Royal Rumble

Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Royal Rumble

Post by medinos »

What about we have every weekend like a Royal Rumble...
A small event tourney about 8 players playing bo3 we can cast it and it would be fun and interesting :)
Not every weekend but if we got time and people that would like to compete it would be interesting and we could make like an application for anyone that would love to compete..
2nd liut min PR ?
What do you guys think I mean I would do this for the community so we have all sorts of events... ?
Im tired of the booring SS with same people every saturday I mean god.....
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Re: Royal Rumble

Post by thebritish »

medinos wrote:What about we have every weekend like a Royal Rumble...
A small event tourney about 8 players playing bo3 we can cast it and it would be fun and interesting :)
Not every weekend but if we got time and people that would like to compete it would be interesting and we could make like an application for anyone that would love to compete..
2nd liut min PR ?
What do you guys think I mean I would do this for the community so we have all sorts of events... ?
Im tired of the booring SS with same people every saturday I mean god.....

gl
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Ive been considering doing this once every month or so. Drains a man to organise such a thing I fear. Random bracket, open sign ups, 32 people or so.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Good idea, but hard to actually do.....
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Yeah from 2lt/1st lt to capt/major, that would be super cool. I don't think it would be particularly hard.

Anyway without initiatives there is nothing, so you did well there medinos.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Currently we are working about events similar to this. However, setting things up costs a lot of time and moderation. At the moment we should wait how Strong World is gonna go before we will see more.
Everyone could help supporting the event by signing up! viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5421
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I like this, theoretically for a few reasons. I'd personally propose an open bracket, ~16-64 players depending on what works out, ran over the course of a weekend, or maybe starting on thursday and ending sunday. Anyone can sign up, random seeds (so two good players can face in first rounds and lower ranked players can get far with a good bracket)
- Gives people of more pr ranges a shot at winning. Normal tournaments are unwinnable for about 90% of the participants, this format gives you, if you get a little bit lucky, the chance to dream about winning it all.
- Fun way to get some meaningful games streamed, good content for esoc.
There's some issues with it
- extremely intensive to organize. Would have to be run over the course of one weekend which requires quite an intense commitment from staff
- hard to turn it into good streamcontent. Many games are going to have to be played with very little scheduling time, which makes it difficult to plan the stream and arrange casters.
- Possibly hard to make sure all games get played. The idea would be that people can only sign up if they are available a lot in the weekend, preferably at prime times aswell. In the normal tournaments its super tough for people to play one match over the course of a week. In this format players would have to, at most 6 matches in one weekend, which is quite a lot.

If it is doable, I'd be happy to support/run such events once every one/two months, but it seems extremely intensive to do.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

Mimsy for President wrote:Yeah from 2lt/1st lt to capt/major, that would be super cool. I don't think it would be particularly hard.

Anyway without initiatives there is nothing, so you did well there medinos.

I just wanted to see some games of 2nd liuts to PR capt/mayor to see some different players and different wins..
im pretty tired of the boneng garja h20 kynesie games and other folks...

Every tournament the same thing make it more interesting with this royal rumble idea...