Ninja

Re: Saturday Smackdown: Status Update

Post by iNcog »

we need fresh blood

it's called marketing during steam sales & having a good esoc patch / launcher
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Thanks Zuta! The SS really helped in keeping the community together for the last few years.
You're a great personality and AOE3 needs you. I hope to see more casting from you in future :)
Image Image Image
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

zuta 4 president
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Thank you for a very good job and many enjoyable smackdowns Zuta and Inter. All good things must end sometimes. Looking forward to your next casted events :flowers:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
United States of America gro74
Crossbow
ESO: gro74

Post by gro74 »

Any possibility of doing the Zuta vs Inter smackdown with Aiz and Mitoe as casters? That would be a great "season finale" since it would be more laid back and regular smackdown viewers will love it :biggrin:
Every man has his own way of eating yogurt.
United States of America illusioNtEk
Skirmisher
ESO: illusioNtEk

Post by illusioNtEk »

Can someone explain what Saturday smack down is to noobs like me?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

illusioNtEk wrote:Can someone explain what Saturday smack down is to noobs like me?

A match between 2 high level players (bo7) casted by zuta and inter every saturday evening.
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

You know ss is getting shit when Kaiserklein plays in it
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

Method_man714 wrote:You know ss is getting shit when Kaiserklein plays in it

not when I beat him in the next smack..

#thankszuta
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

look wrote:

#thankszuta

You playing 2 smackdowns in a row? but you're so bad.
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Method_man714 wrote:
look wrote:

#thankszuta

You playing 2 smackdowns in a row? but you're so bad.

there can be only one king...
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Yeah I understand that's boring for you when there isn't monstertruck :(
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Rikikipu wrote:

Yeah I understand that's boring for you when there isn't monstertruck :(

garja>monstertruck
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag abbadan
Skirmisher

Post by abbadan »

Gotta give LOVE where it's deserved. If it weren't for the SmackDown - which I don't remember how I hit, but it was serendipitous - I wouldn't have come to ESOC and wouldn't have grown (to the extent I have...LOL) as a player. I've really enjoyed them, the games AND the commentary, & I'll miss them, but if you gotta move on, you gotta move on...
Power to You, PeaceOut
No Flag abbadan
Skirmisher

Post by abbadan »

gro74 wrote:Any possibility of doing the Zuta vs Inter smackdown with Aiz and Mitoe as casters? That would be a great "season finale" since it would be more laid back and regular smackdown viewers will love it :biggrin:

Would be massively cool (unless one of you is embarassingly better than the other...)
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

abbadan wrote:
gro74 wrote:Any possibility of doing the Zuta vs Inter smackdown with Aiz and Mitoe as casters? That would be a great "season finale" since it would be more laid back and regular smackdown viewers will love it :biggrin:

Would be massively cool (unless one of you is embarassingly better than the other...)

Seconded! Please make this happen!
Australia legion
Crossbow

Post by legion »

Thanks Zuta! always enjoyed your analysis on the game, learnt a lot from your commentaries. I think a finale with Zuta vs Inter BO7 should definitely happen.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

abbadan wrote:

Well zuta is far better than inter...
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

Post by drumal »

Damn... no more Zuterjection and Smack :( I miss them already
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Zuta is not gone, theres no need to miss him yet:

"All that aside, I do plan on continuing casting, just on a less frequent time schedule."
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

But, like he said, it's the end of some era. Therefore we have a right to express our sadness and misery!
Maybe Inter should have some handicap... Or they could play on nilla, where Spain is OP and there's no Japan xD
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

it's hara kiri time
Garja wrote:
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I would just like to give thanks to all that you, Inter, H2O and Veni have done for me with their frequent casts and especially the post-smackdown replay analyses. Frankly, you guys are the only reason why I stopped playing against the Ai and moved up to bigger and better things in AOE. You guys have fed my love for Age of empires, and Zuta, it relly couldnt have been without you. Your faithful streams kept the community together even almost 11 years down the line, and are one of the biggest reasons why Amhaye and Mitoe came together to start ESOC and the Spring Tournament. Thank you for all that you have done, and I hope to see you pop on twitch on Saturday afternoons in the future. :)
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Zutazuta wrote:I've been deciding for a few weeks whether or not to make this post, and today I made my decision. I'm putting an indefinite hold on Saturday Smackdown. For those who have been following for awhile, this probably is expected, but I figured I would make a post explaining my decision.

