.
That peak was before DE, it was in April 2020. I think that was just when a big part of the world was under lockdown
yeah idk if the guys was talking about the peak of the big lockdown of april 2020, but personnally for my post i was talking about april 2021, before april eso was still at 1000+ pop the week end, now we not even reach 500
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Post by Cleters »

Well, there's like the same game with more content and better graphics calling itself the definitiv edition, so of course the original game loose its players. ^^

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:I'd just rathe replay lobby games with mates instead of getting tilted on the ladder

Lobbies is like the only real thing being better in legacy.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:I'd just rathe replay lobby games with mates instead of getting tilted on the ladder
sure, if you have a lot of people that play at the same time as you.
mad cuz bad
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

n0el wrote:
Might be a difference between EU/NA. I believe ESO was quite desolate at prima NA time. Most of the community seemed to center on prime EU time. I know I never tried to play in the EU morning either, servers have been dead at those times for maybe a decade.

So maybe you perceive the forced ladder more positively than EU players because of differences in what ESO is like depending on your preferred time to play.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Cleters wrote:Well, there's like the same game with more content and better graphics calling itself the definitiv edition, so of course the original game loose its players. ^^

The main issue with de are endless bugs...
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher

Post by Cleters »

n0el wrote:

What's the difference ? Currently you can't know if people are online, in game or not...

If there's few players online, aren't lobbies way better ?
How do you find a game today, if there's 6 players at all at your rank, but 1 is searching 1v1, 2 are searching 2v2 and 3 are searching 3v3 ? With lobbies people of the same lvl just regrup....
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Cleters wrote:
n0el wrote:

What's the difference ? Currently you can't know if people are online, in game or not...

If there's few players online, aren't lobbies way better ?
How do you find a game today, if there's 6 players at all at your rank, but 1 is searching 1v1, 2 are searching 2v2 and 3 are searching 3v3 ? With lobbies people of the same lvl just regrup....
I can know if my friends are online. There's not few players online, there were much fewer players online in RE/EP and RE was objectively better for me. DE is significantly better because the balance is better and the maps don't spawn without resources.
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

yurashic wrote:
Cleters wrote:Well, there's like the same game with more content and better graphics calling itself the definitiv edition, so of course the original game loose its players. ^^

The main issue with de are endless bugs...
There are like no bugs anymore. I swear people still think this is the same game as the launch version and they just repeat the same endless bullshit over and over...
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
n0el wrote:
Might be a difference between EU/NA. I believe ESO was quite desolate at prima NA time. Most of the community seemed to center on prime EU time. I know I never tried to play in the EU morning either, servers have been dead at those times for maybe a decade.

So maybe you perceive the forced ladder more positively than EU players because of differences in what ESO is like depending on your preferred time to play.
Forced ladder is significantly better for lots of reason, but that is one of them.
mad cuz bad
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher

Post by Cleters »

n0el wrote: I can know if my friends are online. There's not few players online, there were much fewer players online in RE/EP and RE was objectively better for me. DE is significantly better because the balance is better and the maps don't spawn without resources.

Yup, I agree DE is a better game than legacy, but I really hope for lobbies someday. Like man, IDK, It just seem I queue forever, I swear I had game faster on nilla when we were like 20 pr30+ at the end.