AOEIV-What if?

Mexico fitosone
Crossbow

AOEIV-What if?

Post by fitosone »

I though of this since i saw the announcement of shenmue 3 on the E3 (never played the nor know about it), so what if the age of empires community join to talk Microsoft about getting AoE IV
as a kickstarter project this sure would have cons and pros but to be honest ive been missing games like AoE or Rise of Nations and since i played AoE up to AoE III i though o man the day this game hits the WW era sadly we know what happend to ensamble, however there its a studio with some crew of the extint ensamble working for them and using kickstarte as plataform to launch AoE IV doesnt sound that crazy i mean if AoE I,II,III community join efforts and look through official channels we might be able to lit the fire of this beautiful game, this is just and idea but i wanted to know what the community thinks specially the people who to certain level have communication with the official channels of the game it sounds unlikely to happen but its posible look how AoE II got a bit of content after so many years, regardless of that i want to know what you think guys.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

AOEIV-What if?

Post by yurashic »

There won't be AoE 4 simply because nobody cares about RTS nowadays, same about MMORPG. All large companies now focus on producing session games which are easy to make and easy to play. The only popular RTS nowadays is Starcraft 2 and I don't think that there will be anything else big in such genre in the near future.
No Flag SignSlasher
Crossbow

AOEIV-What if?

Post by SignSlasher »

Can you imagine AOE3 if it was released today? You'd just get one age up politician, and the others would have a little link to where you could buy them as DLC on steam. You'd buy the Asian Dynasties and you'd get the Japanese campaign and have to pay for the others, oh and you want to use the Asian civs online? You'll have to get the DLC.

There won't be AoE 4 simply because nobody cares about RTS nowadays, same about MMORPG. All large companies now focus on producing session games which are easy to make and easy to play. The only popular RTS nowadays is Starcraft 2 and I don't think that there will be anything else big in such genre in the near future.
+1
Although CoH2 did come out fairly recently

What are session games though?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

AOEIV-What if?

Post by Garja »

Microsoft doesn't need kickstarter, they have moneyz.
And anyway there is a strategy game in development by Decisive Games Studios (Microsoft first party studio), and since Halo Wars 2 belongs to another studio, chances are high that it will be a new Age of Empires of some kind.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

AOEIV-What if?

Post by momuuu »

yurashic wrote:There won''t be AoE 4 simply because nobody cares about RTS nowadays, same about MMORPG. All large companies now focus on producing session games which are easy to make and easy to play. The only popular RTS nowadays is Starcraft 2 and I don''t think that there will be anything else big in such genre in the near future.

aoe2 is still very popular though. People do care about rts games, its just that no good ones have been made.

I kinda enjoyed sc2, but it hasnt been able to become my new favorite game. Hoping warcraft 4 or aoe5 could make me love a game like I love aoe3.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

AOEIV-What if?

Post by Rikikipu »

garja wrote:Microsoft doesn''t need kickstarter, they have moneyz.
And anyway there is a strategy game in development by Decisive Games Studios (Microsoft first party studio), and since Halo Wars 2 belongs to another studio, chances are high that it will be a new Age of Empires of some kind.
As Garja said, the presentation of Halo Wars 2 recently was a nice news for aoe''s fan : that means that Decisive Games may be working on Age of Empires 4, we will see in one year i guess.
France iNcog
Ninja

AOEIV-What if?

Post by iNcog »

source on that garja?

:D
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

AOEIV-What if?

Post by momuuu »

The anticipation is real.

Ive been waiting for aoe4 (aoe5 whatever you want) for years now. Hope its a great mix of aoe3 and aoe2. Probably just gonna be a remake of aoe2 though.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

AOEIV-What if?

Post by gibson »

Aoe4 isn't gonna happen
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

AOEIV-What if?

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:Aoe4 isn''t gonna happen
Thumbs up for gibson because he actually checked those links and read them thoroughly before coming to his conclusion!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

AOEIV-What if?

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:Aoe4 isnt gonna happen
Thumbs up for gibson because he actually checked those links and read them thoroughly before coming to his conclusion!

gibson is just being a realist. I think if Jerom looked deep into his own soul he would realize that he too believe gonna hapoen
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

AOEIV-What if?

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:Thumbs up for gibson because he actually checked those links and read them thoroughly before coming to his conclusion!
gibson is just being a realist. I think if Jerom looked deep into his own soul he would realize that he too believe gonna hapoen
I used to feel the same, but the latest developements seemed to really suggest something. The aoe2HD stuff could really have been part of an extended plan to make a new aoe game. Get people to realize aoe2 is still a fucking great game by releasing it again (but calling it hd lol), switching to new better forums, which didnt really work out but whatever, and now these rumours about a new game in a beloved strategy franchise.

