Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Re: Look how legacy die since april

Post by yurashic »

n0el wrote:
yurashic wrote:
Show hidden quotes
The main issue with de are endless bugs...
There are like no bugs anymore. I swear people still think this is the same game as the launch version and they just repeat the same endless bullshit over and over...
Yeah, shiftclick doesn't work half the time, units in queue have different uniform colours, sometimes it doesn't allow you to place a building where you would normally be able to put it, buildings often don't flash when they are supposed to, sails on ships flash, and yeah "waiting for other players".
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

its often hard to tell if I've properly right clicked a building to attack it (doesn't flash), clicking is less precise than TAD, attack move is extremely buggy, the tc build radius doesn't disappear properly when a tc is taken down, but its otherwise not terribly buggy anymore
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

Dont think anybody besides the idk top 50 players can seriously say that lobby on ep or re was better than the matchmaking now. I mean i played on my shit elo against the same people the whole time on re so how much worse can it get on higher elos. Now atleast i get different people basically like every time and dont have to play vs germany on gp 5 times in a row cause there is no one else to play
United States of America Misha
Musketeer
ESO: theMisha

Post by Misha »

Just look at the win percentages. On legacy, captain+ team players had win percentages in the 45-60% range. On DE, almost all in the top 200 have win percentages above 70 or 80%. With qs the majority of team games are bashes unless one coordinates with other teams of similar level.
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

Yea team matchmaking is certainly a different topic than 1v1
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

n0el wrote:There are like no bugs anymore. I swear people still think this is the same game as the launch version and they just repeat the same endless bullshit over and over...
A couple days ago @Hazza54321 got units stuck in a building twice in a single game. This has literally never happened to me on legacy. The game is still really buggy, attack move is shitty and the pathing is worse overall

See the cuirs between the rax and TC on this clip. Unit control was fucked up on legacy, but definitely not that much.
https://clips.twitch.tv/HorribleFurious ... KFzDDLcJ_3
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

n0el wrote:Forced ladder is significantly better for lots of reason, but that is one of them.
It's only better if the balance is good. Otherwise it's only the 3 same civs constantly. Being able to select fair and interesting MUs in a lobby is objectively better than that crap.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

For some reason people with worse PCs tend to have more issues. For example I don’t believe iv ever had a unit get stuck in a tp or building, just once or twice in a gold mine. The game just feels sluggish somehow
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Kaiserklein wrote:
n0el wrote:Forced ladder is significantly better for lots of reason, but that is one of them.
It's only better if the balance is good. Otherwise it's only the 3 same civs constantly. Being able to select fair and interesting MUs in a lobby is objectively better than that crap.
I will give you that at your level, it isn't as good. That applies to like 10 players, for everyone else its significantly better. I see way more than 3 civs, and the three i see the most aren't swe, port and spain. Like i said earlier, tourney balance is way different than ladder balance.
mad cuz bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:For some reason people with worse PCs tend to have more issues. For example I don’t believe iv ever had a unit get stuck in a tp or building, just once or twice in a gold mine. The game just feels sluggish somehow
I believe hazza uses a desktop comp now so I don't think his PC is bad.
Regardless it's pretty sad if you need to invest into a top tier comp just so that your attack move works or your units don't suicide in buildings.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Desktop =/= good. I’m just saying I have a mid tier computer and I see barely any of the bugs people complain about.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

n0el wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
I will give you that at your level, it isn't as good. That applies to like 10 players, for everyone else its significantly better. I see way more than 3 civs, and the three i see the most aren't swe, port and spain. Like i said earlier, tourney balance is way different than ladder balance.
Idk, I'm certainly seeing these civs being spammed a ton even on streams which aren't close to top 10. Maybe at lower level it's not as much of an issue, but I think it's an issue in the top 100-200 or something
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Kaiserklein wrote:
n0el wrote:There are like no bugs anymore. I swear people still think this is the same game as the launch version and they just repeat the same endless bullshit over and over...
A couple days ago @Hazza54321 got units stuck in a building twice in a single game. This has literally never happened to me on legacy. The game is still really buggy, attack move is shitty and the pathing is worse overall

See the cuirs between the rax and TC on this clip. Unit control was fucked up on legacy, but definitely not that much.
I have had villagers stuck in coin mines on both versions. I know it still happens, I didn't say there were no bugs at all, just way less than what people imply compared to the launch.

