I have a BIG Problem with AOE3 Collectors Edition

No Flag lordswaggington
Crossbow

Post by lordswaggington »

Hello Community of this Site,
i bought Age of Empires 3 Collectors Edition with the two Expansionpacks(The War chiefs and Asian Dynasties) in it. i tried to install the game and it worked. i can play online too but only with the normal european nations and not with any of the Expansion Packs. i tried everything but i didnt found out what to do.
Can someone of you Guys help me please because otherwise i wasted 20? for something i can just play for 33.33%
-LordSwaggington
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Forgive me if I'm wrong??since I don't use Steam??but I believe you have to right click on "play game" (or whatever that option is) and select "play Asian Dynasties." Something like that =S not 100% sure.
No Flag lordswaggington
Crossbow

Doesnt Work. i bought it from Amazon(Dunno if you know that :s)(something like ebay) and if i rightclick the programm then and click on play it just keep throwing me into the normal AOE3 which i dont want to play. i want to play asian dynasties or war chiefs and i dont know how to get into that :c
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Are you able to open the .exe file directly???I don't use Windows either, so Idk about this either :P ??I think for TAD it's age3y.exe? Should be somewhere in the Steam files.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Where did you buy it ? Steam ? If you got it there when you press play it should give you 3 options, select the asian dynasties one.

Alternatively make a search in your computer files for "age3y.exe" and click that to launch the asian dynasties.
No Flag lordswaggington
Crossbow

1. As i already said i bought it from the Internet
2. i dont have anything on my PC that is called age3y.exe
3. I dont know what to do anymore D:
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

If you buy it off Amazon, I thought it installs it via Steam =S Does it not work that way?
No Flag lordswaggington
Crossbow

Wait a moment i just realised i can install it on steam too ._.
ok i make that and when im done i tell you if its working or not(PS I totally love you Mitoe, you are my favorite AOE3 Player :3)
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

lordswaggington wrote:Wait a moment i just realised i can install it on steam too ._.
ok i make that and when im done i tell you if its working or not(PS I totally love you Mitoe, you are my favorite AOE3 Player :3)
Haha thanks :P GL getting it working.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

lordswaggington wrote:2. i dont have anything on my PC that is called age3y.exe
That would mean the TAD expansion isn''t installed at all. :o

Which would explain your frustration. ^_^
No Flag lordswaggington
Crossbow

soooo im already back because steam says that the product key isnt correct but it is. So i think the Game totally hates me or someone sent me the wrong stuff :C
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Is there a customer service thing you can call or something? They might be able to give you a new key.
No Flag lordswaggington
Crossbow

Cant call them now. The Little Letter they put into the Game Box says: We answer your Questions from 12:00 to 21:00 and its already past that. 1 Question How did you get Asian Dynasties running?. and could it be that they tricked me and its only the normal AOE3 on the Disk :O
No Flag lordswaggington
Crossbow

I told the game now it should repair itself, maybe a error occured whilst the installation and maybe my problem will be fixed after that. when not i will be sad :c
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

lordswaggington wrote:Cant call them now. The Little Letter they put into the Game Box says: We answer your Questions from 12:00 to 21:00 and its already past that. 1 Question How did you get Asian Dynasties running?. and could it be that they tricked me and its only the normal AOE3 on the Disk :O
I own the retail copy of the game. I really doubt that they tricked you :P Have you tried googling the issue at all? Maybe there are others who were in a similar situation.
No Flag lordswaggington
Crossbow

Ok so
This is the gmae i bought: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00S280 ... _i=desktop
And at the Installer there only was 3 buttons: 1:Install 2:Deinstall/Repair 3:Cancel
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

on steam did u go to "games" then "activate a product on steam" and type ur cd key there?
I think that should get it too work.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
No Flag lordswaggington
Crossbow

mitoe wrote:
lordswaggington wrote:Cant call them now. The Little Letter they put into the Game Box says: We answer your Questions from 12:00 to 21:00 and its already past that. 1 Question How did you get Asian Dynasties running?. and could it be that they tricked me and its only the normal AOE3 on the Disk :O
I own the retail copy of the game. I really doubt that they tricked you :P Have you tried googling the issue at all? Maybe there are others who were in a similar situation.
I did google my problem but all i found was "how to get age of empires 3 +expansions for free+ crack and product key" and all that stuff but nothing that could help me with my problem
No Flag lordswaggington
Crossbow

giveuanxiety wrote:on steam did u go to "games" then "activate a product on steam" and type ur cd key there?
I think that should get it too work.
Yes i already tried that but steam said that this product key is not right but i have it like that in my game box but it doesnt work
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

I always get confused on steam because there are two ways it seems to activate a product, the one that glaringly says "active a product on steam", but the one below it says "redeem a steam wallet code." Maybe you were given a code instead ? Try the other option.
No Flag lordswaggington
Crossbow

wickedcossack wrote:I always get confused on steam because there are two ways it seems to activate a product, the one that glaringly says "active a product on steam", but the one below it says "redeem a steam wallet code." Maybe you were given a code instead ? Try the other option.
Nono the wallet codes are for Steam Gift Cards friends can give you that you can get more money on steam(something like a Playstation Network Card or something) and even if i try to add a game that steam doesnt know it says:"No such interface supported". I really tried everything i think now :c
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

This should be very simple...
1) do you have physical copies (discs) of all three games, not just three discs for aoe3 vanilla, you need a disc for twc and a disc for tad

2) if it is not physical, then u must do it thru steam, which should install all

Either way, navigate to the folder...computer-->c drive-->program files-->Microsoft games-->age of empires 3. And look for age3y. Double click that
No Flag lordswaggington
Crossbow

Dear iamsoldier,
Thank you so much, i found out how to play them thanks to you.
THAAAAAANK YOUU :3
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

The Collector's Edition doesn't include the expansions, only the Complete Edition does.

Steam gives you the option to run the basic game or each expansion. If you do a Steam install you must run each game from Steam at least once, after that you can use the direct link. For some reason I always get an error if I try the direct link first on a new install.