Failed To Join

No Flag shadowz16
Crossbow

Failed To Join

Post by shadowz16 »

Hello, i am having trouble joining games it says "Failed to join game" i have googled it and found nothing that worked i am running on windows 8 pls get back to me by message or post here thanks!!
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Failed To Join

Post by Mimsy for President »

Neuron shared a tutorial HERE
No Flag alexandre7
Crossbow

Failed To Join

Post by alexandre7 »

In my case it happens only with certain users and it always happens with those users. I pinged some of them and they said they had bad (slow) connection. For most other games, I am able to join easily. I wonder if this message comes when your connection with the other player 'times out' ...
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Failed To Join

Post by Jaeger »

This used to happen 95% of my games too' i tried port forwarding and other stuff but nothing really worked, I only fixed the problem when i switched internet companies and router but i think just switching the router would work too.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

Failed To Join

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

I always got this error since 6 years. I never changed router but position where i connect yes and provider yes. I am pretty sure is my pc configuration. I mean my card. I am gonna try now to follow the explanations inside that link ... but it is pretty strange! Now i cannot really join one of the rooms!!
It's crazy!
France iNcog
Ninja

Failed To Join

Post by iNcog »

try to give your computer a static IP

find your router

i do it by typing 192.168.1.1 into my web browser

then i mess around with those settings
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

Failed To Join

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

Guys thanks a lot i messed around with settings until now ... it's impossible the program doesn't allow me in the rooms now. I wish an expert could take care of this perfectly...
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Failed To Join

Post by Jaeger »

Now that you say this I'm sure it's your router, some routers are just really notorious for giving trouble when trying to connect to games, for example the grey motorola router. Maybe you can try to get your internet provider to give you a new router, or just buy one.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

Failed To Join

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

This is crazy ... I have put down all the defenses of my computer the thing is that I am connected to interet through a netgear that connectes to the main router via wifi .. connection is VERY strong and stable but I cannot set ports of one router or the other only on my computer i can ... and it is not enough of course because it will never be effective. Provider router doesn't give access (nor show Port forwarding settings)

my router NEtgear doesn't show anything neither...

I am getting pissed off because the community is alive I have few time to play and rooms are available but i cannot solve this shit problem.
It was the same problem in another city with the same PC but at the time I had XP professional. When i opened the doors there it was working a little better. Here is anotherstory... my pc goes through cable to a wifi router line extender to the main router ... and both PORT FORWARDING are not available. They have not been created as setttings on these routers.. I will give them a call.

TO NETGEAR AND my provider...

Now i Have WINDOWS 7 ... i don't really know what to do. Who did this game ? What the hell... now is unbearable. It's not my provider ... it's more things summed together.

----- now i have just updated the firmware of the netgear extender router... let's see...
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

Failed To Join

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

Of course LAN? ... yes my lan ip address of course i have it... my main router doesn't allow to edit the port forwarding. now i just used a fixed ip settning by going on windows and setting it. But if my provider keeps me dynamic... it's not worth it.

Yes i went in my main router too like you say ...
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

Failed To Join

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

I have tried with UAC yes but windows antivirus .... ? They can only do the help for money technical service is a joke! I understand people must have a job but come on. So I find out myself here it is...

To do it I have to pay. My provider doesn't offer help for getting into the setting mode without paying. Incredible... I won't pay I will find the way on my own.

My ip is already static.

Is it correct like this ?
(i understand it is not enough it I have a router in the middle wich I must open from here too with other rules)
WHAT IS AN OVERRIDE OF IP that is explained in the second link below ? Can you explain me please ?

Again and again I tried with all the things Windows firewall down, windows defender down, private antivirus firewall software down, creating ports on my router for my ip, nothing!!!!

Even with the file User.cfg it doesn't work I can see probably i don't position it in the right place but that option doesn't work.
I opened the doors. The rooms do not open. I do not know what to do.
Really after 2006 when I bought this game no solutions found! This is really a shit situation.
-------------------------------------------------
In the mean while here other ISSUE walk through:
http://www.ageofempires.com/Forums/yaf_ ... tions.aspx

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/907880

Here too very interesting. http://www.ageofempires.com/Forums/yaf_ ... x#post1162
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Failed To Join

Post by Marco1698 »

Simply you should open Eso ports which make you able to join to the games. Eso ports are: 2300 until 2310 Tcp-Udp 80 protocol. I had this problem when i started to play online, but i fixed it just opening eso and firewall ports
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

Failed To Join

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

Romania, i just checked today is the lowest digital divided affected country in the world (CHECK ON OOKLA.COM database), average connection bandwidth given, and I tell this to people who read us, is the highest in the WORLD at same level with JAPAN! Beside this Romania is very similar to Italy but it's rate of investment and development cannot be put at the same level of a country like Italy that has been and is until today (Parliament is voting a law that could change everything - in 2 words is giving a lot of power to actions and who is elected and less power to INFINITE talks and everybody) a country were we talk a lot and investors and professionals know what to do but few things happen because we lose energy in many ways (bureaucracy, corruptions, mafias, wrong laws, taxation).

I am moving tonight to another provider to move to 20 mbps for the same price forever.

