100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 20

India _DB_
Howdah

Killing scout/explorer with TC fire

Post by _DB_ »

Is it worth it to invest some free idle villager gather time to kill a lame scout in 2 shots or kill a low HP explorer?

Here I'm supposing the common situation when you're in age 1 and your enemy scout or any low HP unit is quite close to your TC.

imo it is good to do this especially in case of scouts because you're simply allowing them to not scout you and sometimes stealth mode scouting wins game to your enemy.

Add your statement to support your opinion.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag 360noob
Crossbow

Post by 360noob »

If the explorer is low health then its definately worth it to snipe it. Obviously its not worth it if the explorer is at high health. For scouts its always good to snipe it. Eliminate pesky scout with snare and stealth ability. Could also be game changing specially in mirror. Knowledge is power
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Yeah I think it's worth it.

It's also worth garrisoning 10 villagers to kill enemy units, I believe.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

If you are playing Indians for example and you have to do everything perfectly to age up as soon as possible, I personally wouldn't. Otherwise yeah, it's worth it.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

It depends on the circumstances. If Your enemy is in your base with a small number of low-siege units, then by all means snipe it, especially if it is a Chinese or Aztec explorer. But if your opponent has a bunch of units about to kill your tc, you should focus on the other units, as the explorer is more of a nuisance than a big damage-dealer.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

Most games that I lose often come down to losing my explorer or scout early, often over a treasure fight etc. Going forward I am not able to scout my opponent and even though they might be playing a very standard approach I can't know this for sure. Because of this I always try to eliminate any low hp enemy explorer/scout if I get the opportunity. One of the big features of most competitive RTS games is the fog of war. Having vision across as much of the map as possible is often key to winning. Depriving a player of their ability to scout early can be a huge blow to them initially and can pay off later.

If it's low on hp then yes, always take a few seconds to kill a low hp explorer or scout.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Depends on if you're doing a fast industrial or not. If so, kill it.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Worth it if you have already started aging or if you are playing against Germany or something else that badly needs the explorer alive.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

incog wrote:Yeah I think it''s worth it.

It''s also worth garrisoning 10 villagers to kill enemy units, I believe.

No it depends on the unit you snipe. Sometimes 8 are better than 10
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

bramboy wrote:Depends on if you''re doing a fast industrial or not. If so, kill it.
This is some quality advice.

Killing explorer is probably worth it. Not only does it rip his explorer but also gives you 45 xp which compensates for the lost villager seconds. Killing an envoy on the other hand, probably not worth it.