Possible NE tourney

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Possible NE tourney

Post by Papist »

ivan wrote:+11111111111

I talked about this with Papist yesterday and we agreed this would be a good idea.
In retrospect there are far too many balance issues for a serious tournament with cash involved. Perhaps after 1-2 releases... Didn''t think about smack-down, that should be pretty good for a start.
Also I''m kinda busy atm, however I would love to take part if you make it in winter or something.
I wouldn''t want to do it in the winter, as the focus would be entirely on the official tourney. I don''t want to divert traffic from the tourney, nor do I want to tourney to overshadow an NE one. Ideally, I think it would be hosted just after the winter one.

@Edeholland. I was an original member of that clan lol.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Possible NE tourney

Post by medinos »

For first it would be the best idea of an NE Smackdown maybe every friday or saturday ?
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Possible NE tourney

Post by tilanus »

I agree an NE multiplayer event shouldn't conflict with an ESOC tournament.

Some time ago we did internally plan with a weekly NE multiplayer event called NE Weekly or NE Generals. This is the idea:
[img alt="http://i.imgur.com/r5BkHWn.jpg" src="http://i.imgur.com/r5BkHWn.jpg[/img]

Napoleonic Era is looking for skilled NE players to play NE online in a weekly cycle via ESO and/or GameRanger. You'd play against anyone who wants, post the results, ideally recruit new players (you're a general!) and give the NE team feedback on the matches.

You should be longterm-motivated, fair and not lose every 2nd game. ') Main game modes would be supremacy up to treaty 20 mins. Main goal is to have fun playing games with the NE community. Streaming capabilities are a nice plus, but not required.
Lancer

Possible NE tourney

Post by medinos »

tilanus wrote:I agree an NE multiplayer event shouldn''t conflict with an ESOC tournament.

Some time ago we did internally plan with a weekly NE multiplayer event called NE Weekly or NE Generals. This is the idea:
[img alt="http://i.imgur.com/r5BkHWn.jpg" src="http://i.imgur.com/r5BkHWn.jpg[/img]

Napoleonic Era is looking for skilled NE players to play NE online in a weekly cycle via ESO and/or GameRanger. You''d play against anyone who wants, post the results, ideally recruit new players (you''re a general!) and give the NE team feedback on the matches.

You should be longterm-motivated, fair and not lose every 2nd game. ') Main game modes would be supremacy up to treaty 20 mins. Main goal is to have fun playing games with the NE community. Streaming capabilities are a nice plus, but not required.
Well is that idea going to become some officials or is this just some plans I mean the player cap is getting lower it would be wise to start doing some stuff to get people know the mod etc...
And btw when is the new balance patch coming out ?
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Possible NE tourney

Post by tilanus »

We still intend to do it, when better balanced versions are out and time is due. I disagree btw that the player counts are getting lower, the opposite is the case. The thing is NE has become popular in multiplayer quite late - for obvious reasons - but every new release spreads the word and gets people excited it to play it online.

There's no specific balance patch, since every version usually contains balance changes. We'll try to fix the gross of issues with the next 2 releases.
Lancer

Possible NE tourney

Post by medinos »

tilanus wrote:We still intend to do it, when better balanced versions are out and time is due. I disagree btw that the player counts are getting lower, the opposite is the case. The thing is NE has become popular in multiplayer quite late - for obvious reasons - but every new release spreads the word and gets people excited it to play it online.

There''s no specific balance patch, since every version usually contains balance changes. We''ll try to fix the gross of issues with the next 2 releases.
And when is the new balance patch getting out..
And also it would be nice that NE has some AoE 3 NE theme here like a sticky or idk..
And the reason why NE has low player cap its because we have low content of multiplayer that is the reason why we need NE smackdown on ESOC there people will say omg this looks cool how can I play it then we paste the patch to them etc.. and the fun starts and NE become viral :D
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Possible NE tourney

Post by Rikikipu »

It could be a funny event!
Lancer

Possible NE tourney

Post by medinos »

rikikipu wrote:It could be a funny event!
It would be either fun and more informative about the NE mod...
A lot of people think its bugged it acctualy works really fine no problems at all and easy way to play online...
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Re: Possible NE tourney

Post by tilanus »

NE 2.1.7b fun tournament
Hey there, NE players are currently planning a NE 2.1.7b fun tournament on the NE forum. You can sign up in this thread and help setting the rules. Deadline for sign-ups is Wednesday the 30th.

