Which maps would you like to see in Quick Search?

ESOC Arizona
52
3%
ESOC Arkansas
78
5%
ESOC Baja California
56
4%
ESOC Bengal
61
4%
ESOC Cascade Range
43
3%
ESOC High Plains
75
5%
ESOC Hudson Bay
87
6%
ESOC Indonesia
35
2%
ESOC Kamchatka
82
5%
ESOC Manchuria
73
5%
ESOC Pampas Sierras
56
4%
ESOC Tibet
52
3%
Andes*
40
3%
Bayou*
16
1%
Borneo
17
1%
California*
19
1%
Carolina
11
1%
Deccan
33
2%
Great Lakes
18
1%
Great Plains*
54
4%
Himalayas
32
2%
Hispaniola
12
1%
Indochina
10
1%
Mongolia*
47
3%
New England*
49
3%
Northwest Territory
13
1%
Ozarks
5
0%
Painted Desert
46
3%
Pampas*
21
1%
Patagonia*
44
3%
Saguenay
32
2%
Siberia*
71
5%
Silk Road
19
1%
Sonora
17
1%
Texas
20
1%
Yellow River
21
1%
Yucatan
35
2%
Yukon*
59
4%
 
Total votes: 1511

No Flag lusas
Skirmisher
Posts: 103

10 Sep 2015, 23:38

of course all esoc maps will be in , they are less broken and more fair
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger
Posts: 3680

10 Sep 2015, 23:50

lusas wrote:of course all esoc maps will be in , they are less broken and more fair
All except Cascade Range.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
Posts: 8596
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

11 Sep 2015, 00:05

lusas wrote:when is pool close ?, i need to see the new maps 1st

lusas wrote:of course all esoc maps will be in , they are less broken and more fair

Damn, youre fast...
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"In general you shouldnt say gg before clicking resign IMO"

"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
User avatar
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah
Posts: 1845

11 Sep 2015, 14:24

shaolinstar wrote:
lusas wrote:of course all esoc maps will be in , they are less broken and more fair
All except Cascade Range.
Cascade range is isnt broken or unfair imo. I dont think Indonesia should be in though.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 14237
ESO: Jerom_

11 Sep 2015, 14:48

I hate indonesia with passion.

Judging from tourney match ups, both tibet and cascade range favor some civs really badly. For a quicksearch mappool youd want to have a ~50% winrate with your civ. If 3/15 maps are going to screw you over, I wouldnt want to play a civ that sucks really hard on those.

In other words, tibet, cascade range and indonesia arent very suitable for qs. Maps without tps just rek some civs anyways, so thats not the greatest. Otherwise germany/potentially iro, otto and ports are going to be significantly weaker on qs.
User avatar
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 5259
ESO: mr_bramboy
Location: Amsterdam

11 Sep 2015, 15:10

britishmusketeer wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:All except Cascade Range.
Cascade range is isnt broken or unfair imo. I dont think Indonesia should be in though.
The upper player spawns with one more hunt on cascade range. Also mines are really unbalanced.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
Posts: 8596
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

11 Sep 2015, 15:15

jerom wrote:I hate indonesia with passion.

Judging from tourney match ups, both tibet and cascade range favor some civs really badly. For a quicksearch mappool youd want to have a ~50% winrate with your civ. If 3/15 maps are going to screw you over, I wouldnt want to play a civ that sucks really hard on those.

In other words, tibet, cascade range and indonesia arent very suitable for qs. Maps without tps just rek some civs anyways, so thats not the greatest. Otherwise germany/potentially iro, otto and ports are going to be significantly weaker on qs.
You have a point to some extent (although Bengal should be included as well, just ahead of Tibet in that regard), but IMO Cascade Range and Indonesia are the only ones that don''t make the cut. Bengal and Tibet are relatively fair overall.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"In general you shouldnt say gg before clicking resign IMO"

"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
Posts: 8596
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

11 Sep 2015, 15:16

bramboy wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:Cascade range is isnt broken or unfair imo. I dont think Indonesia should be in though.
The upper player spawns with one more hunt on cascade range. Also mines are really unbalanced.
I doubt this is true, and if it is, I very much so doubt this is a map design decision.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"In general you shouldnt say gg before clicking resign IMO"

"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
Posts: 7489

11 Sep 2015, 15:26

I think Tibet is fine but yeah, agree about Cascade and Indo.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 14237
ESO: Jerom_

11 Sep 2015, 15:31

zoom wrote:
jerom wrote:I hate indonesia with passion.

Judging from tourney match ups, both tibet and cascade range favor some civs really badly. For a quicksearch mappool youd want to have a ~50% winrate with your civ. If 3/15 maps are going to screw you over, I wouldnt want to play a civ that sucks really hard on those.

