Attack move on vanilla

No Flag kokiloki
Musketeer

Attack move on vanilla

Post by kokiloki »

[face=arial]Hi everyone,

I have a question about the attack move. When I play online I can''t use it, but when I only play against bots I can. Isn''t attack move allowed online? I play on vanilla if that makes a difference. I read somewhere on the internet that you should ad a file somewhere in the game folder, but I don''t know if that''s allowed.

I hope you could help me out,

kokiloki[/face]
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Garja »

On vanilla be sure to click on the opponent units or in a blank spot. Everything else will cause the attack move to not work.

Play TAD.
Image Image Image
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Papist »

garja wrote:On vanilla be sure to click on the opponent units or in a blank spot. Everything else will cause the attack move to not work.

Play TAD.
On nilla there are only two OP civs to deal with. On TAD there are at least 3, possibly 4 if you wish to include Japan.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Garja »

Ye but nilla sux
Image Image Image
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Attack move on vanilla

Post by _H2O »

garja wrote:On vanilla be sure to click on the opponent units or in a blank spot. Everything else will cause the attack move to not work.

Play TAD.
It doesnt matter what you do, it doesnt always work. My guess is that with any latency this problem gets worse. Thats why when you play vs bots it works more often for you.

It works way better on TAD as well.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Attack move on vanilla

Post by _H2O »

papist wrote:

Play TAD.
On nilla there are only two OP civs to deal with. On TAD there are at least 3, possibly 4 if you wish to include Japan.

nilla has no counter system. cheating is rampant. No good players play on it. It has 3 op civs and 1 op unit class.

Ranged infantry beats everything making the game much more 1 dimensional.

1. Spain 2. Otto 3. Russia

No overlapping hotkeys, no hotkeys for unit stances, no hotkeys for explorer abilities.

Vanilla is the slums of aoe3.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Garja »

h2o wrote:

Play TAD.
It doesnt matter what you do, it doesnt always work. My guess is that with any latency this problem gets worse. Thats why when you play vs bots it works more often for you.

Thats the lag bug when AI in general get fucked by someones retarded pc (unit pathing apparently stresses the pc)
But on nilla there is also the other thing I described which isnt even a bug, just a retarded implementation of attack move.
Image Image Image
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Mimsy for President »

Russia ? Rather Dutch
No Flag kokiloki
Musketeer

Attack move on vanilla

Post by kokiloki »

garja wrote:
h2o wrote:It doesnt matter what you do, it doesnt always work. My guess is that with any latency this problem gets worse. Thats why when you play vs bots it works more often for you.

Thats the lag bug when AI in general get fucked by someones retarded pc (unit pathing apparently stresses the pc)
But on nilla there is also the other thing I described which isnt even a bug, just a retarded implementation of attack move.
I dont think its a retarded impementation of attack move. If I?m not good enough to use it, why does it work against bots? The attackmove does work against guardians online, but not against enemy troops. They just keep walking and not doing anything. The problem with the latency is more likable I think. I dont have a good pc, but the game runs fine on low graphics, only the attack move doesnt work.
Id like to have TAD too, but it is 36 euros now, thats a bit to much, Im waiting for it goes on sale. On vannilla there is 1 op civ, ottos ofc, but I think if you play right, you can win this matchup. I dont have problems with to bad players, Im not that good. I started playing aoe3 this year online, Im a 1st lt now.
Ranged inf is indeed very good, but they can also be countered. What Id like about TAD is the light inf bonus vs ranged cav, and that tps only cost 200w. Cheaper tps allows you to use different strats, that dont work on vannilla. New maps are also nice, but I dont know if people play on it. I hope so, Ive played on gp enough:) New hotkeys are also nice, but I dont think theyll make a big difference for me, I dont play on such a high lvl.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Mitoe »

kokiloki wrote:Ranged inf is indeed very good, but they can also be countered. What I''d like about TAD is the light inf bonus vs ranged cav
Pretty sure with good micro, a decent mass of ranged infantry beats everything except cannons on Vanilla. Also, skirms actually do have a bonus vs ranged cav in Vanilla, but it''s a hidden bonus' it IS there in the code though.
No Flag kokiloki
Musketeer

Attack move on vanilla

Post by kokiloki »

mitoe wrote:
kokiloki wrote:Ranged inf is indeed very good, but they can also be countered. What Id like about TAD is the light inf bonus vs ranged cav
Pretty sure with good micro, a decent mass of ranged infantry beats everything except cannons on Vanilla. Also, skirms actually do have a bonus vs ranged cav in Vanilla, but its a hidden bonus' it IS there in the code though.
I didnt know about the hidden bonus, is it a 2 times bonus, like on TAD, and only with skirms? In theory hand cav does counter ligt inf, but when the oppenent has enough anti cav its not worth massing hand cav, especially if the other has a good micro and a good base order, Canons are indeed pretty usefull. When both players have a mass of ranged inf, then they both dont have a big benefit from it.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Mitoe »

