Why are there so many hackers?

France ramex12
Skirmisher

Post by ramex12 »

Hi.
I haven't played aoe in month, and I just decided to come play some qs games, and the first player I go against just bugs the game with lag as soon as he sees he is in a bad situation and when he is lost he just bugs the game completely somehow.
I don't know what to do and I think these players just kill the game. Due to that I simply don't want to play anymore, it's really sad.
That's all I wanted to share.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Wait for the FP.
I think the back door from where the hacks can be used will be closed.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
France ramex12
Skirmisher

Post by ramex12 »

I don't think so. It's not even a real hack (even tho there are real hackers) he just lags the game and you can't do anything about it
No Flag hadeskerbecs
Crossbow

Post by hadeskerbecs »

it is indeed verry frustrating. also the many OOS users. For example i played a 3 vs 3 today and "liveleaker" made the game go OOS.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Don't play quick search
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

It's very simple: It's easy to do, and punishment is between highly and extremely unlikely.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

[ol type="decimal"][li]The game is old, people have had more time to learn more about it.[/li][li]Many mods, fan-patches and UIs have been made, people know the inner workings of the game better.[/li][li]The game is very lightly moderated and for long stretches maybe not at all.[/li][li]A few have become bored with playing the game it so they entertain themselves by hacking.[/li][li]New players see hackers go unpunished and think that this is a good way to increase their pixel points.[/li][li]Some want the game to go away because they relish in decreasing the enjoyment of others.[/li][/ol]
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Because for some reason people disrespect you if you are a lower rank.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag lumpo
Crossbow

Post by lumpo »

So frustrating really kills the game, Biggest losers with no lives do this kind of shit dont see any satisfaction from cheating in anything
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

It's not surprising that so many people are cheating when there is very little oversight from Microsoft, and the hacks are available nonlinear. Franckd and his fellow pussies have even been making money selling their lazerbear hacks to the community.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

Post by illmatic »

papist wrote:It''s not surprising that so many people are cheating when there is very little oversight from Microsoft, and the hacks are available nonlinear. Franckd and his fellow pussies have even been making money selling their lazerbear hacks to the community.

lmao who would buy that shit.
I never brag how real I keep it, cause it's the best secret
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

It's interesting that a search on "cheat" brings up only 2342 posts on the Old Agecomm and "hack" only 1290. Cheating is maybe not so terribly rampant as we might think. I think we just tend to dwell on that one instance of cheating more than we do the hundreds of games we played where no cheating occurred.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I havent been cheated on since I started playing again.

Maybe people dont like cheating in unrated games :)
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

The hacks are being sold for around 15-20$, so far as i am informed.
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

I have played a lot of games and never been cheated on to my knowledge. It is true that some people cheat but they seem fairly easy to avoid if you do not play on qs
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

People who cheat can be blocked from the FP so we should offer a safe place to QS :)
France ramex12
Skirmisher

Post by ramex12 »

That's nice that we will can block them, but still I feel there are so many of them, it's very frustrating. I don't understand, why do they do that? what kind of way is this to spend your time lol...
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

h2o wrote:People who cheat can be blocked from the FP so we should offer a safe place to QS :)
Will this fp be able to find those who maphack?
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

ramex12 wrote:That''s nice that we will can block them, but still I feel there are so many of them, it''s very frustrating. I don''t understand, why do they do that? what kind of way is this to spend your time lol...
Some people enjoy winning, no matter what techniques they must employ to do so. If they have to shell out 20 bucks for a hack, it is worth it for them.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

metis wrote:Why are there so many hackers?

[ol type="decimal"][li]The game is old, people have had more time to learn more about it.[/li][li]Many mods, fan-patches and UIs have been made, people know the inner workings of the game better.[/li][li]The game is very lightly moderated and for long stretches maybe not at all.[/li][li]A few have become bored with playing the game it so they entertain themselves by hacking.[/li][li]New players see hackers go unpunished and think that this is a good way to increase their pixel points.[/li][li]Some want the game to go away because they relish in decreasing the enjoyment of others.[/li][/ol]
7. Being a FAG
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

metis wrote:Why are there so many hackers?

Number three basically sums up the situation. Cheaters have no incentive to stop doing what they''re doing. Some people seem to require supervision, but it remains a mystery to me as to why this is the case. Having a moral compass can be an enjoyable thing in life.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

u either die a noob or live long enough to see yourself become a hacker
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish