User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 7490
Location: USA

23 Sep 2015, 16:16

bramboy wrote:
gibson wrote:just making sure you know they were being sarcastic.....
Nope, just treaty noobs :clint:

are you sure? Im 99% sure they were bing sarcastic especially since any given treasure is significantly more insignificant in NR than rush
User avatar
United States of America evilcheadar
Jaeger
Posts: 3665
Location: USA

23 Sep 2015, 16:25

Hell, if they are already at a treasure I desire and take it then that's a pesting and an in game nub accusation from me that might also bring in sexual orientation as an insult.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
User avatar
France benj89
Howdah
Posts: 1498

23 Sep 2015, 16:50

ofc we can steal treasures. that's how the world works, you take a risk for something you consider worth the risk, you fight for it, and the deal might break at the last minute, but that's what the risk is all about here. Considering you can avoid this risk by microing your explo better than your opponent, I don't consider it unfair at all. You haven't earned a trea because you randomly walked by it, or because your explo spawned in a better position. Age1 play would be sooo boring if no trea could be stolen, I know you guys are used to play 1h15 for a game, but in the common world we tend to like 15min games and competitive stuff. Sup as well as tr are all about scarcity, and in a competitive market, people fight for each resources, and steal it from each other. Life isn't always 100% fair, and it wouldn't be enjoyable if the game was, there has to be some randomness attached to it, as long as it's a measured one
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
User avatar
Switzerland chusik
Crossbow
Posts: 46
ESO: Chusik

23 Sep 2015, 16:59

I make something clear for you "TheBritish" because you dont seem to be higher than PR15 on ESO.

Treasures are unfair in general. It takes no effort nor skill to take them since your Explorer is strong enough to easily take the treasure (not talking about the really big ones).
All you need is luck to find it first.

So why do you own that treasure now? You randomly walked around the map and by coincidence you found a treasure, so it's yours? no, both players can fight for it and both can take it.
It would be more unfair if the 2nd Player found it 2 seconds after you but mustn't take it because you were quicker lol.

AoE3 has a lot of unfair aspects, some of them might be solved with the upcoming FP.

greets
Legends say he's still laming bombards :hmm: :hmm:
[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/YqhHh[/imgur]
User avatar
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer
Posts: 584

23 Sep 2015, 17:03

sc wrote:wow wtf sup players steal treasures?? lmao just another reason treaty is better than sup. in treaty everyone knows that when you find a treasure, its YOURS. you spent the time and APM scouting the treasure, you EARNED it. if anyone stole a treasure from me i would probably quit (idc about PR, only honor) pest the guy that stole from me, and then make 5 password protected chat rooms telling everyone about the BM. incredible that the sup community is still figuring stuff out after all these years
We''re not figuring stuff out, we''re playing the game how it''s meant.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 01
Posts: 467

23 Sep 2015, 17:07

lmao :D discussion about stealing treasure? wuahahahahahahaha.. better 1 gets it and done.. and to answer they were sarcastic ofc
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13576
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

23 Sep 2015, 17:10

If you observe the opponents explorer and path, you can sometimes predict him finding a treasure that you have already scouted. That way, you can pay attention to it, and once you see the guards moving, get your explorer in position to steal it, but out of los of the enemy. I actually think better players steal more treasures on average. You just have to be a little sneaky. Also, if you see the explorer somewhere across the map, or notice he picked up a treasure across the map, its less risky to try to go for a big treasure. In the end, there are a lot of little tricks you can abuse to get the edge in the treasure wars.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
United States of America Papist
ESOC Community Team
Donator 03
Posts: 2316
ESO: Papist

23 Sep 2015, 17:13

Treasures don't belong to you until you pick them up. They are labelled "Mother Nature" for a reason. If you are really going to complain because you are too slow to get treasures, then you should really play something else.
My first post, circa March 2015 :blush:
Papist wrote:@frycookofdoom. WTF are you talking about? There is no need for AoE to become a StarCraft rip-off. I sincerly doubt a historical game would attract the science fiction crowd anyways.
United States of America sc
Dragoon
Posts: 323
ESO: _ZOMBIE_
Location: MN, USA

23 Sep 2015, 17:21

benj89 wrote:ofc we can steal treasures. that''s how the world works, you take a risk for something you consider worth the risk, you fight for it, and the deal might break at the last minute, but that''s what the risk is all about here. Considering you can avoid this risk by microing your explo better than your opponent, I don''t consider it unfair at all. You haven''t earned a trea because you randomly walked by it, or because your explo spawned in a better position. Age1 play would be sooo boring if no trea could be stolen, I know you guys are used to play 1h15 for a game, but in the common world we tend to like 15min games and competitive stuff. Sup as well as tr are all about scarcity, and in a competitive market, people fight for each resources, and steal it from each other. Life isn''t always 100% fair, and it wouldn''t be enjoyable if the game was, there has to be some randomness attached to it, as long as it''s a measured one



dude if you start stealing peoples treasures where does it end?? soon you will have people making cav in "nr55 Infantry Only" games, or people will start trying to destroy your fb instead of fighting heads up armies only.

i think if sup players implemented a first come first serve rule for treasures, the overall quality of life would improve for sup players in general. if you arent worried about having your treasure stolen, you can focuson MICRO which is what this game is all about.
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13576
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

23 Sep 2015, 17:24

sc wrote:
benj89 wrote:ofc we can steal treasures. thats how the world works, you take a risk for something you consider worth the risk, you fight for it, and the deal might break at the last minute, but thats what the risk is all about here. Considering you can avoid this risk by microing your explo better than your opponent, I dont consider it unfair at all. You havent earned a trea because you randomly walked by it, or because your explo spawned in a better position. Age1 play would be sooo boring if no trea could be stolen, I know you guys are used to play 1h15 for a game, but in the common world we tend to like 15min games and competitive stuff. Sup as well as tr are all about scarcity, and in a competitive market, people fight for each resources, and steal it from each other. Life isnt always 100% fair, and it wouldnt be enjoyable if the game was, there has to be some randomness attached to it, as long as its a measured one

dude if you start stealing peoples treasures where does it end?? soon you will have people making cav in "nr55 Infantry Only" games, or people will start trying to destroy your fb instead of fighting heads up armies only.

i think if sup players implemented a first come first serve rule for treasures, the overall quality of life would improve for sup players in general. if you arent worried about having your treasure stolen, you can focuson MICRO which is what this game is all about.

this sarcasm is 9/10. The reference to sup players in tr vs sup argument was top notch.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 01
Posts: 467

23 Sep 2015, 17:26

and thebeitish doesnt get the sarcasm
User avatar
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah
Posts: 1845

23 Sep 2015, 17:33

lmao
User avatar
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
Posts: 1089
ESO: ivanelterrible

23 Sep 2015, 17:47

It really sucks when your explorer has 20~ HP after fighting the guardians, then the enemy explorer arrives, kills your explorer, and takes the 140 wood treasure :(

Naw you guys are obv right, treasures are unfair in the first place :P
User avatar
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
Posts: 272
ESO: Maxinator_99
Location: Dresden

23 Sep 2015, 17:57

sc wrote:
benj89 wrote:ofc we can steal treasures. thats how the world works, you take a risk for something you consider worth the risk, you fight for it, and the deal might break at the last minute, but thats what the risk is all about here. Considering you can avoid this risk by microing your explo better than your opponent, I dont consider it unfair at all. You havent earned a trea because you randomly walked by it, or because your explo spawned in a better position. Age1 play would be sooo boring if no trea could be stolen, I know you guys are used to play 1h15 for a game, but in the common world we tend to like 15min games and competitive stuff. Sup as well as tr are all about scarcity, and in a competitive market, people fight for each resources, and steal it from each other. Life isnt always 100% fair, and it wouldnt be enjoyable if the game was, there has to be some randomness attached to it, as long as its a measured one

dude if you start stealing peoples treasures where does it end?? soon you will have people making cav in "nr55 Infantry Only" games, or people will start trying to destroy your fb instead of fighting heads up armies only.