I honestly don't think those Cuirs were doing anything wrong? How should they path? Just bunch up in the choke? They are trying to attack by going around the TC and when they get clicked they turn back causing them to look like they are having a seizure. Pathing actually works much more consistently it seems to me, it just works differently than before. The units recognize if there is something in the way (ie other units) and try to path around. Can it be tuned some more to be better? Absolutely, but saying its bugged is not true for the most part.
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Kaiserklein wrote:
n0el wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Idk, I'm certainly seeing these civs being spammed a ton even on streams which aren't close to top 10. Maybe at lower level it's not as much of an issue, but I think it's an issue in the top 100-200 or something
I'd say that is true for certain streamers that play majority one civ, I wouldn't count that into saying that most games are like that. I've played a fair share of games around 30-150 and there's a lot of diversity and I don't usually feel like I've ever lost because the civ i'm against is imbalanced.
mad cuz bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

n0el wrote:I have had villagers stuck in coin mines on both versions. I know it still happens, I didn't say there were no bugs at all, just way less than what people imply compared to the launch.
You ever had units stuck twice in the same game on legacy? I never have, despite having played 10x more games on it than on DE. Even having stuff stuck once in a game was pretty rare on legacy, while it's super common on DE.
n0el wrote:I honestly don't think those Cuirs were doing anything wrong? How should they path? Just bunch up in the choke? They are trying to attack by going around the TC and when they get clicked they turn back causing them to look like they are having a seizure. Pathing actually works much more consistently it seems to me, it just works differently than before. The units recognize if there is something in the way (ie other units) and try to path around. Can it be tuned some more to be better? Absolutely, but saying its bugged is not true for the most part.
Well these 3 cuirs are just being epileptic and never fighting, quite simply. I mean they're right next to the red units yet they're not able to attack them. Not even a pathing issue at this point, just purely retarded units.
Oh and check those skirms in the bottom just dancing not doing anything.
It was definitely not that bad on legacy. On DE you can basically forget about training hand cav because they'll never connect properly.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

n0el wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:

I have had villagers stuck in coin mines on both versions. I know it still happens, I didn't say there were no bugs at all, just way less than what people imply compared to the launch.

I honestly don't think those Cuirs were doing anything wrong? How should they path?
The pathing logic in itself seemed okay there, but the attack move is completely bugged. At first we can see most of the cuirs "epileptically" walking around the enemy units at melee range instead of attacking them, then we see at least two cuirs get completely stuck on attempting to attack a dead explorer. That's pretty bad ngl.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
n0el wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I honestly don't think those Cuirs were doing anything wrong? How should they path?
The pathing logic in itself seemed okay there, but the attack move is completely bugged. At first we can see most of the cuirs "epileptically" walking around the enemy units at melee range instead of attacking them, then we see at least two cuirs get completely stuck on attempting to attack a dead explorer. That's pretty bad ngl.
I'd say that could be true, but we can't see the french players clicks, in my experience this happens when you are spamming attack move clicks, the units are constantly repathing instead of attacking.
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Kaiserklein wrote:
n0el wrote:I have had villagers stuck in coin mines on both versions. I know it still happens, I didn't say there were no bugs at all, just way less than what people imply compared to the launch.
You ever had units stuck twice in the same game on legacy? I never have, despite having played 10x more games on it than on DE. Even having stuff stuck once in a game was pretty rare on legacy, while it's super common on DE.
No, but I haven't had a unit stuck in DE in months. I don't think its super common by any means.
mad cuz bad
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

yeah units getting stucked in things has always been a thing, maybe its like a weaker hardware thing cause it happened alot when i was playing on my old 2011 laptop but completely went away after switching to a new one. Now with DE a lot of people will be playing with hardware that is good for legacy but buggy for DE
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

EAGLEMUT wrote:The pathing logic in itself seemed okay there, but the attack move is completely bugged. At first we can see most of the cuirs "epileptically" walking around the enemy units at melee range instead of attacking them, then we see at least two cuirs get completely stuck on attempting to attack a dead explorer. That's pretty bad ngl.
Exactly, they were in melee range. The pathing was shit on legacy and isn't necessarily worse on DE. But attack move is trash
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

n0el wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I'd say that is true for certain streamers that play majority one civ, I wouldn't count that into saying that most games are like that. I've played a fair share of games around 30-150 and there's a lot of diversity and I don't usually feel like I've ever lost because the civ i'm against is imbalanced.
Maybe that's true, I didn't quite play in that range after all. But I've faced port water a ton of times in QS, and sweden, even when matched against lower players. Idk
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I just don’t think balance is that big of an issue as it’s something that’s relatively easy to fix, but the game feeling sluggish and unresponsive is not easy to fix.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Another one is that units being tasked to build something on the other side of the map just stop a little bit before the foundation and go idle sometimes.

Cav overall feels weaker on DE just because of pathing (which I guess is fine per Eaglemut?) and/or attack moving bugs. I've seen cav just do absolute strange things when tasked to kill units.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.