Treaty Cup Sign Ups are Now Live!

New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

sc wrote:
metis wrote:I think I will just give up on trying to clean up this game by reporting those who cheat. You "Andes" bunch have notoriously point traded because you think that it just brings you up to your "real" rank. Microsoft doesnt seem to give a damn about point traders as those accounts have always been at the top of the PR ladders. MS also doesnt seem to care that people make monter trucks in Age 1 or even impersonate Microsoft Admins in order to steal accounts.

http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/pla ... C3%AFs&amp't=age3yTR&'m=latestmatch&'pid=305731&'page=3

Get off your high horse mate. In 2009-2012 I barely knew you besides from your forum posts, from which I gathered you were extremely helpful albeit incompetent at the game. Since I started playing again Ive played with you maybe 5-6 times and now Ive come to know you as a toxic ass who contributes to the decline of the community. Maybe you did seriously try to help the community at one point. Maybe you burnt out due to zero help from admins. But as it stands right now... you have zero righteous fury dollars in your righteous fury account.

Regarding your link... its from 2012. People change a lot in 3 years. Seems you have.
+1
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

Also A question on donating money towards the prize - is there any transparency? Are we guaranteed a refund if for whatever reason the tourny isn't finished?
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

ocemilky wrote:Also A question on donating money towards the prize - is there any transparency? Are we guaranteed a refund if for whatever reason the tourny isn''t finished?

Yes
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Is there a refund if I don't win the prize money?
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag anonymous123
Dragoon

Post by anonymous123 »

evilcheadar wrote:Is there a refund if I don''t win the prize money?
No, But if you win you get refund with interest.
No Flag Aeten
Crossbow

Post by Aeten »

This must be a joke:
Get off your high horse mate. In 2009-2012 I barely knew you besides from your forum posts, from which I gathered you were extremely helpful albeit incompetent at the game. Since I started playing again I've played with you maybe 5-6 times and now I've come to know you as a toxic ass who contributes to the decline of the community. Maybe you did seriously try to help the community at one point. Maybe you burnt out due to zero help from admins. But as it stands right now... you have zero righteous fury dollars in your righteous fury account.

Regarding your link... its from 2012. People change a lot in 3 years. Seems you have.
How dare you talk to messi this way, I didn't want to react but this goes too far, you are lot more toxic for the community than he is, and it s not just hot air i have proof. Messi never insults, he never uses harsh words, and he answers to noobies with pedagogy. Even if he faces assholes he d just give up, i never saw him losing his nerves and acting like a 12yo. Also he s the one who searched a lot of details from the proto file to help treaty players. Even if it wasn't truly significant to make better booms he helped understanding why, understanding how the game works, he killed some myths too. That was a truly amazing job, and he certainly did more than that, like moderating age com for years etc. Yall auto proclamed treaty "pros" should take a big breath, and play a bit sc2, see how it goes.You have just average good skills, and every aoe player know it, its not a competitive game, it never was, especially in treaty, you re too fool of yourselves and you take it too seriously. So please, make me a favor, YOU get off your high horse!
No Flag dicktator
Skirmisher

Post by dicktator »

aeten wrote:This must be a joke:
Get off your high horse mate. In 2009-2012 I barely knew you besides from your forum posts, from which I gathered you were extremely helpful albeit incompetent at the game. Since I started playing again I''ve played with you maybe 5-6 times and now I''ve come to know you as a toxic ass who contributes to the decline of the community. Maybe you did seriously try to help the community at one point. Maybe you burnt out due to zero help from admins. But as it stands right now... you have zero righteous fury dollars in your righteous fury account.

