How to beat a Aztecs lame rush?

France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

How to beat a Aztecs lame rush?

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

Hi, was wondering how to counter a Aztec lame rush with all the unit shippment on the deck etc etc (as french and as sioux) ?

Legacy, tad please
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Re: How to beat a Aztecs lame rush?

Post by chris1089 »

Basically you have to ship your own units, macro super tight, utilise tc efficiently, and not give any free units.

Idk for sioux, but for French I'd suggest skipping placer mines and possibly steel traps, starting rax and stable, shipping 700 wood first and making bow/huss. Then either 600 wood, 700 coin or 8 bow.
Don't forget to use your CBD.

I don't play Sioux but I'd imagine you can just do the warhut rush build, but in base.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

chris1089 wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 09:35
Basically you have to ship your own units, macro super tight, utilise tc efficiently, and not give any free units.

Idk for sioux, but for French I'd suggest skipping placer mines and possibly steel traps, starting rax and stable, shipping 700 wood first and making bow/huss. Then either 600 wood, 700 coin or 8 bow.
Don't forget to use your CBD.

I don't play Sioux but I'd imagine you can just do the warhut rush build, but in base.
well thank you i'll try that and see if it work, but bow/huss seem hard to mix and have a good mass in the same time
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

Ye, well it's very much for against an all in build, and you're using the crates for your bows and gathering quite a bit in transition. I haven't practised much, rather it's a build someone else recommended for the mu.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

At low levels you can get away with just xbows really. Have to use all the rest as anticav tho so it requires a bit of skills. It's easier strategy and macro but you need better micro.
Huss-bow is the recommended comp but again if your micro is not good you will get trampled even harder.
Image Image Image
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

LOL do Aztec have "lame" rush in current version? With those shipments less than 600 resources?
For Lakota you just start warhut and win. Axe rider > coyote, clubmen > puma, bowmen >= slinger. You can even build teepees with your infantry under their front warhut.
For French you make hussar+xbow, and switch into hussar musk in late colonial. But generally you can just hold the rush easily and go age 3.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

Garja wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 20:29
At low levels you can get away with just xbows really. Have to use all the rest as anticav tho so it requires a bit of skills. It's easier strategy and macro but you need better micro.
Huss-bow is the recommended comp but again if your micro is not good you will get trampled even harder.
well I don't know what you consider as low level or not, but i ask for captain level, so probably low for you but i'll say "med" for the game

but my micro suck hard
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

fei123456 wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 01:55
LOL do Aztec have "lame" rush in current version? With those shipments less than 600 resources?
For Lakota you just start warhut and win. Axe rider > coyote, clubmen > puma, bowmen >= slinger. You can even build teepees with your infantry under their front warhut.
For French you make hussar+xbow, and switch into hussar musk in late colonial. But generally you can just hold the rush easily and go age 3.
I said in the post "Legacy, TAD"
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

Most of that still holds though.
India Realife_Brahmin
Skirmisher
ESO: Realife_Brahmin

Post by Realife_Brahmin »

Perhaps post a video of your play here.
I'm sure the experts here can better guide you in Aztecs vs French (the one match-up France is expected to stay on top of. It feels to me as if the civ was designed to be countered by France lol).
In Colonial Age, Aztecs are like Russia if Russia had expensive pikes for musks and poor economic follow-up to the early raids and map control.

Note: I'm making the generous assumption that you're on a TP map. (Not that Aztecs don't like taking TPs but they have other XP gimmicks while France is objectively at a disadvantage on no TP maps.)
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

Realife_Brahmin wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 08:12
Perhaps post a video of your play here.
I'm sure the experts here can better guide you in Aztecs vs French (the one match-up France is expected to stay on top of. It feels to me as if the civ was designed to be countered by France lol).
In Colonial Age, Aztecs are like Russia if Russia had expensive pikes for musks and poor economic follow-up to the early raids and map control.

Note: I'm making the generous assumption that you're on a TP map. (Not that Aztecs don't like taking TPs but they have other XP gimmicks while France is objectively at a disadvantage on no TP maps.)
well i'll try to rec a game when this match up come again,

but russia is easier to play age 2 because weak anti cav, but aztec got good anti cav, and they got map control with FB so it's hard to keep the tp if it's not in your base (for me at least)