Civs

Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Civs

Post by leaf4 »

Sorry kind of vague topic I guess. I was trying to find a civ or two to stick with. I was really starting like british, just feel if the game gets going to long or past there peak, it becomes really difficult. French also seem good, but very over played. I have always loved the natives like iro sioux aztec, just feel unless its 1 v 1 there hard to play, and are really flimsy/fragile

Basically I just wanted to know your guys' opinions on this. I usually like moderate/agressive style of playing.
thebritish wrote: AA>going fortress
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Civs

Post by deleted_user »

This is a journey you must take on your own.

But seriously, my two options were going to be brits or french lol. Shucks. You could always lame otto.

Germany is anther good one they are one of the best civs atm.
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

leaf4 wrote:Sorry kind of vague topic I guess. I was trying to find a civ or two to stick with. I was really starting like british, just feel if the game gets going to long or past there peak, it becomes really difficult. French also seem good, but very over played. I have always loved the natives like iro sioux aztec, just feel unless its 1 v 1 there hard to play, and are really flimsy/fragile

Basically I just wanted to know your guys' opinions on this. I usually like moderate/agressive style of playing.

Germany is a very good civ to start to learn the game with mainly because they can't really be lamed from the get go. Until level 40-60 home city level has been reached you are basically forced to build crossbow pike with free uhlans mixed in. This is very micro intensive and forces you handle a 3 unit combo. Avoid playing one trick pony civs like Iroqouis and Ottomans like the plague until you have mastered the basics and you will become a very well rounded player.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

For moderate/aggressive civs, India could fit quite nicely. They have loads of options and alot of depth, and are typically the aggressor in most matchups. They do have a pretty big initial learning curve but it's doable, just read the India guides around. They're also not super common, and they do well on non-TP maps too.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

There's always the obvious choice of Japan that no one seems to be mentioning.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Zutazuta wrote:There's always the obvious choice of Japan that no one seems to be mentioning.

Nobody's hating on Japan, but he did say he wanted "moderate/aggressive" and that he liked TWC civs. Japan is kinda like the polar opposite of those. Still could work though.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Zutazuta wrote:There's always the obvious choice of Japan that no one seems to be mentioning.

Japan is fun, but playing them doesn;t really cultivate any skills that can be carried over the other civs. At least France teaches you semi FF's, musk/huss, and other playstyles that are more or less universal.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

Papist wrote:

Japan is fun, but playing them doesn;t really cultivate any skills that can be carried over the other civs. At least France teaches you semi FF's, musk/huss, and other playstyles that are more or less universal.

Japan teaches u to adapt and play in a reactive manner as opposed to reading some guide and doing cav/musk/pike semi-ff with french, german.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yeah to become good as japan you need to know every civs in the game to adapt while with fre you can do one bo in every MUs xD.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Papist wrote:

Japan is fun, but playing them doesn;t really cultivate any skills that can be carried over the other civs.
Lol that's not true. I'd say Japan requires the most skill to play after India, simply because you cannot follow a build order every game like most civs. You have to really scout and adapt if you want to pull off a successful strategy, and even then you have to play flawless to win.

On topic: I'd recommend Sioux to you. They're a fun civ to play and pretty average at the moment so hopefully you don't get flamed. A good mindset should be to take the trading posts, upgrade to stagecoach, and age up with the Sioux in every single game.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Japan is very hard to play IMO. Never really understood why some players like to call OP and flame the civ.

Japan is just way different than literally every other civ in the game. If you learn the game on Japan then all the more standard European civs will feel alien, which is why I think it's a good idea to stick to a euro civ, if only just for awhile.

Also I think it's fair to say that hardly any civs can rely on just one BO unless maybe China.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Play Spain, do 700 g 700 w 8 pike 2 falc every game.

Play China, do 700 g 700 w 9 musk 10 arq every game.
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Papist wrote:

Japan is fun, but playing them doesn;t really cultivate any skills that can be carried over the other civs.
Lol that's not true. I'd say Japan requires the most skill to play after India, simply because you cannot follow a build order every game like most civs. You have to really scout and adapt if you want to pull off a successful strategy, and even then you have to play flawless to win.

On topic: I'd recommend Sioux to you. They're a fun civ to play and pretty average at the moment so hopefully you don't get flamed. A good mindset should be to take the trading posts, upgrade to stagecoach, and age up with the Sioux in every single game.

