Graphic Settings

Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Graphic Settings

Post by leaf4 »

I noticed through streams , that some people turn there graphics lower even though on max they get full fps, and well it looks better. Is there something behind this? A reason why they do this.

May seem like a dumb question but,,,
thebritish wrote: AA>going fortress
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: Graphic Settings

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

My personal reason is that I can't stream 30 FPS with max graphics, so I turn the shades to the lowest settings. I also find the bloom effect distracting so I turn that off.

I know _H2O thinks all high graphics are distracting so he turns them to the lowest settings, but I don't have this issue.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

I have mine set lower due to team games. I can run max in 1v1 however... but it's a hassle to switch between the two.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I actually prefer the lowest setting of the graphics, feels more natural
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Confession: I dont even notice the difference on streams compared to my max graphics.

Also, how can some people not handle this game? I could play in max graphics while recording in 1080p HD with fraps back in 2011 on a budget PC. How can your PC not handle streaming then?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

My PC is older than me and I'm 18, the game crashed yesterday when I picked Honshu map on max graphics and tried to set a beautiful naval battle... But I don't stream xD
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Jerom wrote:Confession: I dont even notice the difference on streams compared to my max graphics.

Also, how can some people not handle this game? I could play in max graphics while recording in 1080p HD with fraps back in 2011 on a budget PC. How can your PC not handle streaming then?

I have a tiny laptop that overheats due to my cat sitting behind it and blocking the fans while I play
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Jerom wrote:Confession: I dont even notice the difference on streams compared to my max graphics.

Lol wtf I have 16GB ram with intel i7 proccesor (not sure about the graphics card) and if I put max graphics it's a little bit choppy (or less smooth than min graphics)
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Lower graphics setting makes the game less distracting apparently, some people are just used to it that way. It does help alot in teamgames I think when things can be especially confusing.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Unless you get 60fps + from the start to the end of the game you can't really play on max settings.
Besides that, midl/low settings have less details so it's easier to notice stuff.
Image Image Image
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

I generally play with lighting effects off because they are distracting to me personally. (God rays, Bloom, Shadows, advanced lighting, reflections, etc)
I keep most other settings on highest though. This is pretty universal for all games I play where time is a large constraint. For more casual games like Skyrim or Civ 5 i'll keep all of that stuff on.

It has nothing to do with computer performance for me personally, maybe that could be what some others are experiencing.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I made a big post somewhere about whether or not the game is CPU or GPU bound. Basically early game it's GPU bound and later in the game when units are moving and taking damage, CPU becomes the bottleneck. The game is old so it's probably a single CPU thread being maxed out, which means that you want the latest architecture and highest clock-speeds from intel.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I like being able to see my units and what's happening instead of a glossy shiny mess. When contrast moves on my screen it's something to look at, units don't hide in shadows of trees nothing is obstructed by gunpowder of falling building parts.
Great Britain Panmaster
Skirmisher

Post by Panmaster »

AOE3 was one of the best looking games when it was released in November 2005. It desperately needs a it's graphics remastering for UHD resolution. Until then FPS is strictly single-thread CPU limited so Intel Skylake or upcoming Broadwell-E are the best bet.
Intentionally lowering graphics settings in competitive gaming is frowned upon.
TAD AI Reference Guide
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

ovi12 wrote:

Lol wtf I have 16GB ram with intel i7 proccesor (not sure about the graphics card) and if I put max graphics it's a little bit choppy (or less smooth than min graphics)

idk man, even my laptop could stream in 720p (at least, not sure what the max was) and max graphics. I dont understand why this game can still be hard to run.

@panmaster I think aoe3 still looks amazingly good for such an old game. Just look at any campaign cutscene and you will realize how old this game really is.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

Panmaster wrote:AOE3 was one of the best looking games when it was released in November 2005. It desperately needs a it's graphics remastering for UHD resolution. Until then FPS is strictly single-thread CPU limited so Intel Skylake or upcoming Broadwell-E are the best bet.

There are good news because they are doing it chronologicaly the remasters like age 2 hd the mythology etc..
Soon it will be the time for aoe 3 everybody has figured it out...
New servers are coming some cool announcments etc..
Anyways except a remaster of aoe 3 with some new civs maybe and a patch definately...

Just belive me for once and say cant wait :) ;)
United States of America jacksonpollock
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

medinos wrote:
Panmaster wrote:AOE3 was one of the best looking games when it was released in November 2005. It desperately needs a it's graphics remastering for UHD resolution. Until then FPS is strictly single-thread CPU limited so Intel Skylake or upcoming Broadwell-E are the best bet.

There are good news because they are doing it chronologicaly the remasters like age 2 hd the mythology etc..
Anyways except a remaster of aoe 3 with some new civs maybe and a patch definately...

I bet they'll charge $60 for it, then sell each extra civ as a micro transaction
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

medinos wrote:

lol is there any reason I should believe you? What does make you think so? Seriously, look at these „remastered" games, such as AoC. New fire and water texture, bigger resolution available, compatible with Steam and... that's really it. AoE3 is a lot more advanced in terms of graphics, so possible „remaster" would be a lot harder to do and would consume much more time, and I am not really convinced that MS cares so much about it right know. There are a lot of other issues to fix, like ESO, than graphics.