French team cav build order

France ramex12
Skirmisher

French team cav build order

Post by ramex12 »

Hi, as french is one of the most played civilization on aoe3 in team, I'd like to give a TEAM build order in detail for medium rated players who want to get better/more precise.

If you start with 200w and there is a relatively close tp, go get it and gather 100 more wood to make a house. If you start 100c 100w make a market and gather the resources to make hunting dogs and a house (if you have coin treasures, think of buying 100w at the market, it's often better than choping all this wood !). Keep in mind the treasures you might be able to take, and do the math to gather as few wood/coin as possible early on.
keep herding and searching treasures, and ship 3cdb's first. This is always the best card to send first as french.
when you reach 14 cdbs, age up with the quartermaster (400w) Meanwhile :
-if you started tp, make sure you get 50c (if you don't have it already from treasures) and put 7 vils on wood, get placer mines and gather 125 extra wood that you save.
-if you started market, you can put 9-10 vils on wood to get a tp, it is not recommended if your team plan is to be fast though. Then same idea, placer mines and 125w saved.
Then put 7 vils to coin, and 7 to food.
When you reach the colonial age, you have 2 options as your first shipment : 4 cdb's or 3 hus (8 bows sometimes in 2v2 mainly if you plan on defending and scouted a very forward ennemy base). I think the 3 hus first is often underplayed, as it is very strong, especially in 2v2 if you plan on rushing !
if you ship 3 hus, you should not get steel traps right away. I would wait for the next shipment to get it, so you can get more hus early, and the 125 wood can be used as an extra house, which is very useful if there are not many fights and losses early on.
if you ship 4 cdb's, get steel traps right away.
with the 400w, get a stable and 2 houses.
You should be able to get 5 hus as your first batch very easily.
next shipment is 700w (or 700c if the game is calm and you intend to age up).
If you went 4 cdb's and your first batch of hus hasnt been killed, you won't have the population room to get another 5 hus batch. It will be either 3 hus, or you can buy 100w at the market if you had good treasures/good macro and you think you have enough to get a 3+ batch of hus after buying that house. With 700w, get houses, eventually a tp, and placer mines if you don't need many units. The next card is standardly cav hp (which is way better than cav attack by the way unless you have another cav player in your team, which would make the attack card better because it will upgrade his hus too!)
but it can also be 700c to age up, 3 hus to push/raid more, or 8 bow to defend. Then it's up to you, watch the mini-map to catch raids, raid yourself, try to read what your opponents do and react accordingly warn your team mates of what you intend to do, and just own them all :)
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Re: French team cav build order

Post by Mimsy for President »

Thanks ;)

EDIT : "With 700w, get houses, eventually a tp, and placer mines if you don't need many units" You meant amalgamation ?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I like to go for 4cdb/700w/spice trade.
France ramex12
Skirmisher

Post by ramex12 »

Well I guess it can be good if there are berries and not too many hunts... But the thing is I feel it's often better to age if you're not under pressure, or to get cav hp if the game is intense, but if you have a tp you can probably sneak in spice trade I guess
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

If you go 4 cdb 700w I think you should drop another stable bc you'll have the eco to get out more than just 5 hus per batch especially if you ship coin crates after
France ramex12
Skirmisher

Post by ramex12 »

If the team really needs a lot of cav to defend/push yeah it could be done, but keep in mind if there are not many fights happening it's always better to age than to have 25 useless cavs and opponents already having goons, so before puting a second stable make sure with your mates that you all intend to push and not age
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

4cdb, 700w 700g 700f cav hp is a decent build order for double stable
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:4cdb, 700w 700g 700f cav hp is a decent build order for double stable

No 700f.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:4cdb, 700w 700g 700f cav hp is a decent build order for double stable

No 700f.

why not rouga?
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Hazza54321 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

No 700f.

why not rouga?

Maybe becuase 600c, 3 huss, cav hp, spice trade and 600w are all better?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Is 3 cdb>4 cdb>700w(2nd stable, 2nd gold up)>700g(age)>refrigeration any good for fast cui spawn?
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

tedere12 wrote:Is 3 cdb>4 cdb>700w(2nd stable, 2nd gold up)>700g(age)>refrigeration any good for fast cui spawn?

If you semi-ff you will usually want to make goons early fortress. Also that is a bit early for refrigeration, prob send like cav combat or 1kw first in fort
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

4v/700w/spice trade/cav ups works well for colo fights, I'd 700g only if u feel like there is a safe possibility to age. Imo 2nd stable only needed after 4th ship
1k wood/refrigeration/cav combat once age3 (I wouldn't send it until 20+ goon), sometimes/often 5goon needed first shipment even tho it's not a great one
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France ramex12
Skirmisher

Post by ramex12 »

The second stable shouldn't be built before 3rd imo because in colonial either you will be under pressure and you won't be able to produce from 2 stables anyway because of raids etc, or you won't be under pressure and you should always age, even if your team decides to rush, the damage in a rush is not supposed to be decisive, you want to "paralize" your ennemies then transition (into 3rd) and finish it (I'm talking about 3v3 here, in 2v2 you might want to keep making units and maybe add second stable, but very rare imo)
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

ramex12 wrote:The second stable shouldn't be built before 3rd imo because in colonial either you will be under pressure and you won't be able to produce from 2 stables anyway because of raids etc, or you won't be under pressure and you should always age, even if your team decides to rush, the damage in a rush is not supposed to be decisive, you want to "paralize" your ennemies then transition (into 3rd) and finish it (I'm talking about 3v3 here, in 2v2 you might want to keep making units and maybe add second stable, but very rare imo)

+1