Patch to still access to eso (1st september 2021)

France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Patch to still access to eso (1st september 2021)

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

maybe as some of you know, microsoft made a patch to still access to the online of age of empire 3 legacy, without it, you'll not be able to play online anymore (check the full details on eso in the ESO HOME tab)

There is the link to download the new patch for legacy to still be able to play aoe 3 legacy online : https://www.ageofempires.com/ageiiiesopatch/
Attachments
end of eso.jpg
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: The end of ESO servers (1st september 2021)

Post by Hazza54321 »

Screenshots in french and then covering your name to avoid the hate mail, smart
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

about fucking time we get a new patch
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

Hazza54321 wrote:Screenshots in french and then covering your name to avoid the hate mail, smart
hate mail? people just don't need to know the name of this account, or the names in my friendlist, I don't see the point with my country (you can find it here to, and?)

if you don't know what to answer you're not obligated to you know
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

To clarify, ESO itself will not actually be hosted on new servers, or undergo any change at all. It's just that the http://eso.com domain (which Microsoft already lost years ago) will be repurposed by its new owner, which may make the legacy game's login process fail because it checks specifically whether the eso.com domain responds properly.

The manual patch only replaces the outdated domain check with a different domain, much like how ESOC Patch solved the issue.

Assuming the new owner does repurpose the eso.com domain in an incompatible way as announced, players will indeed be forced to use MS's manual patch or some other custom patch where the domain check is replaced (ESOC Patch / WoL / ImpMod).
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's official recognition that the Microsoft brand ESO is no more.
The next servers will probably replace that string with something else, Age of Empires 3 official servers or smth.
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Post by Cleters »

I dont know, I don't think anyone will dl the new online. It's sad if people loose their account or the habit to play everyday, there's people playing for 15 years on the same eso account.

I'm going back to play vanilla sometimes, seeing old mates that didnt buy DE, it's the end of an era. Feel kinda bad about that, but it had to happen one day or another.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

Cleters wrote:I dont know, I don't think anyone will dl the new online. It's sad if people loose their account or the habit to play everyday, there's people playing for 15 years on the same eso account.

I'm going back to play vanilla sometimes, seeing old mates that didnt buy DE, it's the end of an era. Feel kinda bad about that, but it had to happen one day or another.
I don't think that people will lose their accounts, i'm not even sure it gonna change a lot of things compared to now, but i gave the link of the patch because it gonna be the only way to play online and the communication around this is not really huge lol
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

The interesting part is that this voids the ESOC brand of any meaning, now that the last remnant of ESO will be retired.
The ESO in ESO-C just doesn't mean anything anymore.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

is community.net taken?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

but I'm surprised that microsoft give a fuck enought about the online part of legacy to make it survive on news servers, anyone got an explanation?
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Dolan wrote:The ESO in ESO-C just doesn't mean anything anymore.
It still does to me :love:
Belgium P4blit0
Crossbow
ESO: P4blit0

Post by P4blit0 »

Thanks for the info! Didn't pay attention when I played this week.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:but I'm surprised that microsoft give a fuck enought about the online part of legacy to make it survive on news servers, anyone got an explanation?
There are no new servers, the patch is just to disable the check that eso.com is up, because they no longer own that domain.

Legacy is still being played and bought, seems reason enough to release a simple patch.
Spain Trevize70
Crossbow
ESO: Trevize70

Post by Trevize70 »

So if I understood the los servers dissapears the 1 of septiembre right?

I have download the patch and seems that nobody has downloaded the patch yet. All the people is playing in the old ones

Now i do not know how to disable this patch in order to play until the 1th of September
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

It's absolutely insane that one of the world's largest technology companies can't figure out how to push a patch out for their game over Steam and has to resort to this "manual patch" method.

And that they're still wiling to sell the legacy game for $40.
Spain Trevize70
Crossbow

Post by Trevize70 »

I Will wait until the 1 of September to see what happenss. If not i Will remover the Game from steam and instalo again i suppose
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@Trevize70 should be enough to verify integrity of game files through Steam, that will get you the regular unpatched files back.
Spain Trevize70
Crossbow

Post by Trevize70 »

Hi eaglemut thanks for your fast response. I never do that. Could you guide me how to do that?

Thanks a lot!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Trevize70 wrote:Hi eaglemut thanks for your fast response. I never do that. Could you guide me how to do that?

Thanks a lot!
Sure. Right-click the game in your Steam library, then select Properties... -> LOCAL FILES -> Verify integrity of game files...
Earth DayanG
Musketeer

Post by DayanG »

musketeer925 wrote:It's absolutely insane that one of the world's largest technology companies can't figure out how to push a patch out for their game over Steam and has to resort to this "manual patch" method.

Honestly it's a theft so they are thieves. Either they have forgotten that aoe3 legacy exists or they are simply deceiving people
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

musketeer925 wrote:It's absolutely insane that one of the world's largest technology companies can't figure out how to push a patch out for their game over Steam and has to resort to this "manual patch" method.

There maybe large number of people who bought the CD version, how will they access if the patch is steam only?
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

princeofcarthage wrote:

There maybe large number of people who bought the CD version, how will they access if the patch is steam only?
Of course, they'd need to offer the patch through a manual method, too. But hitting all steam users would be a good start. Pushing out through the in-game updater would be nice, too.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Perhaps it's not Microsoft that can't figure out how to do it. Perhaps it's Steam that has rules about content that's on their platform for a long time. Maybe Steam doesn't let you change anything.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Patch to still access to eso (1st september 2021)

Post by gibson »

No its not steam. The single person who's probably been tasked to do this either doesn't know how/doesn't give a shit.