Treaty Fanpatch: Release & Discussion Thread

No Flag _PI
Crossbow

Treaty Fanpatch: Release & Discussion Thread

Post by _PI »

Hello everyone,

I've been busy with work and gone for a little while as a result. However, I am back with a new initial round of changes. There's still been some active discussion around other changes (you can look at the balance thread for some of the key points). Given that there is still some disagreement on specifics, I have accumulated the changes I believe are the most consistently agreed upon and "least invasive". Depending on the results we get from these changes I'll be available on weekends to keep making tweaks.

Please use this thread for discussing changes around this patch as well as Treaty Balance in general. As possible (since my time is more limited lately), please periodically try to roll up the general consensus thoughts so I can get a "readers digest" version when I have time to work on things. That'll help speed up the rate at which I can get things out on weekends.

Since updating the original patch notes constantly is a bit time-consuming, I'll be keeping an ongoing change log as we release versions now. Each set of changes will be saved in the Change Log.

Change Log: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14Q_ ... sp=sharing
Original Patch Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rsm ... sp=sharing
Current Patch Version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cxxde ... npatch.zip
All Versions: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/244b1c7991hb7/TR_FP

Edit: Latest Treaty Patch Version Here: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=7148
Last edited by _NiceKING_ on 12 Oct 2016, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Info update
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Re: Treaty Fanpatch: Release & Discussion Thread

Post by InsectPoison »

_PI wrote:Hello everyone,

I've been busy with work and gone for a little while as a result. However, I am back with a new initial round of changes. There's still been some active discussion around other changes (you can look at the balance thread for some of the key points). Given that there is still some disagreement on specifics, I have accumulated the changes I believe are the most consistently agreed upon and "least invasive". Depending on the results we get from these changes I'll be available on weekends to keep making tweaks.

Please use this thread for discussing changes around this patch as well as Treaty Balance in general. As possible (since my time is more limited lately), please periodically try to roll up the general consensus thoughts so I can get a "readers digest" version when I have time to work on things. That'll help speed up the rate at which I can get things out on weekends.

Since updating the original patch notes constantly is a bit time-consuming, I'll be keeping an ongoing change log as we release versions now. Each set of changes will be saved in the Change Log.

Change Log: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14Q_ ... sp=sharing
Original Patch Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rsm ... sp=sharing
Current Patch Version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cxxde ... npatch.zip
All Versions: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/244b1c7991hb7/TR_FP

Great! Keep up the good work, we all appreciate it very much. I like the fact you added food silos for ottos, now their eco will be good . Also good job on nerfing the explorer card that was still too op . And also good job on not letting russian musks make blockhouses etc since that was way too op if the player ran around.

Edit 1: National redoubt card still says that musk can build blockhouses etc, no mention of forts.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Awesome, thanks!
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

Cant really understand The nerf of start armys its was fine .
No Flag ramsey101
Crossbow

Post by ramsey101 »

Yo PI,

My friends list got messed up after installing the treaty FP. I can not add friends anymore. I get "Unspecified Error " Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks,
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

ramsey101 wrote:Yo PI,

My friends list got messed up after installing the treaty FP. I can not add friends anymore. I get "Unspecified Error " Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks,

That has nothing to do with the patch. Thanks to these amazing new servers, whenever your friends list is full and you try to add someone, you get "unspecified error" instead of the proper "your friends list is full" error. Just remove someone and you'll be able to add people again.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Good work into it. I will defenitely try it, Thanks!
China paddy_jai
Skirmisher

Post by paddy_jai »

why the ckn and iron flail cav combo cost coin? none of the two units costs coin
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

paddy_jai wrote:why the ckn and iron flail cav combo cost coin? none of the two units costs coin

Yea, this is weird. It must be changed to 735 food.
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

paddy_jai wrote:why the ckn and iron flail cav combo cost coin? none of the two units costs coin

Americans never made arrow and bow themselves, they always bought from britain, so you are right they need gold not wood, thats what you get when americans design a chineese civ.