i think if sup players implemented a first come first serve rule for treasures, the overall quality of life would improve for sup players in general. if you arent worried about having your treasure stolen, you can focuson MICRO which is what this game is all about.
What?
So youre basically saying that a treasure is yours once you see it, and that its not fair when someone destroys your barracks and stables instead of your army?
Well surprise then... Thats how most of the game works (cutting off resources and reinforcements...)
Ain't no skills in makin' vills :twisted:
User avatar
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
Posts: 272
ESO: Maxinator_99
Location: Dresden

23 Sep 2015, 18:02

thebritish wrote:
gibson wrote:No lol. Your saying that whoever find a any treasure first should just get it, when fighting over things is a critical part of the game. Is at also unfair when your opponent raids your hunts, or destroys your houses?
lol, so you are saying you would accept to play a game against aggressive opponent who is going to rush and he gets 140 food and you lose your explorer.


[spoiler]{Spoiler}
Its already a gg anyway[/spoiler]
So are you saying that it is already unfair when you play against India 10/10 or Russia, and they rush you hard? Doesnt make any sense to me, because thats how the Civs work...
Ain't no skills in makin' vills :twisted:
User avatar
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger
Posts: 3781

23 Sep 2015, 18:13

chusik wrote:I make something clear for you "TheBritish" because you dont seem to be higher than PR15 on ESO.

Treasures are unfair in general. It takes no effort nor skill to take them since your Explorer is strong enough to easily take the treasure (not talking about the really big ones).
All you need is luck to find it first.

So why do you own that treasure now? You randomly walked around the map and by coincidence you found a treasure, so it''s yours? no, both players can fight for it and both can take it.
It would be more unfair if the 2nd Player found it 2 seconds after you but mustn''t take it because you were quicker lol.

AoE3 has a lot of unfair aspects, some of them might be solved with the upcoming FP.

greets

lol, who said if both fight for it

I said if p1 fight for it and then p2 just takes it.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2730
ESO: edeholland
Location: Not ede
GameRanger Id: 4053888

23 Sep 2015, 18:14

thebritish wrote:
chusik wrote:I make something clear for you "TheBritish" because you dont seem to be higher than PR15 on ESO.

Treasures are unfair in general. It takes no effort nor skill to take them since your Explorer is strong enough to easily take the treasure (not talking about the really big ones).
All you need is luck to find it first.

So why do you own that treasure now? You randomly walked around the map and by coincidence you found a treasure, so its yours? no, both players can fight for it and both can take it.
It would be more unfair if the 2nd Player found it 2 seconds after you but mustnt take it because you were quicker lol.

AoE3 has a lot of unfair aspects, some of them might be solved with the upcoming FP.

greets

lol, who said if both fight for it

I said if p1 fight for it and then p2 just takes it.



Yeah thats fair
Whiteboards are remarkable
Not living in Ede
--- h2o Rip ---
In the beginning ESOC was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
User avatar
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah
Posts: 1845

23 Sep 2015, 18:28

thebritish wrote:
chusik wrote:I make something clear for you "TheBritish" because you dont seem to be higher than PR15 on ESO.

Treasures are unfair in general. It takes no effort nor skill to take them since your Explorer is strong enough to easily take the treasure (not talking about the really big ones).
All you need is luck to find it first.

So why do you own that treasure now? You randomly walked around the map and by coincidence you found a treasure, so its yours? no, both players can fight for it and both can take it.
It would be more unfair if the 2nd Player found it 2 seconds after you but mustnt take it because you were quicker lol.

