Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Microsoft programmers can't math?

Post by gibson »

zoom wrote:
jerom wrote:limit[n->inf](a*0.95^n)=0
So he is right ')
No, son. You can multiply any number greater than zero with any number greater than zero and it will never become zero.

So he is wrong.

But it can become a number infinitesimally close to 0 which is considered by everyone to be 0. Im guessing you have never taken calculus because this is an important fact when youre doing limits in calculus. When a number is infinitesimally small it is literally just 0. So actually he is right.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Here is the stats data for the Ashi attack degradation as far as I recorded them:

Ranged/Siege/Hand

NR 24/21/10
JA 25/22/10
ER 22/19/9
JA(2) 23/20/10
ER 21/18/9
JA(3) 22/19/9
ER 20/17/8

This shows that in only three ended relations attack is lowered significantly.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

gibson wrote:
zoom wrote:No, son. You can multiply any number greater than zero with any number greater than zero and it will never become zero.

So he is wrong.
But it can become a number infinitesimally close to 0 which is considered by everyone to be 0. Im guessing you have never taken calculus because this is an important fact when youre doing limits in calculus. When a number is infinitesimally small it is literally just 0. So actually he is right.
Plato was big on the idea that there are no absolutes in life (they only existed for him in immaterial forms). Aristotle, on the other hand, realized that there are are certain things that are absolute for all intents and purposes. Even though we cant measure anything with absolute precision, we can come close enough that it really doesnt matter for the majority of real-world applications.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

gibson wrote:
zoom wrote:No, son. You can multiply any number greater than zero with any number greater than zero and it will never become zero.

So he is wrong.
The functions limit is zero that doesnt mean it can ever truly equal zero. If it could, then 1*0.95^n = 0 would have a solution which it does not.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

calmyourtits wrote:
gibson wrote:But it can become a number infinitesimally close to 0 which is considered by everyone to be 0. Im guessing you have never taken calculus because this is an important fact when youre doing limits in calculus. When a number is infinitesimally small it is literally just 0. So actually he is right.
The functions limit is zero that doesnt mean it can ever truly equal zero. If it could, then 1*0.95^n = 0 would have a solution which it does not.

well for all practical purposes .0(infinatly repeating)1 is 0. Sorry but I dont know how to make the little line over a number that means infinatly repeating on my phone :(
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

calmyourtits wrote:
gibson wrote:But it can become a number infinitesimally close to 0 which is considered by everyone to be 0. Im guessing you have never taken calculus because this is an important fact when youre doing limits in calculus. When a number is infinitesimally small it is literally just 0. So actually he is right.

unless n is infinite.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

I have something to add to this. I was reviewing a map (possibly yellow river) and it uses a spawn switch thing to flip the sides and player positions around.

It is codes something like this:
Int num1 = randomFloat(0,1)'
If (num1 < .3){
assignLocation1()'
}
Else If(num1 < .6)}
assignLocation2()'
}

Etc, you get the idea.
Now the problem is, the number is generated as a float, as it should be. Then, it is converted to a 0 or a 1 with rounding, effectively making all of the if statements except for the ones containing 0 and 1 in them redundant.

Wtf microsoft.

I will post the actual, functioning code when i get home in a few days.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Let me get this straight: You're saying they assign player locations based on a random number between 0 and 1 which is then thrown into a series of if statements where there are more than 2 possibilities (implied by your <'.3 and <'.6), but then it's always either the first or the last possibility because the float is converted to an int immediately...?

Mind pasting the actual code here?
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Lucky for us if you end relations with British as India or China you suck. If you end relationship with Japan as Japan you also suck.

Neither of these bugs matter :).
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

calmyourtits wrote:Let me get this straight: You''re saying they assign player locations based on a random number between 0 and 1 which is then thrown into a series of if statements where there are more than 2 possibilities (implied by your <.3 and <.6), but then it''s always either the first or the last possibility because the float is converted to an int immediately...?

Mind pasting the actual code here?

yeah ill post it when i get home in a day or two
No Flag สยาม
Skirmisher

Post by สยาม »

It means? I don't understand?
Eng and japan op?
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

chun wrote:It means? I don''t understand?
Eng and japan op?
It means you shouldn''t end relations with Japanese at the consulate.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

h2o wrote:Lucky for us if you end relations with British as India or China you suck. If you end relationship with Japan as Japan you also suck.

what if you just tryna get out a quick bank then go back to them?
No Flag สยาม
Skirmisher

Post by สยาม »

britishmusketeer wrote:
chun wrote:It means? I dont understand?
Eng and japan op?
It means you shouldnt end relations with Japanese at the consulate.
? If I play jap. jap shouldnt relations with Japanese at the consulate. go dutch or portu or other?
If jap should relations with Japanese at the consulate. It bug? op or not op?
Thank you for answer.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

You should go Jap isolation, but don't ever cancel it. You'll lose 5% attack on your units every time you do.
No Flag สยาม
Skirmisher

Post by สยาม »

calmyourtits wrote:You should go Jap isolation, but don''t ever cancel it. You''ll lose 5% attack on your units every time you do.
Yes I know but edeholland say?

So I''ve been looking into the bug that units lose more HP when they break relations with British than they get with allying.