I've always told myself that I would continue to do the event as long as I was having fun doing it. For the better part of two years, I have really enjoyed hosting the event. Recently, however I've found that the fire I once had for Smackdown is no longer present and as a result, the quality of my own casting and the event in general have degraded significantly. In addition, the common problems of finding players and co-casters, maintaining an ESO connection, and having a working high end PC and internet connection puts added pressure on the days of casts, especially on the single day of the week I actually consider a "day off."

All that aside, I do plan on continuing casting, just on a less frequent time schedule. I plan to host smaller, more spread out events which I'll announce on this forum. These events will be more well organized with pre-selected set of players and casters for the whole event. I also am hoping that with less of a time commitment on Saturdays that I'll find myself doing more informal streams just for fun.

I consider this an end of an era (for me personally) and as such want to thank some people, without whom, Smackdown would have never been possible.

@Aizamk and @Garja
Without you two, Smackdown would have never existed in it's current format. Smackdown and the competitive scene owes it's existence to you two.

@Interjection
My faithful co-caster. Absolutely.

@_H2O @Mitoe @Goodspeed @musketeer925 @91 @iNcog @MCJim @Buckethead @tilanus @edeholland @Mr_Bramboy @DivineFire and anyone else who has helped make, mod, and promote this site
The community lives because of you guys. Be proud of that.

All the players, Smackdown would have been really boring if we only ever watched @Aizamk and @Mitoe (although sometimes it feels like we tried)

And finally, the viewers. I would have quit ages ago if there wasn't someone to talk to. For anyone who ever tuned in, my public speaking skills will forever be in your debt.

It's time for a break; thanks for reading and thanks for watching!

Will other people continue the format? Would they be allowed to?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

bobabu wrote:
Zutazuta wrote:I've been deciding for a few weeks whether or not to make this post, and today I made my decision. I'm putting an indefinite hold on Saturday Smackdown. For those who have been following for awhile, this probably is expected, but I figured I would make a post explaining my decision.

I've always told myself that I would continue to do the event as long as I was having fun doing it. For the better part of two years, I have really enjoyed hosting the event. Recently, however I've found that the fire I once had for Smackdown is no longer present and as a result, the quality of my own casting and the event in general have degraded significantly. In addition, the common problems of finding players and co-casters, maintaining an ESO connection, and having a working high end PC and internet connection puts added pressure on the days of casts, especially on the single day of the week I actually consider a "day off."

All that aside, I do plan on continuing casting, just on a less frequent time schedule. I plan to host smaller, more spread out events which I'll announce on this forum. These events will be more well organized with pre-selected set of players and casters for the whole event. I also am hoping that with less of a time commitment on Saturdays that I'll find myself doing more informal streams just for fun.

I consider this an end of an era (for me personally) and as such want to thank some people, without whom, Smackdown would have never been possible.

@Aizamk and @Garja
Without you two, Smackdown would have never existed in it's current format. Smackdown and the competitive scene owes it's existence to you two.

@Interjection
My faithful co-caster. Absolutely.

@_H2O @Mitoe @Goodspeed @musketeer925 @91 @iNcog @MCJim @Buckethead @tilanus @edeholland @Mr_Bramboy @DivineFire and anyone else who has helped make, mod, and promote this site
The community lives because of you guys. Be proud of that.

All the players, Smackdown would have been really boring if we only ever watched @Aizamk and @Mitoe (although sometimes it feels like we tried)

And finally, the viewers. I would have quit ages ago if there wasn't someone to talk to. For anyone who ever tuned in, my public speaking skills will forever be in your debt.

It's time for a break; thanks for reading and thanks for watching!

Will other people continue the format? Would they be allowed to?
Bobabu will be hosting new Saturday smackdown