How dare you talk to messi this way, I didn''t want to react but this goes too far, you are lot more toxic for the community than he is, and it s not just hot air i have proof. Messi never insults, he never uses harsh words, and he answers to noobies with pedagogy. Even if he faces assholes he d just give up, i never saw him losing his nerves and acting like a 12yo. Also he s the one who searched a lot of details from the proto file to help treaty players. Even if it wasn''t truly significant to make better booms he helped understanding why, understanding how the game works, he killed some myths too. That was a truly amazing job, and he certainly did more than that, like moderating age com for years etc. Yall auto proclamed treaty "pros" should take a big breath, and play a bit sc2, see how it goes.You have just average good skills, and every aoe player know it, its not a competitive game, it never was, especially in treaty, you re too fool of yourselves and you take it too seriously. So please, make me a favor, YOU get off your high horse!

Nah Metis was the one in the wrong here, first he acted like a few point trade games are a good enough reason to disqualify someone from a tourney for a dying game. Then when charlemagen made a civil response Metis dug up dirt (point trade games) on him from THREE YEARS AGO and used that to claim that the entire "Andes bunch" are a bunch of assholes that need to be "cleaned up". No doubt Metis has been extremely helpful in the past and I am grateful to all the work he did to help the game type that I love, but that doesn''t excuse his behavior here. Also, sc did not claim anywhere in his post that being a tr pro is automatically equivalent to being a good rts player. Afaik no tr pro has ever claimed this, and anyone that does is wrong.
No Flag jaype22
Musketeer

Post by jaype22 »

Get off your high horse mate. In 2009-2012 I barely knew you besides from your forum posts, from which I gathered you were extremely helpful albeit incompetent at the game. Since I started playing again I''ve played with you maybe 5-6 times and now I''ve come to know you as a toxic ass who contributes to the decline of the community. Maybe you did seriously try to help the community at one point. Maybe you burnt out due to zero help from admins. But as it stands right now... you have zero righteous fury dollars in your righteous fury account.

How dare you talk to messi this way, I didn''t want to react but this goes too far, you are lot more toxic for the community than he is, and it s not just hot air i have proof. Messi never insults, he never uses harsh words, and he answers to noobies with pedagogy. Even if he faces assholes he d just give up, i never saw him losing his nerves and acting like a 12yo. Also he s the one who searched a lot of details from the proto file to help treaty players. Even if it wasn''t truly significant to make better booms he helped understanding why, understanding how the game works, he killed some myths too. That was a truly amazing job, and he certainly did more than that, like moderating age com for years etc. Yall auto proclamed treaty "pros" should take a big breath, and play a bit sc2, see how it goes.You have just average good skills, and every aoe player know it, its not a competitive game, it never was, especially in treaty, you re too fool of yourselves and you take it too seriously. So please, make me a favor, YOU get off your high horse!
I hope your ass isn''t sore from all this dick riding
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

Shame dicktator already answered your post so thouroughly and politely. ?

As much as I''d love to pedantically discuss this topic, it''s an old thread and its a bit BM to talk about metis so long after the fact.

Now about the latter half of your post where you go off topic on a little rant... where the hell did that come from? ?Not only is it random, off topic, and uncalled for, it''s wrong.

A game mode is exactly as competitive as you make it. ?While many treaty players are casuals who are playing to kill time and have a laugh with friends, there are also players who spend countless hours pouring over recordings, data, etc trying to improve their game and beat their peers. ?Honestly to say TR isn''t competitive takes a giant shit on hundreds of peoples hard work pushing the meta to where it is today.

Is it SC2 level? fuck no, and no one is claiming it to be. ?But treaty does have a competitve scene and saying otherwise is ignorant and idiotic.

And no, we dont take the game mode too seriously.?
Top TR players aren''t serious enough. ?A casual top tier treaty player is a useless old fart. ?Its the serious ones that will push players to be better and advance the gamemode. ?

PS. out of curiosity i would love to see this "proof". im certainly toxic from time to time although its not a habit of mine. gimme dem screen shots boi
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

TREATY FLAME HYPE
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Did metis moderate agecom? I am almost 100% he just posted random facts on there like he does here.

To be entirely honest, in terms of contribution towards the community I am not sure metis contributes much more than the average forum user (at least, if you dont take the ear and likes to count for average). He does post a lot and keeps conversation going, but in terms of raw content and insight, it's nothing special.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:Did metis moderate agecom? I am almost 100% he just posted random facts on there like he does here.

