Why Microsoft (ES) do not release new patch?

Turkey iamturk
Pro Player
EWT
ESO: iamturk

Post by iamturk »

We know this game have lot of maphacks and others cheats.. We do FP's but why Microsoft do not try to fix the game?
(Sorry for my bad english)
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Microsoft is no longer interested in aoe 3.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

For a moment I thought you were a new Umeu lol
Turkey iamturk
Pro Player
EWT

Post by iamturk »

edeholland wrote:For a moment I thought you were a new Umeu lol
Lol what that mean? Then who is interesting with aoe? As i knew this is Ensemble Studios and Ensemble Stduios created by Microsoft.
No Flag alejandrote
Musketeer

Post by alejandrote »

edeholland wrote:For a moment I thought you were a new Umeu lol
For a moment I thought he was IamSoldier, then Umeu and after that I realised he is not

Microsoft doesn''t care about us. I don''t blame Bill Gates, I wouldn''t care at all if I were him.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

The game is no longer in the development stage, so it no longer receives new content and updates. AoE3 is old (10 years since initial release), making it very likely that any patch would be made at a financial loss. Microsoft is not going to waste money on a game that is not bringing in revenue.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

I'm shocked that Microsoft even knows that AOE3 exists actually.
Turkey iamturk
Pro Player
EWT

Post by iamturk »

But we have pay for this.. This game is not free, so someone should care of this.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

but why a game that was their best selling game ever has so low priority ?
No Flag likeatombomb
Crossbow

Post by likeatombomb »

I still wonder why they've never released AoE 4, the franchise has such a good reputation that it would have been easy to write black numbers with it.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

likeatombomb wrote:I still wonder why they''ve never released AoE 4, the franchise has such a good reputation that it would have been easy to write black numbers with it.

It would not. Nowadays nobody cares about strategy games.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

The last time I looked, there were 1,738,854 online accounts for AOE III, of which only a few thousand are active. Last year, Microsoft bought the rights to Minecraft for $2.5 billion dollars. Minecraft brings in about a third of a billion dollars in revenue each year. Even if AOE III sold twice as many copies as it has online accounts and each copy was sold for the full retail price, the game, over its entire lifespan, would have brought in less than Minecraft does in a single year. We are lucky that the revenue trickle AOE III brings in is enough to keep one rack of servers operational.
Turkey iamturk
Pro Player
EWT

Post by iamturk »

What we can do about that? Maybe we must send e-mail to Microsoft. Yes i mean "All of us"
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

As Metis the Skirmisher stated above, microsoft is just like any company, they prioritize profits and future expandability over supporting older games. My question is whether or not we can get another company like Game Ranger to take over this game by convincing microsoft to hand it over. That way, this game can survive longer (people already play on LAN mode on gameranger, despite the vulnerabilities/hacks).
Error 404: Signature not found
Turkey iamturk
Pro Player
EWT

Post by iamturk »

Thats making me sad...... I just want play clean game.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

metis wrote:The last time I looked, there were 1,738,854 online accounts for AOE III, of which only a few thousand are active. Last year, Microsoft bought the rights to Minecraft for $2.5 billion dollars. Minecraft brings in about a third of a billion dollars in revenue each year. Even if AOE III sold twice as many copies as it has online accounts and each copy was sold for the full retail price, the game, over its entire lifespan, would have brought in less than Minecraft does in a single year. We are lucky that the revenue trickle AOE III brings in is enough to keep one rack of servers operational.

we''re talking about one of the most succesful games there is atm though.

But really, microsoft doesnt have the goal as a gaming software developer. They revealed some virtual reality stuff related to minecraft a while ago, I think thats a hint to why they bought it. I think microsoft doesnt see a future in rts games, and thus needs no rts games like aoe to help them conquer the new hardware markets.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

jerom wrote:
metis wrote:The last time I looked, there were 1,738,854 online accounts for AOE III, of which only a few thousand are active. Last year, Microsoft bought the rights to Minecraft for $2.5 billion dollars. Minecraft brings in about a third of a billion dollars in revenue each year. Even if AOE III sold twice as many copies as it has online accounts and each copy was sold for the full retail price, the game, over its entire lifespan, would have brought in less than Minecraft does in a single year. We are lucky that the revenue trickle AOE III brings in is enough to keep one rack of servers operational.

were talking about one of the most succesful games there is atm though.

But really, microsoft doesnt have the goal as a gaming software developer. They revealed some virtual reality stuff related to minecraft a while ago, I think thats a hint to why they bought it. I think microsoft doesnt see a future in rts games, and thus needs no rts games like aoe to help them conquer the new hardware markets.
its the kids fault small interest in history and knowledge...
Germany PhalluS
Musketeer
ESO: PhalluS, rusH (DE)

Post by PhalluS »

papist wrote:The game is no longer in the development stage, so it no longer receives new content and updates. AoE3 is old (10 years since initial release), making it very likely that any patch would be made at a financial loss. Microsoft is not going to waste money on a game that is not bringing in revenue.
aoe3 is old, but aoe2 is older and there comes a new add on in the next time.