Getting enemy's treasure's

No Flag 360noob
Crossbow

Post by 360noob »

Its fair both you and your opponent have the opportunity to steal the treasure or wait until someone goes for it first then come in for the steal. Its part of the game just because you saw it first doesn't mean youre entitled to it. If you can't handle losing treasures i hear farmville is just the perfect game for ya.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

360noob wrote:farmville is just the perfect game for ya.
i find that offensive
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

thebritish wrote:
360noob wrote:farmville is just the perfect game for ya.
i find that offensive
You should get your life priorities straight if you genuinely get offended by game recommendations.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

ivan wrote:
thebritish wrote:i find that offensive
You should get your life priorities straight if you genuinely get offended by game recommendations.
umm, keep you mouth shut for game recommendations

[spoiler]{Spoiler}
do i need to repeat myself?[/spoiler]
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

thebritish wrote:
ivan wrote:You should get your life priorities straight if you genuinely get offended by game recommendations.

[spoiler]{Spoiler}
No, you need to stop spamming.
And hey thats comming from me.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

ivan wrote:
thebritish wrote:umm, keep you mouth shut for game recommendations

[spoiler]{Spoiler}
No, you need to stop spamming.
i didnt asked him to recommend me a game, right?

-That means that he should not recommend me any games.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

thebritish wrote:
ivan wrote:No, you need to stop spamming.
i didnt asked him to recommend me a game, right?

No one asked you to post here, right?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

ivan wrote:
thebritish wrote:i didnt asked him to recommend me a game, right?

No one asked you to post here, right?
i dont need to ask for anyones permission
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

gibson wrote:
papist wrote:I am using logic.First come, first serve. He picks up first, its his.
good try but I fear its hopeless....
I always that thought that hope dies at last :happytomato:
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
No Flag mamapapaisop
Skirmisher

Post by mamapapaisop »

So if i find 90 wood and have low hp explorer i can shoot the guardian 1 time (not with crackshot) and go away till my explorer can crackshot again and has enough hp for the second guardian its still my treasure? I think in treaty its ok if its hm but in sup definetly not lol
Switzerland chusik
Crossbow
ESO: Chusik

Post by chusik »

benj89 wrote:
thebritish wrote:because if i fight for it, it is mine!
he cant just come and take it for free.
.[spoiler]{Spoiler}
use logic[/spoiler]
so if you fight for a girl, is she yours because you saw her first? if you fight for a job position, do you deserve it more than someone else who saw the announcement after you? seems like you still havent figured out some important life lessons. I would like to give you credit for your logic, but even if I wanted to: property law and economic theories still dont agree with your intellectual superiority :s
how would he? hes just 12 years old
Legends say he's still laming bombards :hmm: :hmm:
[imgur][/imgur]
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

mitoe wrote:Well, I didn''t read everything, but people are crazy if they say treasures are really so imbalanced that they really determine the outcome of the game :P

Treasuring is a skill too, and it''s not as random as people think. The person who gets the most or best treasures is usually the player with the better, less redundant, scouting pattern, and understands the map better than the opponent (as treasures will often spawn in the same or similar locations on a lot of maps).

Likewise, being able to win a fight over a treasure is a skill too, same as being able to escape from the enemy explorer if they try to take the opportunity to kill yours. A good player shouldn''t lose because of these things. I don''t think it''s *usually* unfair (unless it''s 10% infantry hp or something else permanent. Why does this treasure even exist?), and actually adds more depth to the game if anything.
"The person who gets the most or best treasures is usually the player with the better, less redundant, scouting pattern, and understands the map better than the opponent"

lol
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

princeofkabul wrote:
mitoe wrote:Well, I didnt read everything, but people are crazy if they say treasures are really so imbalanced that they really determine the outcome of the game :P

Treasuring is a skill too, and its not as random as people think. The person who gets the most or best treasures is usually the player with the better, less redundant, scouting pattern, and understands the map better than the opponent (as treasures will often spawn in the same or similar locations on a lot of maps).

Likewise, being able to win a fight over a treasure is a skill too, same as being able to escape from the enemy explorer if they try to take the opportunity to kill yours. A good player shouldnt lose because of these things. I dont think its *usually* unfair (unless its 10% infantry hp or something else permanent. Why does this treasure even exist?), and actually adds more depth to the game if anything.
"The person who gets the most or best treasures is usually the player with the better, less redundant, scouting pattern, and understands the map better than the opponent"

lol

its kinda true, except that on most maps (standard ones anyway) i know where the livestock usually spawns, i also know where most op tres usually spawns. nonetheless, they dont always spawn there, and often u go to those place and there is nothing or just some useless stuff. so when both players understand the map good enough to make no difference anymore, then its no longer the scouting pattern that makes the difference, its just luck.

like getting the middle tp on gp, its just whoever spawns the closest to it, and not who has the most effecient right click into the middle =_= if 140f spawns just outside of your base, then the only reason your opponent would get it is actually if he has a really retarded scouting pattern and beehives to your base hoping to contest whatever he might find. this should only kinda work as sioux or perhaps civs with a 2nd scout.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

This theory works in some extent in garja maps, but in standards...
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

thebritish wrote:
ivan wrote:You should get your life priorities straight if you genuinely get offended by game recommendations.

[spoiler]{Spoiler}
Hey, he was just giving advice, not need to react this way.

It seems like we (almost everybody responding here) and thebritish just have a difference of opinion, no need to get mad about it.

And btw, thebritish, please dont think you are the only one using logic, thats just sad.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

princeofkabul wrote:This theory works in some extent in garja maps, but in standards...
not sure what u mean? most standard maps have patterns as well.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

thebritish wrote:
mitoe wrote:Well, I didnt read everything, but people are crazy if they say treasures are really so imbalanced that they really determine the outcome of the game :P

Treasuring is a skill too, and its not as random as people think. The person who gets the most or best treasures is usually the player with the better, less redundant, scouting pattern, and understands the map better than the opponent (as treasures will often spawn in the same or similar locations on a lot of maps).

Likewise, being able to win a fight over a treasure is a skill too, same as being able to escape from the enemy explorer if they try to take the opportunity to kill yours. A good player shouldnt lose because of these things. I dont think its *usually* unfair (unless its 10% infantry hp or something else permanent. Why does this treasure even exist?), and actually adds more depth to the game if anything.
there is one treasure with +5 pop.
imagine you fight for it and lose your explorer, and your enemy gets the treasure and saves 100 wood for housing and gets a tp.
by all of this your opponent already have unfair advantage over you which means you will probably lose the game unless your micro is great.
So i could just use another example with the same text and you would realise how stupid this is:

there is a 10v10 musk fight
imagine you fight it and lose your 10 musks and your enemy gets xp and saves time for getting shipments and gets his military shipment earlier
by all of this your opponent already has a unfair advantage over you which means you will probably lose the game unless your micro is great
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

wuangaga wrote:
thebritish wrote:there is one treasure with +5 pop.
imagine you fight for it and lose your explorer, and your enemy gets the treasure and saves 100 wood for housing and gets a tp.
by all of this your opponent already have unfair advantage over you which means you will probably lose the game unless your micro is great.
So i could just use another example with the same text and you would realise how stupid this is:

imagine you fight it and lose your 10 musks and your enemy gets xp and saves time for getting shipments and gets his military shipment earlier
by all of this your opponent already has a unfair advantage over you which means you will probably lose the game unless your micro is great
this is already ingame fight based on micro and luck.
this isnt connected with the treasures in anyway.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

thebritish wrote:
wuangaga wrote:So i could just use another example with the same text and you would realise how stupid this is:

this is already ingame fight based on micro and luck.
this isnt connected with the treasures in anyway.
fighting over the treasure also a ingame fight based on micro and luck, thats the thing you dont get