To be entirely honest, in terms of contribution towards the community I am not sure metis contributes much more than the average forum user (at least, if you dont take the ear and likes to count for average). He does post a lot and keeps conversation going, but in terms of raw content and insight, it''s nothing special.

in terms of actual contribution about age if Empires you''re right, but he has one thing that almost no one else has, and that''s years of experience doing more stuff then probably everyone else will end up doing. While that''s not actually relevant to what they were talking about, I think older people can offer valuable insights that are impossible for younger people to have.

And whoever said he was a moderator is wrong.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

thank you metis for all your help in answering questions.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

what i would like to see are treaty tournaments that are hosted with no decks.
That way, its all based on pure skill and not mostly civilization card advantages.
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I think thats the fun of it is to pit different civs against each other, could just do mirrors.
No Flag jaype22
Musketeer

Post by jaype22 »

noissance wrote:what i would like to see are treaty tournaments that are hosted with no decks.
That way, its all based on pure skill and not mostly civilization card advantages.

That would just change the meta completely, but not lead to more balance in any way.
You wouldn''t see that in a sup tourney either
No Flag Aeten
Crossbow

Post by Aeten »

Dick thank you for politeness and thanks to enforce my point about the level of guys playing this game. Humility is necessary here. You re the best tr player but you know you re not a top rts player. Trust me a lot of the "andes bunch" seem to forget it.
I dont think Metis was in the wrong, ok his example was shitty, because it was years ago, but i mean there are several point traders in the "andes bunch" and he perfectly explained why they do it. It leads to the non competitive/no support subject. It should not exist, ppl shouldn't be able to have more than 1acc, etc etc ,all these things lead to no top players, they don't play a broken game. Sc can claim it is competitive as long as he wants it will not make it competitive :D Saying its competitive as you make it is just playing with words. Casual players can be on top, like dick, he s the best but i m sure he doesn t take the game too seriously. Anyway I just don t like to see dudes that i know they have been rude doing some random morality lessons to a guy like metis. Its just pathetic. O_o
Dragoon

Post by sc »

aeten wrote:Anyway I just don t like to see dudes that i know they have been rude doing some random morality lessons to a guy like metis. Its just pathetic. O_o
Metis isn''t above reproach. No one is. Metis made some gross generalizations and NEEDED to be called out on his bullshit. He''s also a bit hypocritical. Despite your view of a a guy who does no wrong, metis has a reputation for quitting games on a whim and has no problem wasting peoples time.

But even if metis is hypocritical, he is still allowed to call others on their bullshit. Point trading is a problem but metis went about addressing it the wrong way.

And dude I know who you are now, and for the love of god, stop pretending you have some hidden dirt on me. I was nothing but courteous to you, and you returned the favor by being a little snake
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
No Flag Aeten
Crossbow

Post by Aeten »

:D I truly don t care you know who i am, i didn t specially want to point the fact you re a very weird person, i just couldn t stand you saying bs about a helpful guy. I don t know who told you this but i played several games with him and he never left and was always polite. Am i lucky? Dont think so. Also one point, quitting a game isn t against the game policy, by quitting you losing ppl time but yours too, as well as your rank. Im talking about the game policy, not about some "moral" things you shall not do. Like in every game, it must be written somewhere that if you re leaving EVERY SINGLE game you might be banned. Its a very common rule and Metis definitely doesn t quit every games. You must see the difference
Did he generalize? yes, and you know he s right, i am not talking about notorious point traders, im saying a LOT of the andes bunch did it, so we can generalize, and Metis explained it very well, they think it isn t bad cause they "deserve" this rank... For guys who are on top of the ladder, i maintain, it shouldn't exist. Same for more than 1 acc. That s what make the game casual and approximate,. So when i see these guys taking it too seriously or insulting fair players, it makes me laugh. Btw top sup players are not above reproach either but they don t go that far.
Dragoon

Post by sc »

edit: nvm. not worth continuing this convo.