aoe apprenticeship

No Flag thakronickid420
Crossbow

aoe apprenticeship

Post by thakronickid420 »

is there any pro players willing to help me become a better and serious player? want somebody to take me under their wing and teach me how to become an elite player it would mean so much to me thanks! I am absolutely serious about this. I can play anytime mostly
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: aoe apprenticeship

Post by deleted_user »

wut is ur pr
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

u willing to learn japan?
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Post by DemonDog »

If you're serious and not going to bullshit around there are good players who will help you out.
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

Introducing: the Zutazuta school of AoE3

Required courses:

Japan 1, Japan 2, Japan 102/105

Streaming 12 (with guest lecturer Interjection)

Top player banter 101 (with a special emphasis on Victor_Swe)

MSP 10 (the basics of the More Stuff Principle)
No Flag thakronickid420
Crossbow

I am very serious about becoming a much better player. Been playing the game for a long time leisurely but would like to take it seriously now, I watch alot of streaming so I know alot about what i should be doing, just need someone to help me put it into practice. I am a pr 17, and yes zuta I would love to learn Japan
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

We Could play some practice games for sure. What do you think is the thing you are lacking in? Are you using an effective hotkey setup? Do you know many build orders and have a vague idea of what is strong when?

I think those are the most important two steps to get to 1st lt or so. Just figuring out the mechanics to a point where you can execute things quite decently and then learning some general good build orders and, once you really get close to high 1st lt, understanding, albeit vaguely, when those build orders are good and when they are weak.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

thakronickid420 wrote:I am very serious about becoming a much better player. Been playing the game for a long time leisurely but would like to take it seriously now, I watch alot of streaming so I know alot about what i should be doing, just need someone to help me put it into practice. I am a pr 17, and yes zuta I would love to learn Japan
Really to get better you just need to take a build order and practice it, focusing on the little things like minimizing settler idle idle time and having the right vil distribution. I was a master sergeant in September of last year and after practicing many games I still have a long way to go to be good but have made it to captian and even beaten a few decent players.
No Flag thakronickid420
Crossbow

My biggest flaw is my lack of an effective hotkey setup so i cant micro units in fights and macro as efficiently as id like. I have a good idea of the civs strong points and when they are most effective. I also have a decent idea of build orders but not exactly
No Flag thakronickid420
Crossbow

Zutazuta wrote:u willing to learn japan?

I would love to learn japan actually. Thats one of the few civs I havent played much at all
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

thakronickid420 wrote: I am a pr 17

Ahh nvm can't help you :(
No Flag thakronickid420
Crossbow

Jerom wrote:We Could play some practice games for sure. What do you think is the thing you are lacking in? Are you using an effective hotkey setup? Do you know many build orders and have a vague idea of what is strong when?

I think those are the most important two steps to get to 1st lt or so. Just figuring out the mechanics to a point where you can execute things quite decently and then learning some general good build orders and, once you really get close to high 1st lt, understanding, albeit vaguely, when those build orders are good and when they are weak.

That would be great to play some practice games, like i said previously my hot key setup would be my greatest flaw in this game. i know general builds and civ strength and weakness
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

Can someone teach me aswell
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Method_man714 wrote:Can someone teach me aswell

I can teach you my shitty OG port builds?
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

forgrin wrote:
Method_man714 wrote:Can someone teach me aswell

I can teach you my shitty OG port builds?

I already have a lot of shitty port builds, but more are welcome ofc
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

You're pr 17? I can make you pr 23-25 without a problem by simply telling you, without even watching you play, how to improve your gameplay.

For free. I take this matter seriously also.. I love this game, been playing since 2005, but at best I'm a Major.. I beat a major general twice before in a 1v1.. One was france vs japan and the other france vs russia. That being said I'm not pro pro, but I know the fine difference between what noobs like pr sub 25 do that makes them lose, and how to fix that.

If you would like me to tell you message me on here privately and I will be glad to meet you on aoe and just start throwing at you the secrets of aoe.

EDIT: I will make one edit here after reading the sub 2400 elo posts above which I rarely do.. I do not need to play practice games with you, I consider that a waste of time. The fine line between pr 17 and pr 25 can be fixed by simply tell you the truth that you do not see yet. the strategy, the mental aspect of this game..

A lot of things can be fixed by verbally explaining things to you, you don't even necessary have to change your build or what not or "practice" it.. Because once I tell you the aoe secrets you will straight up know that you failed to do such things and fixing it will be second nature.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Cocaine wrote:You're pr 17? I can make you pr 23-25 without a problem by simply telling you, without even watching you play, how to improve your gameplay.

For free. I take this matter seriously also.. I love this game, been playing since 2005, but at best I'm a Major.. I beat a major general twice before in a 1v1.. One was france vs japan and the other france vs russia. That being said I'm not pro pro, but I know the fine difference between what noobs like pr sub 25 do that makes them lose, and how to fix that.

If you would like me to tell you message me on here privately and I will be glad to meet you on aoe and just start throwing at you the secrets of aoe.

Secrets = maphack?

@OP theres no fun in becoming good. The better you become the harder it gets to find a game.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

OG mudbone
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

No, such things do not exist.

I'm talking about real skill based information that he probably lacks or doesn't realize he does/does not. We all noob bashed before, or at least I have.. No shame. I noob bashed 16-22 and win every time, even tho I'm not even pro. Because I do things what those guys do not do, which is game changing.. That is the same thing all the pr 25 and above do.. But somehow those pr secrets do not trickle down to the lower ranks. I'm willing to mentor this guy for free and tell him everything and surely.. In a span of a week or 2 he would be a 1st lt.

No Flag thakronickid420
Crossbow

Cocaine wrote:No, such things do not exist.

I'm talking about real skill based information that he probably lacks or doesn't realize he does/does not. We all noob bashed before, or at least I have.. No shame. I noob bashed 16-22 and win every time, even tho I'm not even pro. Because I do things what those guys do not do, which is game changing.. That is the same thing all the pr 25 and above do.. But somehow those pr secrets do not trickle down to the lower ranks. I'm willing to mentor this guy for free and tell him everything and surely.. In a span of a week or 2 he would be a 1st lt.

im interested cocaine:p lol
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well part of it is gamemechanics. Ive tried to teach some friends the game but they were so slow that there wasnt much point. You need a very minimal level of mechanics to get good. Like 80-100 apm and efficient hotkey usage (or insane mouse speed). So that is something most lower level players can improve on. It matters tons actually.

Then there is the other part which is build orders. Knowing exactly what to do in which situation can take you very far, far beyond pr35 even. The exact information of what to do when isnt out there really. Its too much effort to write a guide for all the match ups. Most strategies are out there though, so all you need to do is experiment with different builds to find out which work best when.

The last part is just general decision making. What to do in generic, or more unstandard situations. There's no way to make a guide on that part. That just comes through playing lots and watching top players play (although some feedback can help a bit).

I think I'd be able to help with all three parts probably. The second one is the easiest to help with I think. First and third are mostly practice aside from some little tricks.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

thakronickid420 wrote:

Ok sounds good! I will message you later tonight ok? I'm at uni studying, then soccer game. so I will be home in 4 hours.

I been playing this game since 2005. I have a lot of things to share with you :) But all of them are about psychology and logic + improving your skill. How old are you btw?

Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

Jerome is right, thakronickid420 I think you should talk to jerome and me at the same time. It will help you getting advice from two players rather than 1. Also I do not do much hotkeys, I don't find the need for them because my IQ is 150 and I'm not a fucking idiot to forget where my stables or barracks are and I'm not an amputee so I can make good use of my left hand and fingers on the mouse.

That being said he can help you with some aspects of the game I simply don't bother with BUT yes, hotkeys are beneficial if used correctly I do agree with all of u on that point.

No Flag thakronickid420
Crossbow

Cocaine wrote:Jerome is right, thakronickid420 I think you should talk to jerome and me at the same time. It will help you getting advice from two players rather than 1. Also I do not do much hotkeys, I don't find the need for them because my IQ is 150 and I'm not a fucking idiot to forget where my stables or barracks are and I'm not an amputee so I can make good use of my left hand and fingers on the mouse.

That being said he can help you with some aspects of the game I simply don't bother with BUT yes, hotkeys are beneficial if used correctly I do agree with all of u on that point.

lol well id love to play some time, id love any advice i can get thanks
No Flag thakronickid420
Crossbow

Cocaine wrote:
thakronickid420 wrote:

Ok sounds good! I will message you later tonight ok? I'm at uni studying, then soccer game. so I will be home in 4 hours.

I been playing this game since 2005. I have a lot of things to share with you :) But all of them are about psychology and logic + improving your skill. How old are you btw?

I am 24 btw didnt see this previous message:) lol