I think it's 2x, yeah. Not 100% sure though.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Garja »

kokiloki wrote:
garja wrote:Thats the lag bug when AI in general get fucked by someones retarded pc (unit pathing apparently stresses the pc)
I dont think its a retarded impementation of attack move. If I?m not good enough to use it, why does it work against bots? The attackmove does work against guardians online, but not against enemy troops. They just keep walking and not doing anything. The problem with the latency is more likable I think. I dont have a good pc, but the game runs fine on low graphics, only the attack move doesnt work.
Id like to have TAD too, but it is 36 euros now, thats a bit to much, Im waiting for it goes on sale. On vannilla there is 1 op civ, ottos ofc, but I think if you play right, you can win this matchup. I dont have problems with to bad players, Im not that good. I started playing aoe3 this year online, Im a 1st lt now.
Ranged inf is indeed very good, but they can also be countered. What Id like about TAD is the light inf bonus vs ranged cav, and that tps only cost 200w. Cheaper tps allows you to use different strats, that dont work on vannilla. New maps are also nice, but I dont know if people play on it. I hope so, Ive played on gp enough:) New hotkeys are also nice, but I dont think theyll make a big difference for me, I dont play on such a high lvl.

Well if youre 100% sure that you click on the opponent unit the yes it must be the lag but it has to be huge. Generally the attack move bug this way in big battles.
Aslo another scenario where attack move often bugs in when you group together units that are in different parts of the map and you attack move with them.
Also be sure to click just once after attack move and with the left click (right also works but fails more).
Image Image Image
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Papist »

shaolinstar wrote:Russia ? Rather Dutch
Dutch are hardly a top civ on nilla. They aren''t as bad as they are on TAD, but that is only because there are fewer civs for them to be beaten by on nilla lol. You should only play Dutch if you love to FF (because that''s the only strategy you will be using) and love to lose (because you will be losing 90% of the time if you play an equal player).
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Attack move on vanilla

Post by _H2O »

only reason dutch are better is because you dont need anti cav (skirms are anticav)
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Jaeger »

Skirms have 1.5x vs goons on nilla, but they do the same damage to goons as on TAD. On TAD they have x2 vs ranged cav but also x.75 vs cav which nets to x1.5.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Attack move on vanilla

Post by princeofkabul »

There are no bonusses in nilla skirm vs goon. I've tested it
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Jaeger »

princeofkabul wrote:There are no bonusses in nilla skirm vs goon. I''ve tested it
Lol I remember you tested it with me but we fucked up the calculations, I tested it again and it''s there.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Attack move on vanilla

Post by princeofkabul »

How did we fuck it up? Skirm was hitting good and made 18 damage? Which is base attack of nilla skirm right?
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Attack move on vanilla

Post by princeofkabul »

Or we didnt count resist or what, can't remember
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Jaeger »

I guess we must've messed up the resist, I went with this nilla guy and did skirm vs war wagon so no range resist, then we did on TAD and it was the same damage.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Garja »

it's x1.5 on nilla and x2 x0.75 on tad
Image Image Image
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Attack move on vanilla

Post by Mimsy for President »

papist wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:Russia ? Rather Dutch
Dutch are hardly a top civ on nilla. They arent as bad as they are on TAD, but that is only because there are fewer civs for them to be beaten by on nilla lol. You should only play Dutch if you love to FF (because thats the only strategy you will be using) and love to lose (because you will be losing 90% of the time if you play an equal player).

I urge you to watch PK Nilla tourneys recs. Dutch are not forced to FF either since their colonial is pretty good. "because you will be losing 90% of the time" on nilla ? you must be joking :/
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Attack move on vanilla

Post by _H2O »

shaolinstar wrote:
papist wrote:Dutch are hardly a top civ on nilla. They arent as bad as they are on TAD, but that is only because there are fewer civs for them to be beaten by on nilla lol. You should only play Dutch if you love to FF (because thats the only strategy you will be using) and love to lose (because you will be losing 90% of the time if you play an equal player).
I urge you to watch PK Nilla tourneys recs. Dutch are not forced to FF either since skirms are pretty good. "because you will be losing 90% of the time" on nilla ? you must be joking :/
fixed your post :P