outposts

France ramex12
Skirmisher

outposts

Post by ramex12 »

I think outposts are too bad. I'd like to see them better on ep, with a little more hp and more attack for sure, and maybe a multiplier when there are vils in it, what do you guys think?
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: outposts

Post by lordraphael »

while i do agree with you, especially the idea to increase the firepower if vills are in the outpost ( kinda like in aoe 2 ) sounds neat , I think that buffing outpost would buff Turtle civs and turtle play to much. Just imagine a port who seabooms and walls and has stronger outpost which act similar as tcs do that doesnt sound like a thing you want to have
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

lordraphael wrote:while i do agree with you, especially the idea to increase the firepower if vills are in the outpost ( kinda like in aoe 2 ) sounds neat , I think that buffing outpost would buff Turtle civs and turtle play to much. Just imagine a port who seabooms and walls and has stronger outpost which act similar as tcs do that doesnt sound like a thing you want to have

+1
France ramex12
Skirmisher

Post by ramex12 »

I'm not saying it's something that should be done just like that, any modification has big consequences, but I think this port problem comes from the fact that sea boom is too op and port IV is too op too, if you deal with that you can upgrade outposts, which would make I think the games much more interesting (maybe even in treaty even though I don't know much about it)
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

ramex12 wrote:I think outposts are too bad. I'd like to see them better on ep, with a little more hp and more attack for sure, and maybe a multiplier when there are vils in it, what do you guys think?

Yeah the cards of out posts would be epic then...

But I think FF would be too easy then...
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

Ok. so I have always wondered. if you knew you were going to fight in one place would an outpost be better than say 3 musks. They have a decent attack and a lot of hit points so in some situations could they be cost effective?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

They are quite bad. Outposts in this game are designed very differently from "towers" in most games though; they are essentially only meant to buy time to counteract raids, by my impression.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

medinos wrote:
ramex12 wrote:I think outposts are too bad. I'd like to see them better on ep, with a little more hp and more attack for sure, and maybe a multiplier when there are vils in it, what do you guys think?

half of the civs FF every game anyways
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

purplesquid wrote:Ok. so I have always wondered. if you knew you were going to fight in one place would an outpost be better than say 3 musks. They have a decent attack and a lot of hit points so in some situations could they be cost effective?

if you are both playing age 2, yes, otherwise it depends
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

lordraphael wrote:while i do agree with you, especially the idea to increase the firepower if vills are in the outpost ( kinda like in aoe 2 ) sounds neat , I think that buffing outpost would buff Turtle civs and turtle play to much. Just imagine a port who seabooms and walls and has stronger outpost which act similar as tcs do that doesnt sound like a thing you want to have

That actually sounds very nice
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
France ramex12
Skirmisher

Post by ramex12 »

The only purpose of outpost in the current patch is to give good line of sight and being able to save vils in it, and maybe to do better against some very fast rushes, when the unit counts are low it tends to drive your opponents away, otherwise at a certain point they become pretty useless in a big battle, way worse than 3 musks at least... Just compare the damage dealt by the 3 musks with the outpost damage...
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

ramex12 wrote:The only purpose of outpost in the current patch is to give good line of sight and being able to save vils in it, and maybe to do better against some very fast rushes, when the unit counts are low it tends to drive your opponents away, otherwise at a certain point they become pretty useless in a big battle, way worse than 3 musks at least... Just compare the damage dealt by the 3 musks with the outpost damage...

Though the 3 musks can die fast and an outpost can pop units in the middle of a fight
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Problem is that semi-ff is already too strong, if you buff towers and make them viable defence colonial play will go to hell...
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

thebritish wrote:
medinos wrote:

You mean spain and china?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

yemshi wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

French FF's every game. Rarely it stays age 2.
German FF's every game too.
Iro
otto FF's occasionally
Sioux FF's every game too
Portuquese FF's too.

I gae you 7 civs and your 2, thats 9. Out of 14 civs, 9 civs is more than 50% which is half of the civs
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Many of them do semi ffs. But yes age 2 is largely a transitional period where you can position yourself to do well in fortress. This is because of fast age up politician making it hard to punish
France ramex12
Skirmisher

Post by ramex12 »

To be honest I don't think out posts would make a huge difference in colo or fortress play, if the civs are balanced enough, an outpost is still expensive and your opponent can probably age up as well instead of pushing and having you wasted 250w
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

The way map control works in this game a tower is too expensive to help
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Outposts are yet another thing that can be revamped after everything else...if we ever get to that point.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I think they could get 2500 hp instead of 2000. That would also buff a bit russia, because atm their bh has lower hp than normal rax, with 2500 hp it would be the same
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Buffed towers would be too good. While they should be better for their cost, they would need to be changed in a couple of ways to end up balanced; just buffing their attack/hp and leaving it at that just encourages campy play. I think that they should have lower attack and hp, but only cost 100 wood and take less time to build. This way they function more like towers in AoE2 - they are cheap defensive structures that add to your forces, but are not overwhelming. They also need to either get rid of their building limit, or increase it dramatically (15 instead of 7) - only having 7 means that you can't really invest in static defenses long term, and therefore have no use for tower/wall buff cards.

It would also be cool if there were a way to disable tower attacks at their bases like in AoE2 - players would have to micro to avoid tower fire.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

thebritish wrote:
yemshi wrote:
Show hidden quotes

French FF's every game. Rarely it stays age 2.
German FF's every game too.
Iro
otto FF's occasionally
Sioux FF's every game too
Portuquese FF's too.

I gae you 7 civs and your 2, thats 9. Out of 14 civs, 9 civs is more than 50% which is half of the civs

So just to quote millions of people:
FF | Semi-FF
And just because you ageup at some point you don't FF.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

there isnt any difference between FF and SEMI-FF anyway.
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

thebritish wrote:there isnt any difference between FF and SEMI-FF anyway.

There is.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

It's half on an FF if you look at the word carefully.