Thank you all, and bramboy what do you reccomend doing in 1 v 1 or teamgames with sioux? I feel in team game bow rider is nice to raid..or if cards are sent axe rider can get pretty strong.
Also should i be sending cards like furrier , great hunt, ect
thebritish wrote: AA>going fortress
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

leaf4 wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Thank you all, and bramboy what do you reccomend doing in 1 v 1 or teamgames with sioux? I feel in team game bow rider is nice to raid..or if cards are sent axe rider can get pretty strong.
Also should i be sending cards like furrier , great hunt, ect

Streaming some sioux right now. I don't really have build orders, I make trading posts and units and then play with the flow of the game.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Just play whatever civilization you enjoy the most at any given time. If you don't know then try them out.

Japanese is a challenging and interesting civilization to play but not very beginner-friendly. Beginner-friendly civilizations are Iroquois, Sioux, French, Germans and Ottomans.
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

zoom wrote:Just play whatever civilization you enjoy the most at any given time. If you don't know then try them out.

Japanese is a challenging and interesting civilization to play but not very beginner-friendly. Beginner-friendly civilizations are Iroquois, Sioux, French, Germans and Ottomans.

not sure I would agree iro is really a beginner friendly civ unless, unless you just tomo rushing every game.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i dont think germans are particularly easy as a noob, you need to manage pop space, gold heavy units/macro and building placement is vital
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Can you elaborate on german building placement? Not questioning you, just curious. I've never really thought about it like I would other civs.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

houses behind tc, stable easily defendable and relatively tight so you can trap timing pushes making it harder for the opponent to commit
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

What is Op's PR? India and german are a bit too complicated to start plying with if you compare them to sioux or france for example. But depending on what point you are in the learning curve you could jump to them no problem...

Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

So it sounds like we agree op should learn Japanese?
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

deleted_user wrote:Japan is very hard to play IMO. Never really understood why some players like to call OP and flame the civ.

Japan is just way different than literally every other civ in the game. If you learn the game on Japan then all the more standard European civs will feel alien, which is why I think it's a good idea to stick to a euro civ, if only just for awhile.

Also I think it's fair to say that hardly any civs can rely on just one BO unless maybe China.

becouse on re jap is simply op. Shirnes boom let you outores, jap turtle is incredible op (whit wall neat to be impossible to beat), their eco is amazing, their units are amazing, their mass in amazing after 10 minutes. Jap is still a op civ (tier1 whit iro). The real problem whit jap is that you need to be op, requires hight skills (like china) and you have to adapt all the game, is not like german that they do semi ff vs all in most of cases. Jap is a good civ on fp, but in re is tier 1. It is only very hard to play and you have to be very smart and read everything very good, but it is still op.
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Hazza54321 wrote:i dont think germans are particularly easy as a noob, you need to manage pop space, gold heavy units/macro and building placement is vital

right my love, german is op civ, but requires op micro and controll
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
No Flag abbadan
Skirmisher

Post by abbadan »

OK, here's where my noob shines out...
WHY ISN'T RUSSIA EVEN MENTIONED? I think of them as a very aggressive civ; with a hit hard and then lay back strat. You can SEND 13 strel & 9 cav, not to mention what the forward blockhouse is training.
What am i missing?
AbbaDan
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

r4go wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Japan is very hard to play IMO. Never really understood why some players like to call OP and flame the civ.

becouse on re jap is simply op. Shirnes boom let you outores, jap turtle is incredible op (whit wall neat to be impossible to beat), their eco is amazing, their units are amazing, their mass in amazing after 10 minutes. Jap is still a op civ (tier1 whit iro). The real problem whit jap is that you need to be op, requires hight skills (like china) and you have to adapt all the game, is not like german that they do semi ff vs all in most of cases. Jap is a good civ on fp, but in re is tier 1. It is only very hard to play and you have to be very smart and read everything very good, but it is still op.

No way Japan is tier 1 on re patch if using esoc maps... maybe on some maps like siberia or shit re maps but not on esoc maps... iro otto russia aztec all are hard counters while british france (on some maps india) germany china all have somewhat fair matchups vs japan (many of these not favoring japan).

Edit: Japan is one of best quick search civs though (excluding iro otto), because you don't get map screwed often and can wall up on many of the re maps while practicing same builds over and over again