Back to TOPIC:
Answer 2 - you are right I need to be connected via cable directly but the connection is not close in my case, I need 40 meters.
I am actually connected via electricity at the moment you know those Dlink hardwares that doubles the connection...
So now I have changed the connection not anymore like before: PC cable router wifi Router TELECOM LINE .
My house is built like this so it is difficult to connect with a computer directly.

Answer 2: to Marco1698
Eso ports doesn't mean anything. ESO doesn't exist on the computer and if it does, then you need to explain how to find it.
Protocol cannot be changed it is either 6 or 17 and only the port can't be changed. It looks somebody doesn't know what he's talking about. This is or me or you Marco 1698. Sorry but I like to be clear and understand. This is about playing or not playing it's not about Art.

FACT 1: Sunday night my Router burned.
I have done this by playing with the doors or a bolt from a thunderstorm on sunday burn in my router from Telecom so now I had to buy another one even if tonight i am changing to a broader band and I will have a new router from the new ISP (the best rated for price and also performance in my region) ... whatever.

I discovered another thing! It can change everything:
NOT ONLY traffic to AGE III must be allowed Agey.exe but also to the Patcher(y) must be allowed! The patcher exe loads everytime we access ESO servers. So I think that if we do not unblock also this it can create problems!
I always didn't read this because by routine or reading not well the Microsoft Troubleshooting it didn't come out from the text clearly as a solution...

...More:
I understand the story about the Static ip but we do not have static IP unless we have a Business corporate contracts.
In the settings to be changed there is UpnP ok, that I don't know how to change on Win7 (I know instead on XP).

After all this I don't know if this game will work, because a Phase one of trys was put in place for 3 days until sunday, until I lost access to the internet, therefor the silence on the forums ... anyway I am really upset but still neutral with my mood.
I own it since 2006 and I managed to play somehow anyway, but it did not always work. Anyway this is the only problem I have with games and computers, I don't have others.

I can understand this can be given by the fact I can't change the settings or I don't do it correctly. But there is nobody now that uses Windows 7, has a shit computer configuration like me, he has all the 3 games installed Age III WC and TAD, that is connected via router and that can tell clearly WHAT TO DO on Operating System, on Firewalls, on Game Folders, on Router settings ?

It's incredible, with a thousand community player environment nobody really knows, this instead makes me doubtful on human evolution and interest to share solution, because I am sure somebody knows and knows how to write explain. Will you help more ?

Anyway I am deeply grateful for the help so far!
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

Failed To Join

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

Nobody has a real answer to this actually, I understand.
If I update the computer the new operating system or settings might not be compatible with Age. (tried to play age on another computer or a XP PRO pc and it doesn't work).

So the solution really looks difficult. I actually have to try now if it works since I've opened the doors on a DLINK router I have changed now and I haven't so far checked the functioning or not of the game online rooms.
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

Failed To Join

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

I solved the problem. I cannot say what I did. Mainly I changed router and opened the interested doors with that. Then I did the same for windows.
I noted this: the Antivirusinternet protection software that I ve installed in my computer even if it is a basic protection is so strong that blocks the game. Once I suspend it it works.

Of course I might be vulnerable if I did not had other protections and tracing option open but I suggest for those who want to solve this horrible issue I managed to solve with a lot of work, to work, dear guys, on more paths not just on the router one, or on windows firewall exceptions.

You need a thorough work (on settings mentioned above in the previous posts) to make AGE III access the internet.

One thing that mostly gets unchecked is as I suggested above the AGEPATCHER.exe program that must be insert in the exceptions too. Don't forget.
It was since 2006 I could not open all the rooms and now this is possible. So it is easy to play and not annoying.

Ciao! Have fun.

In honor of this I won a game with a player I never met before with which we did a team game against a clan other two players. OH YEAH
Enjoy the day
ight!

Tomahawk
No Flag InomUs
Crossbow

Failed To Join

Post by InomUs »

@ _Tomahawk_
Were you unable to connect to ESO at all or you just couldn't host/join games?
France iNcog
Ninja

Failed To Join

Post by iNcog »

gratz tomahawk

i know your pain
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

Failed To Join

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

Problem recame in. And as today is again there.

If found out just now why. Solving a problem is a way to become expert of something. My router switched my IPv4 : I have now another address. That's why the rule about the ports open was not valid anymore !
Plus ... avast free antivirus and firewall was to heavy. I took it out totally from my computer ... but this is another story.

By the way, I just found out your last 2 messages. It's nice you know to see somebody reads and writes a message. It's really boring.
Anyway I believe now that I am going to relaunch the game in 1 minute after i finish writing this post it will work. It's the router that switched the ip of my computer and so the rule was not valid anymore.

@inornus ... yes could not join any game that is always been the problem. Conntecting... after 8 seconds .. failed to join game.
But I believe i just found out why it happened AGAIN after I solved.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Failed To Join

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah that makes sense. You can set a static IP in your PC's network settings so that it never changes, google "how to static IP" for step by step guides.
No Flag _Tomahawk_
Crossbow

Failed To Join

Post by _Tomahawk_ »

God Speed to you.