AoE3 has a lot of unfair aspects, some of them might be solved with the upcoming FP.

greets

lol, who said if both fight for it

I said if p1 fight for it and then p2 just takes it.
p1 should not only fight for it but also make sure he is next to the treasure when the last guardian is dead.
User avatar
Sweden cramper
Skirmisher
Posts: 136

23 Sep 2015, 18:32

is it unfair to push somebody of hunts and mines to because they were there first ? its a warzone^^
User avatar
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger
Posts: 3781

23 Sep 2015, 18:35

cramper wrote:is it unfair to push somebody of hunts and mines to because they were there first ? its a warzone^^
nigga, dont change the topic
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
User avatar
Sweden cramper
Skirmisher
Posts: 136

23 Sep 2015, 18:55

thebritish wrote:
cramper wrote:is it unfair to push somebody of hunts and mines to because they were there first ? its a warzone^^
nigga, dont change the topic
No its you missing the point and the relevancy of your own thread, yet being pointed out dozens of times, aoe isnt completly fair dawg specially regarding tres, just part of the game.
User avatar
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger
Posts: 3781

23 Sep 2015, 19:01

cramper wrote:
thebritish wrote:nigga, dont change the topic
No its you missing the point and the relevancy of your own thread, yet being pointed out dozens of times, aoe isnt completly fair dawg specially regarding tres, just part of the game.
you are talking about hunts.

-do they attack back the villagers and hurting you when you attack them??

No, right?

-When you try to get a treasure, you are losing your explorers health and its not very good experience if you lose your explorer and the treasure to a random noob (yes, noob)who just lays on the back of others
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
User avatar
United States of America evilcheadar
Jaeger
Posts: 3665
Location: USA

23 Sep 2015, 19:05

You are exploring the new world and subjugating other colonies and native peoples. Goddamn everything is up for grabs.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
User avatar
Sweden cramper
Skirmisher
Posts: 136

23 Sep 2015, 19:24

thebritish wrote:
cramper wrote:No its you missing the point and the relevancy of your own thread, yet being pointed out dozens of times, aoe isnt completly fair dawg specially regarding tres, just part of the game.
you are talking about hunts.

-do they attack back the villagers and hurting you when you attack them??

No, right?

-When you try to get a treasure, you are losing your explorers health and its not very good experience if you lose your explorer and the treasure to a random noob (yes, noob)who just lays on the back of others
You still dont get it ,not even gonna reply to the top or ur answer becuase i have no arguments for jibberish specially when your trying to make a "valid" point of it, like you say yourself "when you try get a treasure" already here the gamble is up in most cases unless its in a spot ur opponent simply cant contest by the time being.

So randomly going for tres ur opponent likely have scouted or might have, unless knowing where ur opponent x/scout is always somewhat of a gamble. Sometime u cant really know, sometimes ur forced to try anyways, sometimes perfectly fine knowing ur gonna get it. That being said it sucks ofc for everyone losing something u worked on hard, but to prevent it increase ur map awarness instead and get a hold on what ur opponent is doing/working on before making a shot if its big tres.

OR just leave all tres and stay 400 hp :)
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTDonator 03
Posts: 2935
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger Id: 346407

23 Sep 2015, 19:45

Well, I didn't read everything, but people are crazy if they say treasures are really so imbalanced that they really determine the outcome of the game :P

Treasuring is a skill too, and it's not as random as people think. The person who gets the most or best treasures is usually the player with the better, less redundant, scouting pattern, and understands the map better than the opponent (as treasures will often spawn in the same or similar locations on a lot of maps).

Likewise, being able to win a fight over a treasure is a skill too, same as being able to escape from the enemy explorer if they try to take the opportunity to kill yours. A good player shouldn't lose because of these things. I don't think it's *usually* unfair (unless it's 10% infantry hp or something else permanent. Why does this treasure even exist?), and actually adds more depth to the game if anything.

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fei123456 and 1 guest