Restarting AoE3

No Flag -PhoEniX-
Crossbow

Restarting AoE3

Post by -PhoEniX- »

Hi guys!
I am about to restart playing AoE3 after 3 years; I'm very exited :-) Could you please tell me
-What is the most commonly played package nowadays, vanilla, TWC or TAD?
-What kind of "extra" patch should I download? I remember that there was something like a "fan patch 1.2" back then to fix the lack of microsoft bringing out new balance fixes. But then I also noticed that there is another patch on this website. Which one should I get and isn't it still a problem that the community, small as it is, is by that divided up into nilla vs. TAD vs. TAD with extra patch users?
-Is it hard to still finde games?

Thank you and hello :-)
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Re: Restarting AoE3

Post by thebritish »

Hi!
Welcome back.
1. Players mostly play TAd and nilla (nobody plays on TWC)
2.You should download EP Patch, definitely..
3. Depends on your timezone, tho you can easily find games on qs if you are ms+
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Hi and welcome -PhoEniX- ;)
1) TAD is by far the most popular. TWC is completely empty.
2) Here is the link for the ESOC patch.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-TThZ4HMOZCZWNhRVJCLUs2cEE&usp=drive_web&ddrp=1&tid=0B-TThZ4HMOZCRFNleVRicWRRWWM
If you have any issue regarding the patch, check this link http://eso-community.net/viewforum.php?f=110
3) It will be even easier now the Winter Tournament has started :)
No Flag -PhoEniX-
Crossbow

Post by -PhoEniX- »

Thank you guys!
"3. Depends on your timezone, tho you can easily find games on qs if you are ms+" => What is ms+ ? :-D

And so the old fanpatch is dead, 50% play on that esoc patch and 50% play unpatched?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

If you are from Europe, you will probably get games easily, but if you arent you could be free when all in Europe are busy (work, school, etc), and then the number of plays online drops and it is signically harder to find games.
ms is master sergeant (PR17+)
That means that if are PR17 and you quick search with the normal 7 PR difference, you can fight anyone up to PR24, because rarely anyone below ms plays qs and if you are lets say PR10, you can fight anyone who is qs searching and is below PR17.. If you need more answers, just ask me ;)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Welcome bois!
No Flag -PhoEniX-
Crossbow

Post by -PhoEniX- »

And so the old fanpatch is dead, 50% play on that esoc patch and 50% play unpatched?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

-PhoEniX- wrote:

I guess its about that 1st lt plus. Maybe more like 40/60?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

-PhoEniX- wrote:
And so the old fan patch is dead, 50% play on that esoc patch and 50% play unpatched?

people are splitted on TAD and nilla.
Players which play on TAD and are members of this forum have also EP installed. which means they are definitely atleast 300 members of this forum who play on EP, you will just need to find few friends with the same timezone as you, so you can play games on EP
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

how much time did it take for majority to switch to fp 1.2?
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

The majority never switched to ASFP1.2. This patch has far better conditions for adoption though.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

-PhoEniX- wrote:

To be honest the ESOC patch isn't as active as expected. Since you just started playing aoe3 again, I advise you to play on the normal patch. You can download the ESOC patch for sure, it has better maps and more balanced civs, but you honestly won't find any game at your level.

TAD is a bit more active than nilla (around 20-25% more players), TWC is empty, like 2 players online average xD
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

TAD on RE and switch to patch if u see a game u want.