an important question about esoc fp

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

quick search
what maps do we use when we do a quick search? new esoc maps, or still old standard maps?
if the answer is the 2nd one i wont be that interested in the new fp. yes you can hold a game outside, but few will play with u if you are pr 25+. the new patch should not be created just for a few top players.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

now we host a game and play with friends. we quicksearch to get pr. if we still use old maps in quicksearch why should i install the new fp? to get pr from a friend? does h2o need pr now? (even if he need pr he wont get it from hosting games. who wanna play with him? :))
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

It's a super important question for sure.

Don't tell anyone, but this is something which is being actively discussed. I think it's a good idea to start hearing how the community feels about it.

[s]Though I'm not sure I get it 100%. Would you rather play on ESOC maps or old RE, for quicksearch?[/s] (ok i get it now)

http://strawpoll.me/5448258

Just for info, it's entirely possible for us to change the quicksearch map pool to whatever we want. So please go ahead and tell us how you think about it
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I edited your link because it links to the results and that's super annoying.

And I voted for ESOC only maps, since RE maps are just unbalanced, boring and lame.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

oops, sorry about that
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Id like to play on esoc maps + fixed re maps. Like, esoc map people + old competitive maps from fp.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Can't you give players the option to cycle between different kinds of maps?

ex: RE maps, ESOC Maps, Both.

If you chose ESOC Maps you'd only play against people who also chose ESOC Maps.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

bramboy wrote:Can''t you give players the option to cycle between different kinds of maps?

If you chose ESOC Maps you''d only play against people who also chose ESOC Maps.

We''re discussing QS here. Splitting up QS maps would be unrealistic.
Garja wrote:
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

bramboy wrote:Can''t you give players the option to cycle between different kinds of maps?

If you chose ESOC Maps you''d only play against people who also chose ESOC Maps.
splitting that is only possible if u have a large player base which we dont have ( a really larg on eactually because even on re patch it is possible to wait 10 min plus for a game in qs )
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

bump

plz vote
Garja wrote:
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Both. There are many good maps out out there and if I wouldn't be able to play the old maps aswell , the map pool would be just to little. There are many good maps out there and even if good doesn't meens balanced maps I'd think about playing FP: No Patagonia, No Mongolia, No Deccan, No Yukon, No Yucatan, No etc, No Fun. ES has done a great job to make this many maps and I don't want to miss them.
No Flag alejandrote
Musketeer

Post by alejandrote »

Please remove hispaniola and texas from standard maps and add Andes (version without river)
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Texas is fine. It requires other playstiles. Hispaniola just way to few land res and too many whales to be called balanced. Andes might be fine.
Just do Garja Maps+ES Maps.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

A mix of both kinds. All Garja's maps except Cascade Range + Yucatan, Painted Desert and perhaps New England.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Maybe the poll should be included in this page rather then in iNcog's post.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Only the brony can.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

imo there isn't a single standard map that is close to being balanced. Sag is probably the closest but it still regularly screws.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

But it is fun!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

shaolinstar wrote:A mix of both kinds. All Garja''s maps except Cascade Range + Yucatan, Painted Desert and perhaps New England.

+fixed sonora, pampas, siberia, yukon, himalayas, silk road (just the old fp map pool).

Given that there is an autoupdater, couldnt you cycle map pools of ~10 maps monthly. Even better: we could vote for 2 maps to be replaced by 2 other maps every month or two months here.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

alejandrote wrote:Please remove hispaniola and texas from standard maps and add Andes (version without river)

Since I primarily play India I love hispanola lol. With 600 starting food and an extra wood crate I can 10/10 with basically no idle tc and once they other guys eats his like 8 starting turkeys I basically just auto win.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

jerom wrote:Given that there is an autoupdater, couldnt you cycle map pools of ~10 maps monthly. Even better: we could vote for 2 maps to be replaced by 2 other maps every month or two months here.
That sounds like a game-destroying idea. The X crys because his favorite map is banned for 2 months. The A just likes the map. B hates the maps and everything is fine for him.
This idea is just not good.

~10 maps is way to little for a map pool.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

yemshi wrote:
jerom wrote:Given that there is an autoupdater, couldnt you cycle map pools of ~10 maps monthly. Even better: we could vote for 2 maps to be replaced by 2 other maps every month or two months here.
That sounds like a game-destroying idea. The X crys because his favorite map is banned for 2 months. The A just likes the map. B hates the maps and everything is fine for him.
This idea is just not good.

~10 maps is way to little for a map pool.

you can make it for quicksearch only, decrease the duration and increase the mappool. 1 month 15 maps qs only, does that sound good?

Because thats an idea Id really like. Especially if we could produce some more maps monthly.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

I do not get the reason for banning maps. I play like 85% QS and there are many others who Play QS only.
And you need to include the old RE maps into the standard maps. People hosting Standard maps at the Game Browser want to have diversity. If we'd do your system QS and Standard Maps are only jokes compared to the previous QS and Standard Maps. If you come to the point to say: Hmm, I want to play Yukon. The you'd host a Yukon game. And no one will join you, as it is on ESO. But if you see Yukon in QS you are happy and both players play the map. If you don't have Yukon in QS and Standard Maps you kind of won't be able to play Yukon. And this is why the QS and Standard Map pool should be fixed.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Let''s continue this discussion here