Suggestion for Dutch

United States of America dutchdude117
ESOC Community Team
ESO: Dutchdude117

Re: Suggestion for Dutch

Post by dutchdude117 »

harcha wrote:Perhaps if that politician not only unlocked halbs, but gave Military Drummers...
That's a really cool idea, btw I edited my earlier response as I wanted to express what I was saying more clearly.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Having early halbs will most definetely make pikemen redundant. The reason why Dutch don't have crossbowmen is because they already have early Skirmishers. To make Halbs available in age 2 they would have to shadowtech like skirms in age III and also pikemen will have to be removed. For me it's a no go.
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

There is a card that increases halb speed on age 3.
What about moving it to age 2?
I guess there is still the problem of having to send a whole shipment just for that, but if dutch is forced into long colonial fights that could help i guess.
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

What about giving them crossbows? so they can focus on vill production and age up more quickly. Also why the fuck are age2 skirms a thing??
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Jets wrote:What about giving them crossbows? so they can focus on vill production and age up more quickly. Also why the fuck are age2 skirms a thing??
Well, they should have musketeers in the first place so...
I guess it is a design choice, since they can mine gold faster than usual. Personally I love having early skirms. That is why I main Dutch.
Attachments
Jacob_de_Gheyn.jpg
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

I love how Dutch is simultaneously ridiculously strong but also like playing with a handicap. If you play well, it feels like your civ is OP, and when you don't use the right strategies it feels like you're playing the worst civ in the game. Somehow this appeals to me.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

RefluxSemantic wrote:I love how Dutch is simultaneously ridiculously strong but also like playing with a handicap. If you play well, it feels like your civ is OP, and when you don't use the right strategies it feels like you're playing the worst civ in the game. Somehow this appeals to me.
Infinite fusilier card is op ;)
Attachments
Fusilier Corps.png