Re: Is Russia weak?

Post by Marco1698 »

No
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

Yes they are, but most people play them wrong, which makes them look even weaker.
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

A bit below average I think. Slightly weak maybe.

Not as weak as some people make them out to be I think. Theyre quite a decent but tricky civ I think.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I agree with method, they are slighty weaker than average but people play them wrong so they look trash.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

They are a nice civ that struggles against semi ffs and as they are the current meta it makes russia below average. Like india afaik
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Method_man714 wrote:Yes they are, but most people play them wrong, which makes them look even weaker.
Your way to play them is the best for sure, 3 monstertrucks at 2 min! What a pro you are
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Russians are not a bad civ, but even not too strong. Darwin used to get 2800 elo and that's not possible if your civ sux so much. I am not saying they are a very strong civilisation, but if correctly played (nobody play them so well currently) they can do quite well vs many civs, imo.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Marco1698 wrote:Russians are not a bad civ, but even not too strong. Darwin used to get 2800 elo and that's not possible if your civ sux so much. I am not saying they are a very strong civilisation, but if correctly played (nobody play them so well currently) they can do quite well vs many civs, imo.

I think the "standard no hunts" maps on QS favors that agressive/control russia playstyle, i'm not sure if thats still possible in ep..
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

they are not hopeless but definitely worse than other civs
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I agree with method, they are slighty weaker than average but people play them wrong so they look trash.

I watched alot of your streams so the right way playing RUssia would be something like your bulid and style currently that you are playing with Russia ?
Or the basic good old hard rush ?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

medinos wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I agree with method, they are slighty weaker than average but people play them wrong so they look trash.

I watched alot of your streams so the right way playing RUssia would be something like your bulid and style currently that you are playing with Russia ?

the more eco style and pressure with an early 5 coss is mostly the way to go
Lancer

Post by medinos »

Diarouga would you mind telling us your Russia 14 and 17 vill strategy please ?...
The 17 vill bulid is even more interesting post in strategy or here please :/
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

"playing the civ wrong" imo isnt the best argument.. since "playing right" is defined by just winning.
Someone might say that doing a jani rush is just wrong because there are better options, but if it counters your enemy and you win... you played right.

you can also say that about 90% of your losses with any civ.. " I played wrong, I should have done X in this Y scenario.."
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

lemmings121 wrote:"playing the civ wrong" imo isnt the best argument.. since "playing right" is defined by just winning.
Someone might say that doing a jani rush is just wrong because there are better options, but if it counters your enemy and you win... you played right.

I disagree. You can win and still have played wrong; just that you won because of your opponents mistakes rather than your own correct play.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

medinos wrote:

The hard rush sucks, it only works if you outplay your opponent.
I think the right way to play russia is like I'm doing currently (I'm testing builds tho, most of my games are just testing games, to see if 14vill age up is better than 17v age up or to see what's better between 700f and 600g).
Anyway, you should timing push and push your opponent right when he reaches the 3rd age.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

britishmusketeer wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:"playing the civ wrong" imo isnt the best argument.. since "playing right" is defined by just winning.

I disagree. You can win and still have played wrong; just that you won because of your opponents mistakes rather than your own correct play.

well, thats true.

I guess my point was just that people dont need to play 100% in the meta, if someone decide to do a spain scooner boom and it works... its a valid strat.

but in the case of russia, yeah, maybe everyone is just persisting in weak bos that lead to a low winrate... someone must call darwin to see if he can fix this :D

[spoiler=spoiler]someone will win a ro8 game of next tournamet with spain scooners, thank me latter.[/spoiler]
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I don't think saying the hard rush sucks is fair. In some match-ups, it's quite effective.

In general people should not be so quick to rule out every thing but one, and accept that there are alternative circumstances and ways in which to play.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:I don't think saying the hard rush sucks is fair. In some match-ups, it's quite effective.

In general people should not be so quick to rule out every thing but one, and accept that there are alternative circumstances and ways in which to play.

Imo people here are way too extreme about their opinions. "this doesn't work" tends to mean it theoretically shouldn't work but it actually can work or actually just works half of the time (which is pretty good for a strat).
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

lemmings121 wrote:
Marco1698 wrote:Russians are not a bad civ, but even not too strong. Darwin used to get 2800 elo and that's not possible if your civ sux so much. I am not saying they are a very strong civilisation, but if correctly played (nobody play them so well currently) they can do quite well vs many civs, imo.

I think the "standard no hunts" maps on QS favors that agressive/control russia playstyle, i'm not sure if thats still possible in ep..

You are right, on eso map russia can't cut from getting res. It is a weak civ, but it is played bad too
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
No Flag g06092
Skirmisher

Post by g06092 »

lemmings121 wrote:

And most importantly Darwin used to play with the water style which is viable on half of the RE maps. Without water maps could be totally different. He never differ from others with very good micro or something like that so he can't be the best with any civ.
Lancer

Post by medinos »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
medinos wrote:

I think the right way to play russia is like I'm doing currently (I'm testing builds tho, most of my games are just testing games, to see if 14vill age up is better than 17v age up or to see what's better between 700f and 600g).
Anyway, you should timing push and push your opponent right when he reaches the 3rd age.

I played Russia mostly the hard rush and the rush that Darwin was playing and I won most games by that..
But Im gonna try that bulid just for fun and the 17 vill up seems fun to play :)

And just post like some of those experiment bulids in the aoe 3 strategy...
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

medinos wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I played Russia mostly the hard rush and the rush that Darwin was playing and I won most games by that..
But Im gonna try that bulid just for fun and the 17 vill up seems fun to play :)

And just post like some of those experiment bulids in the aoe 3 strategy...

Darwin rush isn't viable on good maps, my timings are better tbh.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Russia is one of the top three OP civs
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold