how to improve APM

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

how to improve APM

Post by Kaiserklein »

diarouga wrote:In every rts, even more on sc2, positioning and amoove is often the best thing to do.
And btw, I don''t see why german would require more micro than japan^^. Both only require positioning+a clic.
I can''t see how you can win as german by only attack moving with skirm/cav or skirm/ww against musk/cav compositions
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

how to improve APM

Post by adderbrain5 »

illmatic wrote:damn shots fired
[ lol
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

how to improve APM

Post by adderbrain5 »

einfein wrote:The highest rank I''ve ever reached in this game was Brigadier and that was back in nilla/TWC days. The biggest difference in my play now verse then is my speed (or lack there of) aka APM. I played lots of minor flash games that involved lots of precise clicking in order to train my APM. Back then I played often and was very fast when it came to multitasking etc. I also had very little game knowledge back then and relied almost entirely on my micro to win games and needed to win them early or a loss was almost guaranteed. My macro was truly horrible. Because of this I know that having a higher APM can certainly help you win lots of games, but the players I lost to back then usually beat me with strategy and planning. They had strong build orders, a deeper understanding of the game and just made better decisions over all. Sure, some were also faster then me, but I realized that at a certain level just knowing when to do one thing at the right time is better then doing four things at a less then optimal time.

A high APM is always going to be beneficial, but I don''t think it eclipses a player who understands what to do and when precisely to do it. That being said, if you''re a strong player AND have a high APM you''re probably going to be a beast.

+1 very intelligent and informative post unlike most of what i been reading today, thx and gj
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

how to improve APM

Post by momuuu »

Ok I was playing around with mouse settings and mouse accuracy and noticed something weird: The distance travelled on the screen doesn't necessarily match the distance you moved your mouse. This apperantly has to do with your pc calculating something as mouse acceleration, and messing with the output valued of your mouse. I did what this site told me to do, and instantly noticed a big difference. I haven't even tested it out in a flash game, but this feels infinitely more consistent, so much more consistent that I couldn't help but posting about it right away. Here's the link: http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.nl/2010 ... n-fix.html
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

how to improve APM

Post by Garja »

you gotta disable default mouse acceleration for gaming
Image Image Image
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

how to improve APM

Post by _H2O »

Put the mouse driver on tick 6 and deselect enhanced pointer precision. It makes a world of difference to how well your inputs are handled from the mouse! That one matters a LOT
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

how to improve APM

Post by momuuu »

Somehow disabling enhanced pointer precision decreased the accuracy of my mouse. Not sure why. But that link made things much better. It appears my brain has been wired for the mouse accelaration though, which is most evident when it comes to the larger distances. I could blame this for my complete inability to actually focus fire on a unit rather than a blur of units lol.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

how to improve APM

Post by Garja »

Ye you need to get used to that first but then it's a lot better.
In general whenever you change something in your mouse settings it may take days before you get used to that.
Image Image Image
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

how to improve APM

Post by adderbrain5 »

jerom wrote:Ok I was playing around with mouse settings and mouse accuracy and noticed something weird: The distance travelled on the screen doesn''t necessarily match the distance you moved your mouse. This apperantly has to do with your pc calculating something as mouse acceleration, and messing with the output valued of your mouse. I did what this site told me to do, and instantly noticed a big difference. I haven''t even tested it out in a flash game, but this feels infinitely more consistent, so much more consistent that I couldn''t help but posting about it right away. Here''s the link: http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.nl/2010 ... n-fix.html
that link by the way contains a file that is a virus
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

how to improve APM

Post by momuuu »

garja wrote:Ye you need to get used to that first but then it''s a lot better.
In general whenever you change something in your mouse settings it may take days before you get used to that.
no it wasn''t about getting used to it in my case. I did actual measurements that seemed to imply a large inconsistency in cursor movement when moving the mouse at varying speeds.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

how to improve APM

Post by Garja »

ye with acceleration that is, without acceleration you don't have inconsistencies unless your mouse is flawed
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

how to improve APM

Post by Jaeger »

h2o wrote:Put the mouse driver on tick 6 and deselect enhanced pointer precision. It makes a world of difference to how well your inputs are handled from the mouse! That one matters a LOT
what is the enhanced pointer precision supposed to do? I just disabled it and the only difference i feel (not having played aoe yet) is that it feels a little more sensitive
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

how to improve APM

Post by momuuu »

It seems to somehow mess with the mouse output.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

how to improve APM

Post by Jaeger »

jerom wrote:It seems to somehow mess with the mouse output.
never seemed to have problems with the mouse not doing what im telling it to do, i guess ill see when eso is back up
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

how to improve APM

Post by Jaeger »

actually now I see the difference, I can't click on anything anymore accurately and it's making me feel slightly sick XD
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

how to improve APM

Post by momuuu »

I used what's in that link and that seemed to make the biggest difference. Ive never felt so accurate.

For example, in that disk minigame I went from 30-50 to 80-100 in just 1 hour getting used to it.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

how to improve APM

Post by Jaeger »

h2o wrote:Put the mouse driver on tick 6 and deselect enhanced pointer precision. It makes a world of difference to how well your inputs are handled from the mouse! That one matters a LOT

Counting 6 ticks starting with tick 1 at position zero or one?

I hope this turns out better in the end I''m not looking forward to sucking so much until i get used to this XD
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

how to improve APM

Post by Kaiserklein »

I can't dl that thing, it is considered as a virus by my comp
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

how to improve APM

Post by momuuu »

ovi12 wrote:
Counting 6 ticks starting with tick 1 at position zero or one?

I hope this turns out better in the end Im not looking forward to sucking so much until i get used to this XD

Id go for 5-7 tics and then take the one you are used to tbh. It took me 30 minutes of playing that disk flash game to get used to it like that. Theres one option that adapts the disk per second to something that suits your tempo and goes on infinitely which is much more useful than the standard mode (which honestly is just way too fast for me).
France iNcog
Ninja

how to improve APM

Post by iNcog »

It's tick 6/11.

Super important not to have mouse acceleration on. You can't click shit if you don't.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

how to improve APM

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

kaiserklein wrote:
diarouga wrote:In every rts, even more on sc2, positioning and amoove is often the best thing to do.
And btw, I dont see why german would require more micro than japan^^. Both only require positioning+a clic.
I cant see how you can win as german by only attack moving with skirm/cav or skirm/ww against musk/cav compositions
Well not against musk/huss, but vs skirm goons with skirm/uhlans you just a clic while your opponent has to.micro super hard.
And when Im talking about micro, I mean spliting, backing hurt units etc, hit and run vs musk/huss is only a clic and back.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

how to improve APM

Post by Mimsy for President »

[strike]5th[/strike] 6th* tick via Windows.

Now with your mouse software :
- select a dpi between 1800-2600.
- polling rate : 250Hz or 500Hz (125Hz sucks and 1kHz may require too much CPU power)
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

how to improve APM

Post by Garja »

6th tick (the one in the middle). The right DPI is totally dependant on your monitor resolution and your personal preference. Also some gaming mice have 1000hz polling rate.
Image Image Image
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

how to improve APM

Post by Mimsy for President »

1000Hz = 1kHz
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

how to improve APM

Post by Garja »