• I may add that it'll not be a 'serious', competitive ESOC-style tourney. There's still the idea to restrict the use of certain civilizations (Swiss, Swedish, Italians, ..) and prefer a map pool containing original AoE3/ESOC maps over NE ones (though some certainly be good to have).
  • Mind that this will probably be the last chance to play with the current civ designs as they are. The next version will greatly rework numerous civs.
  • Therefore see the NE tourney more as a multiplayer event celebrating the old NE.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

tilanus t_t

can you please try to get NE included in esoc launcher? :D

i'd play that game mode a little more myself but i run into installation issues whenever i try NE
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

The thing I hate about NE is that it is so fucking unstandard and that they desperately tried to make another unique going for each civ. shooting skirms that can gather res lol
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

that sounds cool to me, tbh
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Slightly off topic, but the conversion process for ui 2.1 is so far looking to be much simpler (though still a few hours-days of work depending on how much I can outsource to willing and able musketeer925s).

No guarantees but will be looking into doing this/ outlining what needs to be done to make it work with NE in the future. (Note it will likely still need to be uninstall/reinstall)
oranges.
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

I forgot to add:
The tourney will most likely be played with NE 2.1.7b + AI Limit Hotfix, that makes it possible to use ALL original and NE civs. The hotfix is the first application of the Unhardcode Patch by kangcliff and danielpereira btw.

Regarding Smackdown & Balance:
In the NE thread I've listed the pros and cons that I see and I'm now convinced that what matters most is the fun aspect of it and the feature and excitement of content that is different to AoE3. So balance clearly is secondary here, even though I made clear there'll be some prevention measure. A smackdown could maybe feature the finals (incl. quarters & semi finals), even though I'm not sure yet how many matches will be played. It also depends on Inter's willingness to cover an event like this.

Papist wrote:If there is enough interest shown, I would be happy to be a part of organizing a tournament. If you have any interest in playing or administrating, please say so.

So then, now is your chance! :D While there are already 2 NE players who said they'll organize it, I think they could need a helping hand from someone coming from a competitive community that already has a record of successfully organized tournaments.

iNcog wrote:tilanus t_t

i'd play that game mode a little more myself but i run into installation issues whenever i try NE

Then I have good news for you, because this is something we are planning in the dev team. ;)

yemshi wrote:The thing I hate about NE is that it is so fucking unstandard and that they desperately tried to make another unique going for each civ. shooting skirms that can gather res lol

We're not desperate lol, but just unhappy with the numerous design failures that were made in AoE3 (both known and unknown to the makers) and simply refuse to accept, converse and glorify them to eternity. In that regard NE is more consequential than the EP, because in order to improve it breaks the dogma of AoE3 being a perfect game it never was in so many ways. Staying standard would only mean to accept the status quo as the base of our design, which is not what we deem worth (anymore). There are so many expansion-like mods doing only cosmetics that NE being stuck somewhere between an inofficial expansion and a clearly intended revamp would not have been satisfying for us in the long run. And since we're convinced that AoE3 could have been both, a much better game and a better Age of Empires we picked the latter. 8-) And finally, AoE3 would just stop to be interesting and get boring without some extra :salt: :D
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I read this as "possible Nebraska tourney" and was looking forward to casually coasting to my 1st place (and only place) finish.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

NE is completely and utterly unbalanced. I can't picture it being competitive in any way.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Atomiswave wrote:NE is completely and utterly unbalanced. I can't picture it being competitive in any way.

It's not meant to be. Read tilanus's post, it's just for fun ;)
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

tilanus wrote:
iNcog wrote:tilanus t_t

Then I have good news for you, because this is something we are planning in the dev team. ;)

Just read this, allow me to say that I am quite hyped to hear this! Good luck with this project, I can't wait to see something like this pop up because it would be an amazing thing for the AoE3 community!

Let's try to get the NE tournament some attention imo, with a stream on ESOCTV.
Garja wrote: