smurf accounts

Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Re: smurf accounts

Post by MCJim »

A bit of a weird conversation. Of course it does matter why you got disqualified. You have to know the reason, otherwise it's not valid. Try to do it right the next time I'd say!
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

thebritish wrote:I played on a smurf and was disqualified in the group stage too..

You weren't disqualified. You refused to schedule and/or play your games and thus you were given the admin loss in your games. I guess you can call it a voluntary disqualification?
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

thebritish wrote:I played on a smurf and was disqualified in the group stage too..

he played on his pr35 smurf it seems
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

thebritish wrote:the reason isnt important.
-the only think that matters is that i got disqualified

LOL
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

one more post
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

HOWDAH BOYS
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

thakronickid420 wrote:the main reason this game doesnt grow anymore or hasnt in he past is smurf accounts i wish better players understood this. I get no satisfaction from beating somebody was under my pr idk why its so fun for them. you say you want to grow the game yet do stupid stuff to destroy it. play your own pr is all I have to say, ive been in and out of the game for a long time and honestly the only reason i havent commited and gotten discouraged from this game is from those of you who make yourself feel better from bashing way lower prs. just something to think about

Man sometimes people indeed take smurfs just to relax and play at lower rank, for example if I want ot team with a lower mate, what other solution do I have ? People won't play vs for example a 1 lt and a colonel teamed up together. And it's the same if you just want to have fun without playing seriously, you need a smurf. But I think the biggest use of smurfs is to find a game, because there aren't many games at high level, and when you can't find one you have to take a lower account. Don't be paranoid, thinking people are taking smurfs just to bash lower ranks and get a sadistic pleasure out of it...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

KINGofOsmane wrote:HOWDAH BOYS

congrats
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

I'm barely active these days, don't have the time, but back when I was I always used smurf accounts. It's not always about playing people lower then you, relaxing or noob bashing. My experience (team games only in this case) is that people can become extremely aggressive about winning/losing. If you're on the winning end everything is fine and people part ways amicably, but if you lose a game (NO WAY!) then suddenly everyone is blaming each other, no one ever believes they had anything to do with the loss etc. Basically you meet enough s***heads online and eventually you will want a break from them. Thus the reason why I have a few smurf accounts. I don't use them as often, but people don't know me, they have no reason to have any issues etc. In this casing smurfing brings the game back to a more relaxed atmosphere. In my case it isn't about playing lower ranked plays, I play the same people around my level but its anonymous with no expectations good or bad.

Early last year I was in a 3v3 and my team won the first game. In the rematch we lost a nail biting forty-two minute match why victory was snatched away from us despite us being ahead most of the game. My team mates decided to attack each other (I've honestly never seen THIS kind of language online) and I decided to try and calm them down. Instead both burned their anger on me. It was the second worse experience I've had in TAD. They continued harassing me outside of the game until I was forced to block them both. I logged out, got on a smurf account and joined the first 3v3 I saw. They joined a minute later. We did random teams and guess who got? Yup, them. Another solid game, we almost lost, but I had some solid play (as did they) and we won. Afterwards they each told me how impressed they were and how happy they were to get a good team mate because last game they had the worst experience with a horrible noob (me!). They had no idea who I was and even asked if I'd like to get some more games with them. I politely declined.

See? Not all smurfing is about cheating people or trying to get a higher PR. Sometimes its nice to be completely unknown and play some games without worrying about history with other players. I'm sure other people have similar stories.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Post by DemonDog »

Ya I think the main reason for smufing is to get a break from some dipshit assholes.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

All players didnt use their main account, so unless you punish everyone who didnt use their main account....
Examples are Jerom (he is even a mod),
diarouga who played on django account
and few others..

Jerom talked to the mods about him playing on a different account and was given the Ok. Osmane played on django and was disqualified. Last tournament Erik played on a smurf account and was also disqualified. Smurfing has always resulted in disqualification unless it was discussed prior to the tournament.

yeah I specifically invested time in telling H2O about the situation and why I wanted to play on an account that wasn't (yet) my main account.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

britishmusketeer wrote:
gibson wrote:You were disqualified because you quit in the middle of your games lol......
thebritish wrote:the reason isnt important.
-the only think that matters is that i got disqualified

These quotes crack me up. Same with the one in your signature.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Dang i wanted to play the next turney with My smurf. They seed by some rank? If ur smurf is known, shud it really be a problem?
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Btw, why the fk am i a crossbowmen. I dont want to be a crossbowmen :(
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer