Personal view of Russia

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Personal view of Russia

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

zoom wrote:
diarouga wrote:Because GS doesnt want to and GS is the boss here :).
+I think H2O doesnt like russia and doesnt care if it is unbalanced but tbh, we should buff them.
The reason Russians arent being touched for the initial release is that they arent considered as bad as Dutch, Portuguese and Spanish by the team overall and ?? equally importantly ?? by the community. They are certainly one of the civilizations who suffer from the improved map balance of the patch, and I assure you are not being overlooked by the team. Potential future releases may include changes to the Russians.

The notion that the Russians are "disliked" or that the team does not care about the civilization is preposterous.
They are as bad as port and dutch :P Thats more about what the community thinks here.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Personal view of Russia

Post by zoom »

diarouga wrote:
zoom wrote:The reason Russians arent being touched for the initial release is that they arent considered as bad as Dutch, Portuguese and Spanish by the team overall and ?? equally importantly ?? by the community. They are certainly one of the civilizations who suffer from the improved map balance of the patch, and I assure you are not being overlooked by the team. Potential future releases may include changes to the Russians.

The notion that the Russians are "disliked" or that the team does not care about the civilization is preposterous.
They are as bad as port and dutch :P Thats more about what the community thinks here.
I personally think they are fairly close to Portuguese and Dutch on ESOC maps, and there is disagreement within the team as to whether this is the case or not. You are likely correct in that the community rates the civilization higher than the team as a whole does.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Personal view of Russia

Post by Garja »

Russia are on the Brit/French/Germans/China tier.
They just don't have the chronic weaknesses that Port, Spain and Dutch have.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Personal view of Russia

garja wrote:Russia are on the Brit/French/Germans/China tier.
They just don''t have the chronic weaknesses that Port, Spain and Dutch have.
Brit/fre/ger rape russia. China have hard time but they should also win.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Personal view of Russia

Post by Garja »

Let's play that.
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Personal view of Russia

Post by Jaeger »

garja wrote:Let''s play that.

@diarouga

REC PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag aufwiedersehen
Musketeer

Personal view of Russia

Post by aufwiedersehen »

ovi12 wrote:
garja wrote:Lets play that.
@diarouga

REC PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

+1
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Personal view of Russia

Post by Hazza54321 »

britishmusketeer wrote:
paul wrote:if you dont like a civ, just delete it.
+1 delete russia

arsehole.. How dare you
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Personal view of Russia

Post by Hazza54321 »

They just don''t have the chronic weaknesses that Port, Spain and Dutch have.
theres hardly any match ups russia win. they do ok vs brit dutch ports and spain but thats it
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Personal view of Russia

Post by _venox_ »

In a mirror they have a 100% winrate and 0% winrate.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Personal view of Russia

Post by momuuu »

Im not sure if the community considers Russia the weakest. You've been saying that very loudly lately (I wonder if there's an underlying reason for that), and I do value your opinion, but I'm not sure if I actually consider russia in the same tier as Dutch/Ports. I think they're somewhere in between Spain and France myself.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Personal view of Russia

Post by Garja »

hazza54321 wrote:
They just dont have the chronic weaknesses that Port, Spain and Dutch have.
theres hardly any match ups russia win. they do ok vs brit dutch ports and spain but thats it
false
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Personal view of Russia

Post by Hazza54321 »

garja wrote:
hazza54321 wrote:theres hardly any match ups russia win. they do ok vs brit dutch ports and spain but thats it
false
whats true then the mighty garja?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Personal view of Russia

Post by Garja »

They do fine vs most civs and they do actually decent vs historically OP civs (iro, aztecs, japan, india). They would even do good vs otto if it wasn't for the FF
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Personal view of Russia

garja wrote:They do fine vs most civs and they do actually decent vs historically OP civs (iro, aztecs, japan, india). They would even do good vs otto if it wasn''t for the FF
They get reky by iro/azzy/india.
They surprinsingly do well vs japan but that''s one of their best match up.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Personal view of Russia

Post by britishmusketeer »

diarouga wrote:
garja wrote:They do fine vs most civs and they do actually decent vs historically OP civs (iro, aztecs, japan, india). They would even do good vs otto if it wasnt for the FF
They get reky by iro/azzy/india.
They surprinsingly do well vs japan but thats one of their best match up.
They get rekt by iro, but they do ok vs aztec and india.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Personal view of Russia