The code for allying is the following:

<'Effect type =''TechStatus'' status =''obtainable''>'ypConsulateRelationsBritish<'/Effect>'

<'Effect type =''Data'' amount =''1.10'' subtype =''Hitpoints'' relativity =''BasePercent''>'

<'Target type =''ProtoUnit''>'AbstractVillager<'/Target>'<'/Effect>'

<'Effect type =''Data'' amount =''1.10'' subtype =''Hitpoints'' relativity =''BasePercent''>'

<'Target type =''ProtoUnit''>'AbstractInfantry<'/Target>'<'/Effect>'

<'Target type =''ProtoUnit''>'AbstractCavalry<'/Target>'<'/Effect>'

<'Target type =''ProtoUnit''>'AbstractArtillery<'/Target>'<'/Effect>'

<'Target type =''ProtoUnit''>'Surgeon<'/Target>'<'/Effect>'

The code for breaking relations is the following:

<'Effect type =''TechStatus'' status =''unobtainable''>'ypConsulateRelationsBritish<'/Effect>'

<'Effect type =''Data'' amount =''0.90'' subtype =''Hitpoints'' relativity =''BasePercent''>'

<'Effect type =''Data'' amount =''0.90'' subtype =''Hitpoints'' relativity =''BasePercent''>'

<'Target type =''ProtoUnit''>'Surgeon<'/Target>'<'/Effect>'

Who thought this was a good idea? Multiplying a number by 1,10 and then by 0,9 does not give you the original value.

150*1,1=165

165*0,9=148,5

So basicly, each time you break relations with Brits, you lose 1% hp on all your units.

It''s even worse for Japanese.

When you isolate:

<'Effect type =''Data'' amount =''1.05'' subtype =''Damage'' allactions =''1'' relativity =''BasePercent''>'

<'Effect type =''Data'' amount =''1.05'' subtype =''Damage'' allactions =''1'' relativity =''BasePercent''>'

<'Target type =''ProtoUnit''>'AbstractVillager<'/Target>'<'/Effect>'

When you break relations:

<'Effect type =''Data'' amount =''0.90'' subtype =''Damage'' allactions =''1'' relativity =''BasePercent''>'

<'Effect type =''Data'' amount =''0.90'' subtype =''Damage'' allactions =''1'' relativity =''BasePercent''>'

So you also lose more than 1% of your attack each time you break relations.

:whistling:

Means?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

That was GoodSpeed said. No more. No less.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Thanks for copying my entire post. I have no idea what it means.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

edeholland wrote:Thanks for copying my entire post. I have no idea what it means.

he obviously isnt that good in english and thus might not fully understand how the forum works. Maybe you should try to understand his point of view rather than act like this.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

durokan wrote:I have something to add to this. I was reviewing a map (possibly yellow river) and it uses a spawn switch thing to flip the sides and player positions around.

If (num1 <' .3){
assignLocation1()'
}
Else If(num1 <' .6)}
assignLocation2()'
}

Etc, you get the idea.
Now the problem is, the number is generated as a float, as it should be. Then, it is converted to a 0 or a 1 with rounding, effectively making all of the if statements except for the ones containing 0 and 1 in them redundant.

Wtf microsoft.

Likely their intention is making sure that one spawn is picked with a certain probability. In this case your code doesn''t add up because there is a possibility that neither of the two is chosen, with probability 0.4. Spawn 1 is chosen with probably 0.3, Spawn 2 is chosen with probability 0.3 in your example, and nothing happens with probability 0.4

This is assuming that randFloat generates from a uniform [0,1] distribution.

Though after re-reading, I kind of get what you mean if it''s immediately converted to an int XD
oranges.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

aizamk wrote:
durokan wrote:I have something to add to this. I was reviewing a map (possibly yellow river) and it uses a spawn switch thing to flip the sides and player positions around.

If (num1 < .3){
assignLocation1()'
}
Else If(num1 < .6)}
assignLocation2()'
}

Etc, you get the idea.

Wtf microsoft.

Likely their intention is making sure that one spawn is picked with a certain probability. In this case your code doesnt add up because there is a possibility that neither of the two is chosen, with probability 0.4. Spawn 1 is chosen with probably 0.3, Spawn 2 is chosen with probability 0.3 in your example, and nothing happens with probability 0.4

This is assuming that randFloat generates from a uniform [0,1] distribution.

Though after re-reading, I kind of get what you mean if its immediately converted to an int XD

i only posted half of an if statement i made up. The intent was to bring up the INT - Float on context. It is instantly converted to an int. the statement continued on to .9 and 1.2. Its probably psuedo rng for the 0-1 but it should be close enough for spawn generation

Side note, can I officially be your #3 fan?
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

gibson wrote:
h2o wrote:Lucky for us if you end relations with British as India or China you suck. If you end relationship with Japan as Japan you also suck.

what if you just tryna get out a quick bank then go back to them?

Get the bank first. Brits and Japan are the end game allies. Dont get them before u are happy with all ur short term techs.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

jerom wrote:
edeholland wrote:Thanks for copying my entire post. I have no idea what it means.
he obviously isnt that good in english and thus might not fully understand how the forum works. Maybe you should try to understand his point of view rather than act like this.
I understand his point of view, I am not stupid :p Dunno what is wrong with a troll post when he cant read it anyways. GoodSpeed told him everything he needed to know anyways.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

Didn't know that cuz I never broke my alliance with the Jap isolation, ty.
Tho I never play Japan and fuck anyone who does really.