Wether its gonna be another aoeo or really a good aoe game is the question. It really feels like microsoft doesnt care about pc games' they want to change the focus of their company from pcs to the mobile phones and tablets and stuff like that. Aoeo really felt like it was supposed to be incorporated in that plan, it really seems like a game made for mobiles or tablets. Almost like they wanted to make a mobile app for it (only available for windows phones or tablets of course) that could allow you to manage your city via that app while away from home or whatever. Thats possibly why they added all this crafting nonsense.

The same could happen for a new game, if it were to happen. It could become a vehicle to push their mobile phones or the xbox or whatever. Which would make me really sad of course.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

AOEIV-What if?

Post by Garja »

Microsoft focus is not on mobile devices btw. Their gaming focus at the moment is to unify pc gaming and xbox. Next titles that will work on win10 will probably also run on xbox.
Image Image Image
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

AOEIV-What if?

Post by yurashic »

signslasher wrote:Can you imagine AOE3 if it was released today? You''d just get one age up politician, and the others would have a little link to where you could buy them as DLC on steam. You''d buy the Asian Dynasties and you''d get the Japanese campaign and have to pay for the others, oh and you want to use the Asian civs online? You''ll have to get the DLC.

There won''t be AoE 4 simply because nobody cares about RTS nowadays, same about MMORPG. All large companies now focus on producing session games which are easy to make and easy to play. The only popular RTS nowadays is Starcraft 2 and I don''t think that there will be anything else big in such genre in the near future.
+1
Although CoH2 did come out fairly recently

What are session games though?
Session games are casual games where you do not have to spend much time. It is stuff like mobas, first person shooters, card games. They are easy to make because the developers only have to make a bunch of maps and some characters. They do not require a big world like MMOs, they are easier to play than strategy games.

In these games you do not have to level up your hero or home city, you do not have to think how to beat Iroquois as Chinese.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

AOEIV-What if?

Post by momuuu »

garja wrote:Microsoft focus is not on mobile devices btw. Their gaming focus at the moment is to unify pc gaming and xbox. Next titles that will work on win10 will probably also run on xbox.
So they want to make an xbox rts? rip aoe
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

AOEIV-What if?

Post by Garja »

Nah they will make it on pc and probably available on xbox too. It wouldn't be the first time that a rts works on a console.
Image Image Image
No Flag SaDe
Crossbow

AOEIV-What if?

Post by SaDe »

Aoe2 HD was basically Microsoft taking a community based mod which enhanced unit models, terrain and water made by voobly.com and capitalizing on it.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

AOEIV-What if?

Post by japanesegeneral »

Is anybody of u guys billionair? Than just buy the rights for the series and pay a companie to make AoEIV. This is why anybody of us has to become super rich. Otherwise there will not be an AoEIV cause i?ve seen the new so called RTS game microsoft announced. Its not AoE sorry.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

AOEIV-What if?

Post by gibson »

japanesegeneral wrote:Is anybody of u guys billionair? Than just buy the rights for the series and pay a companie to make AoEIV. This is why anybody of us has to become super rich. Otherwise there will not be an AoEIV cause i?ve seen the new so called RTS game microsoft announced. Its not AoE sorry.

sorry but no one is a billionaire
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

AOEIV-What if?

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
japanesegeneral wrote:Is anybody of u guys billionair? Than just buy the rights for the series and pay a companie to make AoEIV. This is why anybody of us has to become super rich. Otherwise there will not be an AoEIV cause i?ve seen the new so called RTS game microsoft announced. Its not AoE sorry.
sorry but no one is a billionaire
but if we have 1000 members only half of us would have to sell his house to make it happen :D

unfortunately probably less than a quarter of us owns a house.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

AOEIV-What if?

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote: sorry but no one is a billionaire
but if we have 1000 members only half of us would have to sell his house to make it happen :D

I live in my parents house lol
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

AOEIV-What if?

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:but if we have 1000 members only half of us would have to sell his house to make it happen :D

I live in my parents house lol
Well, kill them.
France iNcog
Ninja

AOEIV-What if?

Post by iNcog »

garja wrote:http://www.lifeisxbox.eu/2015/08/06/xbox-one-has-an-incredible-2015-and-2016-but-much-more-is-still-secret/#more-208

http://steverulez.com/?p=16192

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 09&page=11

Sick shiiiit
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Paranoid Android
Crossbow

AOEIV-What if?

Post by Paranoid Android »

fuck