Max 50 units in group

No Flag Rishal
Musketeer

Max 50 units in group

Post by Rishal »

Is there any mod/way to get around being limited to selecting 50 units at once?
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Re: Max 50 units in group

Post by _H2O »

I wouldn't want that to be public if it's possible lol. This is a major advantage IMO :P. It's a good question though.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

That would be really nice...
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

That would be really cheat
Image Image Image
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

How so?? Only difference it would make is being able to have another hotkey for your whole army to get it across the map easier, right?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

What happens if you use the "select all units of this kind" hotkey and you have more than 50 units of this kind ? Just randomly selects 50 units of these units among all those you have ?

Gear_Head wrote:How so?? Only difference it would make is being able to have another hotkey for your whole army to get it across the map easier, right?

It would enable you to use less groups for your units, for example still having 1 group for 70 musks, instead of doing 2 groups. So it decreases the apm you need, which is kinda cheat indeed. In a lot of situations it would also save units, for example if you have to go back with 70 musks and you just double click and back all of them, while usually you would lose a few musks because you have to drag click them. Just a ton of small unfair advantages we don't want
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

DId I read "cheat"?
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Can't be done. At least not without getting a mismatch. You're more than welcome to use the move all military units hotkey however.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

Kaiserklein wrote:What happens if you use the "select all units of this kind" hotkey and you have more than 50 units of this kind ? Just randomly selects 50 units of these units among all those you have ?

Gear_Head wrote:How so?? Only difference it would make is being able to have another hotkey for your whole army to get it across the map easier, right?

It would enable you to use less groups for your units, for example still having 1 group for 70 musks, instead of doing 2 groups. So it decreases the apm you need, which is kinda cheat indeed. In a lot of situations it would also save units, for example if you have to go back with 70 musks and you just double click and back all of them, while usually you would lose a few musks because you have to drag click them. Just a ton of small unfair advantages we don't want

Fair enough. I feel like in most cases with that many units of the same kind, you'd want different groups anyways for micro purposes. I'm not a very skilled player, though, so I'll defer to the experts on this one. 8-)
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Kaiserklein wrote:What happens if you use the "select all units of this kind" hotkey and you have more than 50 units of this kind ? Just randomly selects 50 units of these units among all those you have ?

Yes.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Gear_Head wrote:

Fair enough. I feel like in most cases with that many units of the same kind, you'd want different groups anyways for micro purposes. I'm not a very skilled player, though, so I'll defer to the experts on this one. 8-)

Well if you mass 50+ units of a same kind you won't be able to micro much so you'll basically attack move most of time, so the only reason you bother to make 2 groups is imo the 50 units limit, not micro purposes
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

Kaiserklein wrote:
--SNIPPED--

Well if you mass 50+ units of a same kind you won't be able to micro much so you'll basically attack move most of time, so the only reason you bother to make 2 groups is imo the 50 units limit, not micro purposes

That's kind of what I thought, but who knows, maybe there's somebody who could mirco 70 musks effectively. :lol:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's a game engine limitation hardcoded in the exe. It was limited to 50 units to reduce lag.

I think someone managed to edit the exe with a hex editor to increase this limit, I've seen it on HeavenGames, but they didn't say if the game performance was worse.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Whenever I get more than 50 of one unit type, I try to attack so that I can fix this major inconvenience.

Its really annoying tbh.. Not really good for gameplay at all I think. Id just be happy if it would be gone.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

its kinda possible (ah ye icourt already said it, ull get crc).
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Maybe this could be done on EP?
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

That would kill the uniquenes of the game itself...
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

medinos wrote:That would kill the uniquenes of the game itself...

Lol, how?
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

medinos wrote:That would kill the uniquenes of the game itself...

The game would only become unique for having option to select more than 50 units.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Maybe this could be done on EP?

Would change late game and treaty meta, which EP is trying as little to do.
And yes it would change a uniqueness to the game. It'd be like increasing Starcrafts 12 unit selection, when entire builds are built around it.
Again it's possible to do, but it's a big complicated mod. It changes meta. And the performance issues online could be brutal. I'm sure we can all learn to use at least 2-3 control groups.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i think it would be nice for civs with weak units but cheap units, like mace and strelets as you are much more likely to have over 50strelets and if you dont then its awkward to have 2 control groups for them, same with mace, perhaps even with china
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

iCourt wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:Maybe this could be done on EP?

Would change late game and treaty meta, which EP is trying as little to do.
And yes it would change a uniqueness to the game. It'd be like increasing Starcrafts 12 unit selection, when entire builds are built around it.
Again it's possible to do, but it's a big complicated mod. It changes meta. And the performance issues online could be brutal. I'm sure we can all learn to use at least 2-3 control groups.

I honestly have no idea how you think this would change the meta in any game mode at any time.. what different compositions would you make because of this change?
Performance impact could be tested, but I believe it won't be anything relevant for current computers.
Seems like simply QoL fix to me.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Maybe increase it to 75?
Also, how selecting 50 more units at once will create lag?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

EAGLEMUT wrote:I honestly have no idea how you think this would change the meta in any game mode at any time.. what different compositions would you make because of this change?
Performance impact could be tested, but I believe it won't be anything relevant for current computers.
Seems like simply QoL fix to me.

It's not a simple edit at all. You're welcome to try it though. I'll leave the modding in your capable hands.

As for performance it could cause lag. This was something that was hard coded into the game because of performance issues. While you're correct new computers could maybe handle it, online that is a completely different issue. Then there is the issue of logging onto ESO and potentially being banned if it logs into it at all since you're modifying the entire program at its core.

I'll agree to disagree with game meta. I think it would change many late game situations.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It doesn't cause lag, I was joking.

I actually tested it online and it doesn't have any significant impact on game performance.