ESO: Ikill4penguins

Re: OFFICIAL: SERVERS DOWN Topic

Post by Ikilled4penguins »

SERVERS!!!!!!!!!
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

Servers are very very inconsistent that it's getting really annoying. Thought I read the servers were back up but I was just trolled :hmm:

btw mods I want my 420 badge :P :P :P
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Is eso down?

Edit: Nm, got connected after multiple attempts.
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Asateo wrote:Is eso down?

These days ESO is only ever down when it's automatically restarting, which takes about 5 minutes.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

These days ESO is only ever down when it's automatically restarting, which takes about 5 minutes.

Why would they restart automatically? It's a lazy way to do a kind of maintenance?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Kaiserklein wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:

Why would they restart automatically? It's a lazy way to do a kind of maintenance?

Because they'd crash randomly and theres not actually staff dedicated to it or something, thats what I think.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

Becuase thats the way servers and dedicated computers that run hosting work, after a certain amount of hours, there's hanging threads, people afk on a large scale taking server CPU for nothing, memory leaks, a bugged connection/process it all adds up and slows it the latency/servers down. So if there is no dedicated staff to restart it when needed without a auto restart system the servers would always be offline/crashed. One hanging thread or fucked java process and the servers will just crash. And most the time when that happens auto restart systems don't work, so scheduled restarts help prevent this. I reckon 99% of the time eso is offline is becuase it crashed and no one is around to simply restart it, which is why you need a scheculed restart system :D
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

__Uhlan__ wrote:Becuase thats the way servers and dedicated computers that run hosting work, after a certain amount of hours, there's hanging threads, people afk on a large scale taking server CPU for nothing, memory leaks, a bugged connection/process it all adds up and slows it the latency/servers down. So if there is no dedicated staff to restart it when needed without a auto restart system the servers would always be offline/crashed. One hanging thread or fucked java process and the servers will just crash. And most the time when that happens auto restart systems don't work, so scheduled restarts help prevent this. I reckon 99% of the time eso is offline is becuase it crashed and no one is around to simply restart it, which is why you need a auto restart system :D

who the hell is afk on eso ?:O
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

lordraphael wrote:
__Uhlan__ wrote:Becuase thats the way servers and dedicated computers that run hosting work, after a certain amount of hours, there's hanging threads, people afk on a large scale taking server CPU for nothing, memory leaks, a bugged connection/process it all adds up and slows it the latency/servers down. So if there is no dedicated staff to restart it when needed without a auto restart system the servers would always be offline/crashed. One hanging thread or fucked java process and the servers will just crash. And most the time when that happens auto restart systems don't work, so scheduled restarts help prevent this. I reckon 99% of the time eso is offline is becuase it crashed and no one is around to simply restart it, which is why you need a auto restart system :D

who the hell is afk on eso ?:O

well if the dedi's running aoe3's server is shit which it probably is, 50-100 players afk could create unneeded issues :d
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

__Uhlan__ wrote:well if the dedi's running aoe3's server is shit which it probably is, 50-100 players afk could create unneeded issues :d

Don't need 50-100 players afk, ESO has enough troubles with 1 raphael afk for hours.
oranges.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

In other words, the answer to Kaiserklein's second question is simply yes.
Pay more attention to detail.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@__Uhlan__ is on point. Those who still remember the time around when Ryzon left MS will know how the state of ESO was like when there was both no dedicated maintainer and no automatic restart. We would have to wait days and bombard MS on social channels until someone manually rebooted the ESO servers, only for them to crash again within the same day. The current state looks to be a compromise; no manual maintenance is being done on the servers, so they crash fairly often, however, automatic restart is in place, so we only have to wait minutes for it to get back up and running again.

Edit: actually, I'm talking about it like some kind of a foreign thing, while it's basically the topic of this entire thread which was made at that very time.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

EAGLEMUT wrote:@__Uhlan__ is on point. Those who still remember the time around when Ryzon left MS will know how the state of ESO was like when there was both no dedicated maintainer and no automatic restart. We would have to wait days and bombard MS on social channels until someone manually rebooted the ESO servers, only for them to crash again within the same day. The current state looks to be a compromise; no manual maintenance is being done on the servers, so they crash fairly often, however, automatic restart is in place, so we only have to wait minutes for it to get back up and running again.

Edit: actually, I'm talking about it like some kind of a foreign thing, while it's basically the topic of this entire thread which was made at that very time.

yeah, i happen to run a few servers for a living atm, so most of this stuff i know fairly well.