The New Servers Coming This Tuesday!

Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Re: The New Servers Coming This Tuesday!

Post by _NiceKING_ »

enjoy2play wrote:so lag wont be better on new servers?

We will see if there will be less lag very soon.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

r4go wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Should probably update ESOC twitter with this

we want your hotwebsite my hero <3

Is only for you my love not public I am too shy but when I am with you you make me feel strong <3
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

ovi12 wrote:
r4go wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Should probably update ESOC twitter with this

we want your hotwebsite my hero <3

Is only for you my love not public I am too shy but when I am with you you make me feel strong <3

Hahaahahahah you are the best, that's why i love youuuu
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

I am not at home at the moment, is the server off now?
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Post by DemonDog »

I really could care less about this anymore.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Servers are still up.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

7 PM PST = tuesday 3 AM GMT if I am not mistaken. So its gonna be up for the entirety of european today.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

_NiceKING_ wrote:

AOE III is not a server-based game. ESO just holds the player database and acts as a matchmaking site to set up the peer-to-peer networks within which the online game is played. Lag in the game is entirely dependent on the individual players' computers and their Internet connections. Five players in a 3v3 can have 50 Mbps connections and the latest gaming computers and the game will still lag terribly if the sixth is on slow WiFi and on an old laptop that will barely run the game. What the new servers hopefully will do is decrease the frequency of PR not updating properly, friends lists not reporting those online or in games correctly, failure to join game rooms, database maintenance issues and ESO downtime in general.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Metis wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:

AOE III is not a server-based game. ESO just holds the player database and acts as a matchmaking site to set up the peer-to-peer networks within which the online game is played. Lag in the game is entirely dependent on the individual players' computers and their Internet connections. Five players in a 3v3 can have 50 Mbps connections and the latest gaming computers and the game will still lag terribly if the sixth is on slow WiFi and on an old laptop that will barely run the game. What the new servers hopefully will do is decrease the frequency of PR not updating properly, friends lists not reporting those online or in games correctly, failure to join game rooms, database maintenance issues and ESO downtime in general.

I think you might be expecting a bit too much from this upgrade. Less ESO downtime and working password reset are probably the only improvements we'll see. It's still very nice to see MS caring a little bit instead of shutting us down, but don't set yourself up for disappointment.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

The FTJ will be fixed too this is huge changes you people just dumb I guess...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

medinos wrote:The FTJ will be fixed too this is huge changes you people just dumb I guess...

source?

PS. Your ass is not a valid source
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

medinos wrote:The FTJ will be fixed too this is huge changes you people just dumb I guess...

is that really true? would love that
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Increased server stability

If this change relates to FTJ problem, then its awesome. However, I doubt it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

It doesn't relate to the FTJ which is not going to be fixed. I dont even think it can be fixed. People shouldnt pull things straight from their bumhole and then pretend it to be a fact.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:It doesn't relate to the FTJ which is not going to be fixed. I dont even think it can be fixed. People shouldnt pull things straight from their bumhole and then pretend it to be a fact.

Some people like butt play so stfu
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

No, FTJ won't be fixed. Microsoft never mentioned this and "Increased server stability" just means ESO won't go down every 2 weeks.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Fail to join (FTJ) mainly is the result of network protocols that are setup to block certain packets. It takes some knowledge, skill and time to properly set up some routers' firewalls to allow AOE III full access, without just using the "shotgun" approach of setting DMZ on and thus putting your gaming computer at risk. Other routers seem to play the game just fine with no tweaking necessary. This issue has been discussed at great length in the forums.

Where the server upgrade may help, however, is that FTJ also has to do with the ESO system itself. In the early days, anyone could join a game room. However, when the games started, they sometimes went out of sync as soon as someone's firewall blocked a packet sent by another player on the peer-to-peer network. ES addressed this issue by detecting potential problems and blocking certain players from incompatible game rooms, thus FTJ. It might be that they went a bit too far here. If so, then new servers and a tweaked ESO system might (and "might is the relevant word) allow more to join game rooms. It's best though if players would learn how to set up their computer systems to allow the game proper access. In some cases it's nothing the player has access to but it's the ISP that's blocking ports on their end.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

Metis wrote:Fail to join (FTJ) mainly is the result of network protocols that are setup to block certain packets. It takes some knowledge, skill and time to properly set up some routers' firewalls to allow AOE III full access, without just using the "shotgun" approach of setting DMZ on and thus putting your gaming computer at risk. Other routers seem to play the game just fine with no tweaking necessary. This issue has been discussed at great length in the forums.

Where the server upgrade may help, however, is that FTJ also has to do with the ESO system itself. In the early days, anyone could join a game room. However, when the games started, they sometimes went out of sync as soon as someone's firewall blocked a packet sent by another player on the peer-to-peer network. ES addressed this issue by detecting potential problems and blocking certain players from incompatible game rooms, thus FTJ. It might be that they went a bit too far here. If so, then new servers and a tweaked ESO system might (and "might is the relevant word) allow more to join game rooms. It's best though if players would learn how to set up their computer systems to allow the game proper access. In some cases it's nothing the player has access to but it's the ISP that's blocking ports on their end.

Metis thank you for this answer no one has ever answered so honest and by some real facts about the FTJ problem you really are a smart guy :)
GJ
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Metis wrote:Fail to join (FTJ) mainly is the result of network protocols that are setup to block certain packets. It takes some knowledge, skill and time to properly set up some routers' firewalls to allow AOE III full access, without just using the "shotgun" approach of setting DMZ on and thus putting your gaming computer at risk. Other routers seem to play the game just fine with no tweaking necessary. This issue has been discussed at great length in the forums.

Come back to the off topic section please
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

The problem is that a significant portion of FTJ issues seem to be unfixable, or borderline unfixable nowadays.
United States of America Ikilled4penguins
Skirmisher
ESO: Ikill4penguins

Post by Ikilled4penguins »

I'm already suffering withdrawl effects.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:

The problem is that a significant portion of FTJ issues seem to be unfixable, or borderline unfixable nowadays.
none of it is unfixable, it's just the only fix is to get a new router/isp
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

You may use VPN to fix FTJ problems.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

_NiceKING_ wrote:You may use VPN to fix FTJ problems.

yes, it works for me, but still get so much ftj with most europians & usa people