Post by Jaeger »

garja wrote:They do fine vs most civs and they do actually decent vs historically OP civs (iro, aztecs, japan, india). They would even do good vs otto if it wasn''t for the FF
Yeah i dont see how aztec can touch russia, its either rush which i think russia can easily hold with in base bh, and past 10-11 min colonial russia just wins by default
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Personal view of Russia

Vs azzy they loose to std colo play and to FI.
How can you say that they so ok vs india lol? Vs a sepoy semi they just loose lmao.
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Personal view of Russia

Post by Einfein »

They're a fun civ, but I would never consider doing a true rush with them. I prefer just keeping the pressure up which allows the russian player to keep their 3 settler production constant. If you can keep the settlers coming without missing any batches you have a nice mini boom going, but it does take a while to take effect. They have loads of options, but many civs are just naturally stronger.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Personal view of Russia

Post by momuuu »

Doesnt russia also have a decent advantage against ports, dutch and spanish. If they also do decent against france, japan and aztec, they are a different tier than bottom tier I guess.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Personal view of Russia

Post by fei123456 »

russia can't beat india. india has 10000 ways to win.
but russia vs aztec is not that bad. aztec rush is scary but rus can defend with blockhouse, and in late colo russia has better unit combo (aztec dont have musk) and a solid eco.
iro? it's lame civ. and still russia has chance if iro make some mistakes.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Personal view of Russia

Post by Good ol Ivan »

almalek13 wrote:russia very bad at late games and i''m surprizing people say there are good somtimes I have tons of resourses and I dnt know what to do ( in mid games depends but it still weak i feel or u go many musks or will die easily) I think the general make of the civs that if they have a good rush probab have the weakest units that can''t stand i long games except otto I dnt know about Irquis...
Russia actually has a pretty staggering late game.
instant musks which build forts which mass opis which melt walls. Russia is considered OP both in treaty and DM.
So Russia is kind of a funny/unconventional civ as their strong points are colonial and imperial - but they are weak inbetween.

Problem would be pretty nice if you could semi FF and didn''t have to stick with a shitty unit composition involving 14 range skirms. Basically the only way to play russia is to force the game into late colonial, which is ok, but not really impressive.
Germany PhalluS
Musketeer
ESO: PhalluS, rusH (DE)

Personal view of Russia

Post by PhalluS »

almalek13 wrote:russia very bad at late games and i''m surprizing people say there are good somtimes I have tons of resourses and I dnt know what to do ( in mid games depends but it still weak i feel or u go many musks or will die easily) I think the general make of the civs that if they have a good rush probab have the weakest units that can''t stand i long games except otto I dnt know about Irquis...
you are serious? russia have a very powerfull lategame. the best and funniest after french i think. you have many options to win the game, oprichniki to damage your opponents eco, infantry instant spam, build forts with your musketeers.....and a strong eco (require a appropriate deck). the midgame is a problem sometimes (like french), but with good tactical moves ( mapcontrol,...) you can countervail this weakness.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Personal view of Russia

Post by evilcheadar »

phallus wrote:
almalek13 wrote:russia very bad at late games and im surprizing people say there are good somtimes I have tons of resourses and I dnt know what to do ( in mid games depends but it still weak i feel or u go many musks or will die easily) I think the general make of the civs that if they have a good rush probab have the weakest units that cant stand i long games except otto I dnt know about Irquis...
you are serious? russia have a very powerfull lategame. the best and funniest after french i think. you have many options to win the game, oprichniki to damage your opponents eco, infantry instant spam, build forts with your musketeers.....and a strong eco (require a appropriate deck). the midgame is a problem sometimes (like french), but with good tactical moves ( mapcontrol,...) you can countervail this weakness.
Lol hello.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Personal view of Russia

Post by momuuu »

phallus wrote:
almalek13 wrote:russia very bad at late games and im surprizing people say there are good somtimes I have tons of resourses and I dnt know what to do ( in mid games depends but it still weak i feel or u go many musks or will die easily) I think the general make of the civs that if they have a good rush probab have the weakest units that cant stand i long games except otto I dnt know about Irquis...

the russian treaty like lategame is strong, but sup decks dont allow that to happen tbh. Their midgame to early lategame are just poor, as strelets dont have nearly enough range to compete in fortress wars.