PS: they are removing wood costs
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
No Flag _PI
Crossbow

Post by _PI »

hunter wrote:

Americans never made arrow and bow themselves, they always bought from britain, so you are right they need gold not wood, thats what you get when americans design a chineese civ.

CKN never costed wood. They only cost food. I left it as food/coin because I felt it was a better option than just making it cost food. In addition, if I made it cost pure food, it'd make increasing the price for Old Han wonky because only a portion of the food cost should be boosted by 50%.
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

_PI wrote:
hunter wrote:

CKN never costed wood. They only cost food. I left it as food/coin because I felt it was a better option than just making it cost food. In addition, if I made it cost pure food, it'd make increasing the price for Old Han wonky because only a portion of the food cost should be boosted by 50%.
well you can't produce ONLY CKN, you need combo and every combo that ckn costs need wood, so what I meant was you were changing it to more viable options and removing all the wood costs which is true except for old han
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
No Flag ramsey101
Crossbow

Post by ramsey101 »

Thanks Dicktator :P
No Flag _PI
Crossbow

Post by _PI »

hunter wrote:
_PI wrote:
Show hidden quotes

well you can't produce ONLY CKN, you need combo and every combo that ckn costs need wood, so what I meant was you were changing it to more viable options and removing all the wood costs which is true except for old han

Huh? Standard Army never costed wood, even before. You would usually make Standard Army even though Steppe were terrible because you could conserve wood, unless you needed pikes then you made Old Han. But in some cases you could use double cav instead to conserve the wood bank, since it'd buffer smaller cav pushes.

We haven't removed wood costs from CKN anywhere.
Ukraine ryanprice
Crossbow
ESO: RyanPrice

Post by ryanprice »

Could you create a tactic for Cetan Bows and Arrow Knights that would allow them to attack buildings only?
Sup players are more handsome
No Flag atiq629
Musketeer

Post by atiq629 »

ryanprice wrote:Could you create a tactic for Cetan Bows and Arrow Knights that would allow them to attack buildings only?

Why would he do that? Cetan bow and arrow knights are also used for taking out artillary so only attacking buildings would make them pointless.
Ukraine ryanprice
Crossbow

Post by ryanprice »

atiq629 wrote:
ryanprice wrote:Could you create a tactic for Cetan Bows and Arrow Knights that would allow them to attack buildings only?

Why would he do that? Cetan bow and arrow knights are also used for taking out artillary so only attacking buildings would make them pointless.

It´s just a tactic. Like defensive mode, cover mode etc.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Then siege elephants too plz!
No Flag atiq629
Musketeer

Post by atiq629 »

ryanprice wrote:
atiq629 wrote:

It´s just a tactic. Like defensive mode, cover mode etc.

Why dont you just micro them like everyone else.
Ukraine ryanprice
Crossbow

Post by ryanprice »

Because these civs have a disadvantage comparing to european civs. This tactic would make possible to counter Sioux teepees with Aztecs, for example.
No Flag atiq629
Musketeer

Post by atiq629 »

ryanprice wrote:Because these civs have a disadvantage comparing to european civs. This tactic would make possible to counter Sioux teepees with Aztecs, for example.

Sioux is a Aztec direct counter, ofc its very hard for aztec to beat them, aztec shouldnt be fighting them in the first place anyway.
Also european civs are meant to be stronger than native civs except iro maybe.
Ukraine ryanprice
Crossbow

Post by ryanprice »

atiq629 wrote:
ryanprice wrote:Because these civs have a disadvantage comparing to european civs. This tactic would make possible to counter Sioux teepees with Aztecs, for example.

Sioux is a Aztec direct counter, ofc its very hard for aztec to beat them, aztec shouldnt be fighting them in the first place anyway.
Also european civs are meant to be stronger than native civs except iro maybe.

Why are they meant to be stronger? The aim of the patch is to remove the imbalance, isn´t it?
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

It is, just select all your arrow knights with a double click and right-click on teepees
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

that's not as easy as with mortars :santa:
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01