Frustrations

No Flag Sarcomere
Crossbow

Frustrations

Post by Sarcomere »

So I'm around capt level (sometimes I play like a lt colonel, and others like a sergeant), and I can't seem to make that next step. I almost always lose games that I should win because of unit control. My macro is pretty much on point and my unit spam is just fine. However, I always choose bad engagements, I don't micro well, or I just simple can't control my units. I've been playing for a while and have solid game knowledge, but I can't seem to take that next step in my game play. Any ideas would be welcome.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Frustrations

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Be careful and don't take fights you're not sure you'll win.
You don't need to micro like a boss, just a move with a good positioning is fine even at colo+ level.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

learn from goodspeed.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

You can get to pretty high ranks even if your micro isnt the greatest. If you can group units and attack move them, you just need to kinda move your hussars or sth when they are running into pikes but thats it. Just look at boneng lol.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

The above post does not in any way, shape or form represent the views of Official ESOC© Site Staff. The above poster is allegedly held responsible for his own views and as such any complaints with said views may not be directed at ESOC© or affiliated parties, as agreed upon in the Official Terms & Conditions which you have obligatorily agreed to upon site registration.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Same.
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Post by DemonDog »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Be careful and don't take fights you're not sure you'll win.
You don't need to micro like a boss, just a move with a good positioning is fine even at colo+ level.

Sometimes it's good to take fights you probably will lose to get better and improve your play?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

DemonDog wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Be careful and don't take fights you're not sure you'll win.

Sometimes it's good to take fights you probably will lose to get better and improve your play?

Well, that's how you improve, by taking bad fights and at the end you can know if you're taking a good or a bad fight but obviously it is better to dodge bad fights :P
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Post by DemonDog »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
DemonDog wrote:

Well, that's how you improve, by taking bad fights and at the end you can know if you're taking a good or a bad fight but obviously it is better to dodge bad fights :P

but you'll learn how to beat Japan with ports semi ff vs japan FI eventually :mrgreen:
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

I think you can improve and take less bad fights by seeing your opponents composition and compare it to yours. (check who has better units and more counter units, and if you are sure you have better chance when compared the units, take the fight, otherwise you can just go back)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

thebritish wrote:I think you can improve and take less bad fights by seeing your opponents composition and compare it to yours. (check who has better units and more counter units, and if you are sure you have better chance when compared the units, take the fight, otherwise you can just go back)
Nice explanation.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Marco1698 wrote:
thebritish wrote:I think you can improve and take less bad fights by seeing your opponents composition and compare it to yours. (check who has better units and more counter units, and if you are sure you have better chance when compared the units, take the fight, otherwise you can just go back)
Nice explanation.

What i did wrong?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

Sarcomere wrote:So I'm around capt level (sometimes I play like a lt colonel, and others like a sergeant), and I can't seem to make that next step. I almost always lose games that I should win because of unit control. My macro is pretty much on point and my unit spam is just fine. However, I always choose bad engagements, I don't micro well, or I just simple can't control my units. I've been playing for a while and have solid game knowledge, but I can't seem to take that next step in my game play. Any ideas would be welcome.

"Sometimes I play like a lt colo" lmfao you spelt sargeant wrong.
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Sarcomere wrote:So I'm around capt level (sometimes I play like a lt colonel, and others like a sergeant), and I can't seem to make that next step. I almost always lose games that I should win because of unit control. My macro is pretty much on point and my unit spam is just fine. However, I always choose bad engagements, I don't micro well, or I just simple can't control my units. I've been playing for a while and have solid game knowledge, but I can't seem to take that next step in my game play. Any ideas would be welcome.

Do you use control groups for military units ? I think it's the best tool for units positioning/units control, so if you don't you should
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Method_man714 wrote:

"Sometimes I play like a lt colo" lmfao you spelt sargeant wrong.

You spelled sergeant wrong too. OOPS.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Currently on this feels train too. Why can't I plateau at 2300... :/

Post by Marco1698 »

thebritish wrote:
Marco1698 wrote:
Nice explanation.

What i did wrong?
Nothing, I said nice explanation
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

I feel exactly like you

im a captain and sometimes I feel i don't even play like 2nd lt lol
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag Sarcomere
Crossbow

Post by Sarcomere »

See, that's the problem though. This is all stuff I know. I've been around since the beginning of the game (haven't played the whole time by any means, but not a noob to it), but I just can't seem to get over that hump. I use control groups, hotkeys, and I generally know what I'm doing in terms of unit composition. I just seem to be on the losing end of every 50/50 fight. I just have no idea how to fix that.

Post by Marco1698 »

Keep playing a lot, watch recorded games and do a rec of your games, it helps to fix your main mistake. You can update some of them in this website, to see what top players think about your gameplay.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

I feel like i play like a general but am major. Damn feels
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Victor_swe wrote:I feel like i play like a general but am major. Damn feels

PRs just a number bud. You'll always a field marshal to me.
No Flag abbadan
Skirmisher

Post by abbadan »

iNcog wrote:The above post does not in any way, shape or form represent the views of Official ESOC© Site Staff. The above poster is allegedly held responsible for his own views and as such any complaints with said views may not be directed at ESOC© or affiliated parties, as agreed upon in the Official Terms & Conditions which you have obligatorily agreed to upon site registration.

+1 +LOL.
Seriously...I don't know whether as a group we need to be less offensive towards one another or just grow a thicker skin...
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

What if both sides don't take fights they are not sure they'll win?
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums

Post by Marco1698 »

evilcheadar wrote:

What if both sides don't take fights they are not sure they'll win?
Boring game then.