Getting enemy's treasure's

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

mitoe wrote:Well, I didn''t read everything, but people are crazy if they say treasures are really so imbalanced that they really determine the outcome of the game :P

Treasuring is a skill too, and it''s not as random as people think. The person who gets the most or best treasures is usually the player with the better, less redundant, scouting pattern, and understands the map better than the opponent (as treasures will often spawn in the same or similar locations on a lot of maps).

Likewise, being able to win a fight over a treasure is a skill too, same as being able to escape from the enemy explorer if they try to take the opportunity to kill yours. A good player shouldn''t lose because of these things. I don''t think it''s *usually* unfair (unless it''s 10% infantry hp or something else permanent. Why does this treasure even exist?), and actually adds more depth to the game if anything.
there is one treasure with +5 pop.
imagine you fight for it and lose your explorer, and your enemy gets the treasure and saves 100 wood for housing and gets a tp.
by all of this your opponent already have unfair advantage over you which means you will probably lose the game unless your micro is great.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Post by glorious_ »

annoying af but not really unfair because u could do it too...
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

then your thread shouldn't be about fighting over a tres, but about the fairness of some tres
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

benj89 wrote:then your thread shouldn''t be about fighting over a tres, but about the fairness of some tres
one think is if he gets a good treasure, but you are still able to get a treasure+scout him and another is to lose the

treasure+the explorer=the game
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Why would you even go for that treasure? It's terrible, especially considering the amount of work you have to put in for the equivalent of 50 wood (which, by the way, you can't acquire before you have to build a house). And even barring that catastrophic start to a game, I really doubt it's over so easily. Besides, if you need to concede a treasure occasionally because you'll die if you don't, you probably should. You can go find other treasures.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

rarely anybody goes for 17 vills anyway and 15 free pop from the start is enough anyway.

And by the time you age up you will be able to build 2 houses+market and if you have aged with 400 wood you can build 2 barracks too.
And then when you start making military (musk ex.) you can build 1-2 more houses and leave 3-4 vills on wood only.

By this time you would have already gotten 2 home city shipments because of the tp and with your explrer you have probably scouted with what he aged.
he unforunately had a dead explorer and no scouting.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

I think your overestimating the power of treasures a bit, haha.

Also, I meant that it's practically impossible to kill all the guardians and take that treasure in time to save the wood for a house.

...And most civs age with ~16 vills? Right?
Sweden cramper
Skirmisher

Post by cramper »

mitoe wrote:Well, I didn''t read everything, but people are crazy if they say treasures are really so imbalanced that they really determine the outcome of the game :P

Treasuring is a skill too, and it''s not as random as people think. The person who gets the most or best treasures is usually the player with the better, less redundant, scouting pattern, and understands the map better than the opponent (as treasures will often spawn in the same or similar locations on a lot of maps).

Likewise, being able to win a fight over a treasure is a skill too, same as being able to escape from the enemy explorer if they try to take the opportunity to kill yours. A good player shouldn''t lose because of these things. I don''t think it''s *usually* unfair (unless it''s 10% infantry hp or something else permanent. Why does this treasure even exist?), and actually adds more depth to the game if anything.
couldnt agree more, tho there is some tres that are to imba , cdb spawn in base great lakes=free pickup 1 min happens to often and like mega exp tres on sonora with 4 raiders also frequently appear in base etc
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

cramper wrote:
mitoe wrote:Well, I didnt read everything, but people are crazy if they say treasures are really so imbalanced that they really determine the outcome of the game :P

Treasuring is a skill too, and its not as random as people think. The person who gets the most or best treasures is usually the player with the better, less redundant, scouting pattern, and understands the map better than the opponent (as treasures will often spawn in the same or similar locations on a lot of maps).

Likewise, being able to win a fight over a treasure is a skill too, same as being able to escape from the enemy explorer if they try to take the opportunity to kill yours. A good player shouldnt lose because of these things. I dont think its *usually* unfair (unless its 10% infantry hp or something else permanent. Why does this treasure even exist?), and actually adds more depth to the game if anything.
couldnt agree more, tho there is some tres that are to imba , cdb spawn in base great lakes=free pickup 1 min happens to often and like mega exp tres on sonora with 4 raiders also frequently appear in base etc
Thats more of a map issue than a treasure issue I think. :S
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

In treaty it's worth it to get the +5 pop boost
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

In treaty it's worth it to get the +5 pop boost
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

thebritish wrote:
benj89 wrote:then your thread shouldnt be about fighting over a tres, but about the fairness of some tres
one think is if he gets a good treasure, but you are still able to get a treasure+scout him and another is to lose the

yea and if you lose the trea + ur explo its because you took a risk to get an advantage and you lost + you werent able to scout he was nearby. If you expected him to be nearby and really wanted it you could have shot, stay around, come back later and be patient. In the end you lost trea+scout because you were stupid if anything.

And there is no such treasure that make you lose the game, unless you go for the 320xp or such trea then you are a fool because the risk is too high age1
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

for +5 pop space you have 3 wolves or 3 monkeys.
counting the one monkey you ussually get for free if you play with euro civ you will kill one monkey with sharpshooters attack and fight on the end probably against one monkey with your explorer because your monkey will get killed from other two monkeys.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

benj89 wrote:
thebritish wrote:one think is if he gets a good treasure, but you are still able to get a treasure+scout him and another is to lose the

yea and if you lose the trea + ur explo its because you took a risk to get an advantage and you lost + you werent able to scout he was nearby. If you expected him to be nearby and really wanted it you could have shot, stay around, come back later and be patient. In the end you lost trea+scout because you were stupid if anything.

And there is no such treasure that make you lose the game, unless you go for the 320xp or such trea then you are a fool because the risk is too high age1
there are 3 wolves which will get -300 hp from your explorer before you get the treasure and imagine if he kills your explorer (attacks you while you aer attacking the last guardian)
No Flag aufwiedersehen
Musketeer

Post by aufwiedersehen »

thebritish wrote:
benj89 wrote:yea and if you lose the trea + ur explo its because you took a risk to get an advantage and you lost + you werent able to scout he was nearby. If you expected him to be nearby and really wanted it you could have shot, stay around, come back later and be patient. In the end you lost trea+scout because you were stupid if anything.?

there are 3 wolves which will get -300 hp from your explorer before you get the treasure and imagine if ?he kills your explorer (attacks you while you aer attacking the last guardian)

No offense but its part of the game. There is one solution play or 10s ot delete ape3
Sweden cramper
Skirmisher

Post by cramper »

mitoe wrote:
cramper wrote:couldnt agree more, tho there is some tres that are to imba , cdb spawn in base great lakes=free pickup 1 min happens to often and like mega exp tres on sonora with 4 raiders also frequently appear in base etc
Thats more of a map issue than a treasure issue I think. :S
yeah your right about that,esoc patch gogogo! :P
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

if you can't micro a 3 wolf trea don't be retarded and don't take it, period?
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

again we come back to the same point, any decent player shouldn't lose more than 30hp vs a 3 wolf (115hp) trea. So if anything, you lose 30 hp and the trea, nothing big there. you just failed to scout he was around, and you took the risk by yourself, it's 100% your fault
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Not that it's really relevant, but it's actually 3 tigers. :P Which are actually quite strong.
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

Stealing treasure is one of the funnest aspects of the early game for me. Getting the other player's explorer low on hit points while then taking the treasure and giving myself a double advantage over them. Normally my treasures don't get sniped, though I try and do it to other players when possible. That said, when someone does manage to take mine I don't get angry, I usually congratulate them and make sure I start paying more attention in that game.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

2500 years ago ancient chinese tribes fight with many "polite" rules as you said. but after that there're "are of war", and we use tricks and cruelty in wars instead of polite and civilize. war is war, if you dont love this, delete age 3 and watch my little pony: you know equestia girls 3: friendship games is coming soon.
anyway it's not his treasure. it's mother nature's. so never feel guilty.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

paul wrote:2500 years ago ancient chinese tribes fight with many "polite" rules as you said. but after that there''re "are of war", and we use tricks and cruelty in wars instead of polite and civilize. war is war, if you dont love this, delete age 3 and watch my little pony: you know equestia girls 3: friendship games is coming soon.
anyway it''s not his treasure. it''s mother nature''s. so never feel guilty.
+1

As far as I''m concerned it doesn''t belong to you until you have gathered it, whether it be resources or treasures. If you had a claim on every treasure you scouted, what the fuck would be the point of the age 1 treasuring?
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

if i fight for it, its mine!

why he need to steal it?
if he wanted to get it, he should have come early and fight for it, right?
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

Wow this thread has revealed the Sodom and Gomorrah that is the sup community. Unless everyones trolling, the implications of this thread lead me to believe that this community is on par with LoL. For those of you not familiar with LoL, tons of assholes steal buffs, don't ward for their carries, and sometimes they counter jungle enemy wraith camps etc. Just awful immoral behavior.

When i see people so casually talking about taking a treasure that isn't theirs.... smh.

This community is going to hell.

PS. are there any clans out there dedicated to fairplay? i'm looking to bolster their members
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

thebritish wrote:if i fight for it, its mine!
What makes you think that?