Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Re: Treaty 40 patch suggestions thread

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:Leave the japanese cannons unchanged

Why would you? They're awful vs other artillery and do barely counter infantry masses.

They are quite cheap and use only 4 pop. They are still better than SeigeElephant. Well, this is just my opinion. Japan is op, this is why making flaming arrows stronger looks a little weird to me. Of course, making some other changes to japanese units and homecity cards may make strengthening the canons reasonable. Just need to test, test and test
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:Leave the japanese cannons unchanged

Why would you? They're awful vs other artillery and do barely counter infantry masses.

They are quite cheap and use only 4 pop. They are still better than SeigeElephant. Well, this is just my opinion. Japan is op, this is why making flaming arrows stronger looks a little weird to me. Of course, making some other changes to japanese units and homecity cards may make strengthening the canons reasonable. Just need to test, test and test

The only reason yumi/ashi/naginata doesn't beat any other civ is because flaming arrows are so bad and japan gets rekt by musk/cannon. Siege elephants have to be buffed, same for flaming arrows but at the same time ashi/yumi has to be nerfed somehow cause if Japan loses their weakness to artillery they will overrun most civs.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

ocemilky wrote:Hey guys!

Since hearing about the esoc patch, in my spare time I have been having thoughts for more balance to treaty 40. Would be super keen on what tr players on this forum think. I have implemented about half of the changes I have been discussing with several other players and we have been having a play around. Take a look at the notes if you are interested:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17Hg ... sp=sharing

That being said, this isn't actually going to be a patch. This is just me with a couple of close tr buddies just having a thought fart on tr balance and trying out something different. Haven't quite had the time for a comment on the context of some big changes but most of them are self explanatory.

Could you update the file with the changes you have made so far?
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

We haven't done a ton of changes since this was posted, we have all been rather busy
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Release a beta version of the patch. The more testers the better.
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

As much as i would love to its not my place, that would be milkys ground
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

_NiceKING_ wrote:Any updates?

Did some testing like 1-2 weeks ago. It's still going really slowly for two reasons. We have been experiencing problems with OOS and real life has been keeping people busy.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

dicktator_ wrote:

Did some testing like 1-2 weeks ago. It's still going really slowly for two reasons. We have been experiencing problems with OOS and real life has been keeping people busy.

why not to release a beta vesrion? If more players test it, it will go faster.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

dicktator_ wrote:

Take as much time as you need, don't rush it please.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain Panmaster
Skirmisher

Post by Panmaster »

Just get rid of the unique Japanese 10 unit queue upgrade to halve their unit production.
Maybe replace their Portuguese consulate with a crappy one like Ottomans or Britain to put their consulate more in line with China and India.
TAD AI Reference Guide
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Panmaster wrote:Just get rid of the unique Japanese 10 unit queue upgrade to halve their unit production.
Maybe replace their Portuguese consulate with a crappy one like Ottomans or Britain to put their consulate more in line with China and India.

What is wrong with Ports consulate? India has it too
Great Britain Panmaster
Skirmisher

Post by Panmaster »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
Panmaster wrote:Just get rid of the unique Japanese 10 unit queue upgrade to halve their unit production.

What is wrong with Ports consulate? India has it too

I thought you wanted to weaken Japan. All their consulate alliance are too good: Portuguese, Dutch, Spanish, isolation.
India has the Ottomans which are rubbish only giving 4 settlers and an LOS bonus. How fair is that compared to an arsenal, church and bank from the Dutch?
TAD AI Reference Guide
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Japan is on a high level actualyl one of the worse civs. the The problem is that they have really op attributes (e.g strong military, 125 army pop), but are also really weak in other points (e.g. dependent on daimyos, horrible artillery, not really flexible).
Tweaking around japan takes time and also lots of practice games
r]
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Japan's only problems are their ridiculous ability to run at your walls and spam 10 morutarus in 5 seconds and their weakness to artillery. Nothing else is broken, not their consulate abilities or training in batches of 10 (you actually need that since you only get 3 daymios max).
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Lower damiyo HP?
Error 404: Signature not found
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Better decrease their training time of units
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Japan's only problems are their ridiculous ability to run at your walls and spam 10 morutarus in 5 seconds and their weakness to artillery. Nothing else is broken, not their consulate abilities or training in batches of 10 (you actually need that since you only get 3 daymios max).

Totaly agree. Dissable the morutarus training ability for Shougun and stop all Daimo's from training units within the 1st TC area of the enemy and Japan are fine. And yeah, might have to do something about their weakness to art.
Bavaria swedenpaul
Crossbow

Post by swedenpaul »

Hey there,

I read most of the your posts here, so that in the future, I will try to take part in the discussion, as it seems to be really interesting to bring a bit of balance into treaty.

One thing I found genious was charlemagens last post saying damyos shouldn't be able to train units inside the TCs "no build range" as you may call it.
Great idea!

Also I'd like to know whether there is an updated version of the changelog atm?

Cheers, Swedenpaul (Vinnare)
"If you want a perfectly balanced game, play chess." - Metis
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

swedenpaul wrote:Hey there,

I read most of the your posts here, so that in the future, I will try to take part in the discussion, as it seems to be really interesting to bring a bit of balance into treaty.

One thing I found genious was charlemagens last post saying damyos shouldn't be able to train units inside the TCs "no build range" as you may call it.
Great idea!

Also I'd like to know whether there is an updated version of the changelog atm?

Cheers, Swedenpaul (Vinnare)

umm...this thread is old. There is a new one. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5283