lol... everyone laughed when I mentioned server upgrades and AoE4 2 years ago...

France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Re: lol... everyone laughed when I mentioned server upgrades and AoE4 2 years ago...

Post by Aykin Haraka »

this could be your garden
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: lol... everyone laughed when I mentioned server upgrades and AoE4 2 years ago...

Post by Hazza54321 »

i knew aoe4 was coming out when i was a fetus #iknowsomethingyoudont
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

u r going 2 annoy aiz again
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

you must be right. I trust your sources
Turkey Gafur
Skirmisher
ESO: Gafur

Post by Gafur »

I dont care about aoe4 looking company of heroes 3. Gimme the aoe3DE news.
mentally healthy
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

LOL! Everyone laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian. They aren't laughing now.

Thank you, Interjection!!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Age of Vietnam War cuntfirmt
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I'm not gonna lie, this looks very good

Look at that ground texture with careful lighting for every rock piece, which shows they already have bump maps for those textures.
The trees' 3d modelling is also way more complex and detailed compared to AOE3 models.

This is quality work. I'm looking forward to seeing units and their mechanics, because that's the most important thing in a game.

If it gets delayed so much, it means they want to get a high quality product, so they're not rushing it. But then again, never underestimate Microsoft's capacity to blow it. :smile:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

How is this even slightly credible though? It's a link to a Reddit post by a throwaway account claiming he had permission to post it, which:
- Why would anyone from MS give them permission to post this?
- If they have permission, then why a throwaway?
- If they had permission, why did they take such a crappy picture?

It just looks like someone's desktop background..
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's a leak, dude, what permission...
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Dolan wrote:It's a leak, dude, what permission...

Exactly, which makes it particularly fishy that the poster says he had "permission".
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Dolan wrote:It's a leak, dude, what permission...
I know.. But he said he had permission. There goes his credibility, right?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Where does he say that?

That's how you do a leak, you post on a throwaway account. You can't post this stuff officially, because of legal implications with Microsoft. The work is not your property so you don't get to decide how and when it's shown to the public.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I know that's how you do leaks. But it's also how you troll a community, and him saying he had permission puts it into the second category.
https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe4/comments/ ... dium=web2x
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well, yeah, it's vague enough to not attract any legal liability.

"Was allowed" means there's no information linking the image to anything specific enough for Microsoft to ask Reddit to take it down. Or maybe his colleagues were aware he took a screenshot and was gonna share it, and they said ok as long as it doesn't have anything too specific to link them to it.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Heck, someone from Microsoft might have agreed to this leak, simply because the game is being delayed so much, they need to throw the community some crumbs.. to keep them all fired up.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Possible. Or he's just a troll. Then again, who would lie on the internet? :hmm:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I've seen this guy IllusionTek before on other AOE sites and he didn't seem to bs.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

** INSIDER UPDATE **

I just got this email from an anonymous source at Microsoft. It's nothing but a pic, but the title says "AOE4 lol".

It looks like there are some units on the bottom.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

That looks like Plitvice lakes
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Shit they're taking pics in there. Looks like aoe4 is doomed to failure. Why skip ww1 and ww2...
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Idk modern warfare is pretty fun too. It's a battle of who is most successful at writing messages on social media to get a narcissist dumbass elected in their opponent's government. With research like "Polling data" which tells you what kind of fear mongering their people respond to best, and "Bots" which multiplies the impact of each of your messages by your gold count.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Age to 5 and fill your enemies colony with narcissist dumbasses
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

SMH l2use screenshot OMG