Hispan turkeys don't work on shrines

No Flag ra0ulduke
Crossbow

Hispan turkeys don't work on shrines

Post by ra0ulduke »

I've noticed that the turkeys on Hispaniola are bugged on shrines, when you build one near turkeys and click on the shrine it says "Current Animals: 0". I have just tested it and one completely un-upgraded shrine beside 4 turkeys on Bayou gives 23 resources per minute, the same shrine on Hispaniola beside 4 turkeys gives 6 res per minute (there are some turkeys by TC that are not bugged but all the rest are).

Its a pretty big nerf but Japan can go sea and do pretty good regardless since they are a strong civ and bear in mind your opponent will also be limited by shitty herds so maybe its not too bad, also the choke point is easily walled.

So if it comes up in standard maps, you guys think its worth asking for a rehost?

I think to be completely fair you should, but you may have got lucky in other areas with match up or if its quick search might as well just play.
No Flag ra0ulduke
Crossbow

Re: Hispan turkeys don't work on shrines

Post by ra0ulduke »

Also lots of berries on Hispan of course so might actually be decent overall for japan, what do you think?
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

No, even with the berry bushes it's actually terrible for Japan unless you go water.
If I'm not mistaken it only works for the turkeys nearby the Toshogu shrine.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

Hispaniola turkeys don't move at all, so they just don't work at shrines since they don't go there to "gather". Hispaniola is like the worst shit map of them all which makes you either do a hard rush or a hard sea boom. I'd just recommend using the FP for some real maps.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

fucking lazy turkeys
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Just go kynesie and win.
No Flag ra0ulduke
Crossbow

Post by ra0ulduke »

I don't mind Hispaniola sometimes, apart from this Japan glitch. The turkeys are few but usually pretty balanced for both sides, and the huge mines might actually make some of those mine upgrade cards viable, and I just like to sea boom, AARRR its a pirates life for me.

Historically, Hispaniola (now Haiti) became a haven for pirates, it started when some European sailors who had settled there began selling pig meat jerky to passing ships then eventually decided robbing those ships might be more fun and became pirates, they were known as Buccaneers (from a native word for flame grilling meat).