Hardest civs to play?

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Hardest civs to play?

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Definitely Dutch. It's so hard to hold any pressure in colonial..
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Hardest civs to play?

Post by Jaeger »

diarouga wrote:Imo

Hardest: Azzy

Hard: China/japan/port/india

Quite hard: Dutch/brit/spain

Easy: Ger/fre/iro/russia

Broken:Sioux/otto
btw I think Quite hard means harder than just hard. Why is port hard? You pretty much can''t/don''t do anything until mamelukes come and after that if you do enough damage it''s just like playing any other fortress civ
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Hardest civs to play?

Post by Jaeger »

bramboy wrote:Definitely Dutch. It''s so hard to hold any pressure in colonial..
If you do everything fast you should be ok I think, you just have to build everything really close and save your mm at 1 hp as much as posible until you have your skirms out. The additional bank xp will help A LOT because I think you will get bank wagon 700w almost back to back every time
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Hardest civs to play?

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

ovi12 wrote:

Rather hard: Dutch/brit/spain

btw I think Quite hard means harder than just hard. Why is port hard? You pretty much cant/dont do anything until mamelukes come and after that if you do enough damage its just like playing any other fortress civ
Because you have to def hard, your mam timing wont win the game, and then you have 50v and no food/no gold and you cant spam.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Hardest civs to play?

Post by Good ol Ivan »

diarouga wrote:You have to def, go hold a musk/huss or an iro/azzy/russian rush, that''s super hard.
Yeah I suppose forcing China into colo makes things complicated for China (pretty much impossible vs Otto and Iro), but only half of the civs can do that and Chinese fort is pretty easy to lame. Idk, I would put china at middle. Imho knowing what to do as, say, India, is more complicated.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Hardest civs to play?

Post by mongobillione »

diarouga wrote:You have to def, go hold a musk/huss or an iro/azzy/russian rush, that''s super hard.
yea when u decide to ff and some douchebag (diarouga) plays french ages with 13 vills and spam huss and musk nonstop u can either give ip or hope on a mistake by him.. if that doesnt happen u die
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Hardest civs to play?

Post by Jaeger »

ivan wrote:
diarouga wrote:You have to def, go hold a musk/huss or an iro/azzy/russian rush, thats super hard.
Yeah I suppose forcing China into colo makes things complicated for China (pretty much impossible vs Otto and Iro), but only half of the civs can do that and Chinese fort is pretty easy to lame. Idk, I would put china at middle. Imho knowing what to do as, say, India, is more complicated.
The problem is, you have to defend witouth going colo, because then you autolose or if you do some sort of semi you significantly lower your chances of winning.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Hardest civs to play?

Post by Mitoe »

Hardest civs to play and hardest civs to play well may be different.

India
Japan
China
British
Aztec
Iroquois
Dutch
German
French
Spain
Sioux
Russia
Ottoman

And I CBA to rate Portugal because they're so turtly and boring.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Hardest civs to play?

Post by mongobillione »

aztec i think have a huge amoung of taxtics even more than brits imo so i think thwy are not that hard to play u just have to choose well :)
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hardest civs to play?

ivan wrote:
diarouga wrote:You have to def, go hold a musk/huss or an iro/azzy/russian rush, thats super hard.
Every civs will try to damage you in colonial, and thats not easy to defend.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hardest civs to play?

mnogobillione wrote:
yea when u decide to ff and some douchebag (diarouga) plays french ages with 13 vills and spam huss and musk nonstop u can either give ip or hope on a mistake by him.. if that doesnt happen u die
Oh are you Oliwia?
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Hardest civs to play?

Post by Good ol Ivan »

ovi12 wrote:
ivan wrote:Yeah I suppose forcing China into colo makes things complicated for China (pretty much impossible vs Otto and Iro), but only half of the civs can do that and Chinese fort is pretty easy to lame. Idk, I would put china at middle. Imho knowing what to do as, say, India, is more complicated.
The problem is, you have to defend witouth[url=" title="Click to Continue]by name"> going[img]http://cdncache1-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png"][/url] colo, because then you autolose or if you do some sort of semi you significantly lower your chances of winning.
Perhaps Im wrong, but I always thought of Chinas colo as suboptimal, but not exactly an autolose...
Either way, their fort is too easy, and age 2 is complicated only against certain civs: and even so as China I rarely struggle in the "Damn, what do I do next" dilemma. For example, against Iros I just click the resign button.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Hardest civs to play?

Post by mongobillione »

yea thats me.. i was so noob i scoutes fb so late..but ur rush was awesome so eco heavy and still poerful
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Hardest civs to play?

Post by Jaeger »

ivan wrote:
ovi12 wrote:The problem is, you have to defend witouth[url=" title="Click to Continue]by name">' going[img]http://cdncache1-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png"][/url] colo, because then you autolose or if you do some sort of semi you significantly lower your chances of winning.
Perhaps Im wrong, but I always thought of Chinas colo as suboptimal, but not exactly an autolose...
Either way, their fort is too easy, and age 2 is complicated only against certain civs: and even so as China I rarely struggle in the "Damn, what do I do next" dilemma. For example, against Iros I just click the resign button.
Well I cant think of any civ which loses to chinas colonial
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hardest civs to play?

mnogobillione wrote:yea thats me.. i was so noob i scoutes fb so late..but ur rush was awesome so eco heavy and still poerful
Yeah that''s exactly the kind of situation where you can see that china is definitely not as easy as some may think.
Lol, 5musk/5huss in your town at 5min30 haha, that was so lame.
The thing is that most civs are missplayed vs china, when I played china I saw so many fre going semi 5huss without even raiding and then complaining about the MU...
India _DB_
Howdah

Hardest civs to play?

Post by _DB_ »

rather hard: Dutch/brit/spain

Agreed.

Just that I would put Russia and Germany on rather hard.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Hardest civs to play?

Post by Good ol Ivan »

Russia is a weak civ but there's pretty much just one way to play it lol.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hardest civs to play?

Yeah russia is easy to play.
Ger is controversial but you're basically semi ffing every games so. I could have put them on rather hard yeah but I'm not sure they're harder than iro.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Hardest civs to play?

Post by fei123456 »

sioux not that easy. their bo is simple, but you need good sense and enough experience to catch your opponent's weakness. "knowing what should i do now" is extremely important to a sioux player. you have bad eco so you can't make mistake.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hardest civs to play?

Yep but you know what you have to do lol, mass brs and raid with 2 groups, that's not that hard lol.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Hardest civs to play?

Post by zoom »

I would hike Aztecs and Russians a few positions each. Otherwise I think OP a fairly good assessment.
No Flag jaype22
Musketeer

Hardest civs to play?

Post by jaype22 »

Aztecs, also idk why people think japan is hard
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Hardest civs to play?

Post by zoom »

Because there are a lot of things to do and little margin for error.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Hardest civs to play?

Post by Aizamk »

mitoe wrote:Hardest civs to play and hardest civs to play well may be different.

India
Japan
China
British
Aztec
Iroquois
Dutch
German
French
Spain
Sioux
Russia
Ottoman

And I CBA to rate Portugal because they''re so turtly and boring.

:''( poor ports and their turtly boringness.
oranges.
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Hardest civs to play?

Post by samwise12 »

Imo brit, jap and port have the highest skill cap, making them the hardest to play.