In other words, tibet, cascade range and indonesia arent very suitable for qs. Maps without tps just rek some civs anyways, so thats not the greatest. Otherwise germany/potentially iro, otto and ports are going to be significantly weaker on qs.
You have a point to some extent (although Bengal should be included as well, just ahead of Tibet in that regard), but IMO Cascade Range and Indonesia are the only ones that dont make the cut. Bengal and Tibet are relatively fair overall.

yes, true. Havent played enough Bengal to think of that map. Wasnt that prominent in the tournement either.
No Flag alejandrote
Musketeer
Posts: 52

11 Sep 2015, 16:34

Please no Tibet or Indonesia. ''Standard'' means Standard and those are not. Borneo>Indonesia. And Manchuria is too good for asian civs specially China, reduce the number of cows please.
User avatar
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
Posts: 2276
ESO: yemshi
Location: Germany

11 Sep 2015, 16:39

Manchuria=Perfect map for ever civ.
No Flag alejandrote
Musketeer
Posts: 52

11 Sep 2015, 16:44

yemshi wrote:Manchuria=Perfect map for ever civ.
It''s ok for all civs, like every map with good hunts and tp''s. But not perfect.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
Posts: 8596
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

11 Sep 2015, 17:28

alejandrote wrote:Please no Tibet or Indonesia. Standard means Standard and those are not. Borneo>'Indonesia. And Manchuria is too good for asian civs specially China, reduce the number of cows please.
First of all nobody mentioned the word "Standard". Second of all, Tibet is more standard than half of the maps in said pool. Third of all (and really the only thing that''s of any consequence) Tibet is a competitive map with intriguing design. It would be the map that''s the most unique of all ESOC maps in the QS pool however, and therefore favors some civilizations slightly more than the others, although hardly to any great extent.

Also: Manchuria? Are you sure you''re not thinking of Mongolia??
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"In general you shouldnt say gg before clicking resign IMO"

"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
No Flag alejandrote
Musketeer
Posts: 52

11 Sep 2015, 17:33

zoom wrote:
alejandrote wrote:Please no Tibet or Indonesia. Standard means Standard and those are not. Borneo>'Indonesia. And Manchuria is too good for asian civs specially China, reduce the number of cows please.
First of all nobody mentioned the word "Standard". Second of all, Tibet is more standard than half of the maps in said pool. Third of all (and really the only thing thats of any consequence) Tibet is a competitive map with intriguing design. It would be the map thats the most unique of all ESOC maps in the QS pool however, and therefore favors some civilizations slightly more than the others, although hardly to any great extent.

Also: Manchuria? Are you sure youre not thinking of Mongolia??
Im sure I was talking about Manchuria. Of course Mongolia is more unbalanced with even more cows, tp route far from bases, random 5k coin mine spawn and bad hunts. You say Tibet is more standard than half of the maps with intriguing desing. Bit contradictory.
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 3228
ESO: n0eL

12 Sep 2015, 00:27

Tibet is the best map. Can't believe so much hate.
User avatar
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger
Posts: 4320

13 Sep 2015, 22:06

mmcnoel wrote:Tibet is the best map. Can''t believe so much hate.
How can a map which doesn''t have a guaranteed hunt be good?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag PoniPoika
Skirmisher
Posts: 154

14 Sep 2015, 04:35

ovi12 wrote:
mmcnoel wrote:Tibet is the best map. Cant believe so much hate.
How can a map which doesnt have a guaranteed hunt be good?

I would say that somewhat misrepresents tibet hunts, although they are certainly lower than elsewhere and cows are rather impprtant. People are in love with china right now though.
User avatar
Russia yurashic
Howdah
Posts: 1140
ESO: Yurashic
Location: Russia

14 Sep 2015, 12:20

ovi12 wrote:
mmcnoel wrote:Tibet is the best map. Cant believe so much hate.
How can a map which doesnt have a guaranteed hunt be good?



Correct. Even if you have a second hunt it backherds sooner or later and is very small.

The other bad thing is that your units will always get separate from the army and run on other heights doing nothing which is annoying as hell and impossible to control...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 14237
ESO: Jerom_

14 Sep 2015, 12:41

A map with so many cliffs just cant work properly. It just messes up the placement of natural resources too much.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
Posts: 8596
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

14 Sep 2015, 17:18

alejandrote wrote:
zoom wrote:First of all nobody mentioned the word "Standard". Second of all, Tibet is more standard than half of the maps in said pool. Third of all (and really the only thing thats of any consequence) Tibet is a competitive map with intriguing design. It would be the map thats the most unique of all ESOC maps in the QS pool however, and therefore favors some civilizations slightly more than the others, although hardly to any great extent.

Also: Manchuria? Are you sure youre not thinking of Mongolia??
Im sure I was talking about Manchuria. Of course Mongolia is more unbalanced with even more cows, tp route far from bases, random 5k coin mine spawn and bad hunts. You say Tibet is more standard than half of the maps with intriguing desing. Bit contradictory.
Tibet is not an average ("standard") map. Tibet is more standard than half of the maps in RE Standard Maps. Tibet also has intriguing design. I see no contradictions.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"In general you shouldnt say gg before clicking resign IMO"

"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
User avatar
Russia yurashic
Howdah
Posts: 1140
ESO: Yurashic
Location: Russia

14 Sep 2015, 21:52

zoom wrote:
alejandrote wrote:Im sure I was talking about Manchuria. Of course Mongolia is more unbalanced with even more cows, tp route far from bases, random 5k coin mine spawn and bad hunts. You say Tibet is more standard than half of the maps with intriguing desing. Bit contradictory.
Tibet is not an average ("standard") map. Tibet is more standard than half of the maps in RE Standard Maps. Tibet also has intriguing design. I see no contradictions.



Where is logic? "Tibet is a standard map but not standard".
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
Posts: 8596
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

14 Sep 2015, 22:45

Now when did I ever call Tibet a standard map? Try reading my last post one more time, please.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"In general you shouldnt say gg before clicking resign IMO"

"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer
Posts: 874

15 Sep 2015, 14:51

What a silly and pointless thread!
United States of America saveyourskill
Skirmisher
Posts: 158

15 Sep 2015, 15:03

Silk Road without treasure tps! (and maybe less tps because there is a lot)
Got Badger Milk?

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest