2v2 tourney?

No Flag oceanic
Crossbow

2v2 tourney?

Post by oceanic »

Team games could be just as fun to watch as the regular 1v1 games. Is there any possibility for hosting a team game tourney in the future?
No Flag jono
Crossbow

2v2 tourney?

Post by jono »

It might be cool to come up with some ideas for fun tourneys with maybe a smaller prize fund for the future. 2v2 tourney would be good, but to be honest there are less people that play 2v2 together consistently nowadays. This was a tourney age sanc (I think) ran a few years back.

I remember there being some tourneys for first person to kill a TC wins (no walls allowed) within 10 mins, tourney in fast speed mode, only certain unit types allowed (e.g. x-bow war) and other things. Can't remember if these were all prize tourneys or just some of the smackdown / other tourneys age sanc ran back in the day.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

2v2 tourney?

Post by lemmings121 »

jono wrote:It might be cool to come up with some ideas for fun tourneys with maybe a smaller prize fund for the future. 2v2 tourney would be good, but to be honest there are less people that play 2v2 together consistently nowadays. This was a tourney age sanc (I think) ran a few years back.

I remember there being some tourneys for first person to kill a TC wins (no walls allowed) within 10 mins, tourney in fast speed mode, only certain unit types allowed (e.g. x-bow war) and other things. Can''t remember if these were all prize tourneys or just some of the smackdown / other tourneys age sanc ran back in the day.

Some interesting ideias right there. I dont think a whole tournament with those setting would work, but imo these can be some nice "one day events", in the months between ''real'' championships.
Some other random/crazy ideias would be fighting in colonial age only, or industrial age only..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

2v2 tourney?

Post by deleted_user0 »

Melee infantry only!
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

2v2 tourney?

Post by princeofkabul »

Urumi wars
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag jono
Crossbow

2v2 tourney?

Post by jono »

If the interest is there, then there could always be a number of tournaments for fun rather than money. Usually it's the money and the prestige of a cash tournament that motivates some people to play, so I guess you'd have to have enough people wanting to play for fun to make it work. I'd certainly be up for it
France iNcog
Ninja

2v2 tourney?

Post by iNcog »

Nah team sucks

queue the flaming
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag lukasl99
Musketeer

2v2 tourney?

Post by lukasl99 »

Yeah I gotta agree with iNcog here, personally I don't enjoy watching team games at all
No Flag jono
Crossbow

2v2 tourney?

Post by jono »

So maybe there aren't enough active players for a 2v2 now, but some of the old 2v2 tourneys were actually surprisingly good, especially where players went non-standard against better players to try and pull off a win (slinging, French grens, natives all over the place and so forth). It's a good thing to spitball some different tourney ideas though, in general you'll end up with a consistent last 8 or so (depends on brackets etc.) and sometimes it's fun for the lower ranked players to have a go at a tourney that's slightly different. Just my thoughts