Darwin recorded games

Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Darwin recorded games

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

Lol im not sure if there are personal reasons at hand or whether its about really judging play here.

Imo Darwin wasnt like top, but he was a very good player with Russia, beating good players and harder civs as well.

And soldier i have no idea where your comment comes from. Ye Somppu has good russia sure, having played 90% rus or so as well. But as been said its a different time period. Darwin adapted quite good in that time vs builds thrown to him, would like to see him play again. I think he and Somppu are similar or in fact Darwin still a bit better due to decision making in general.
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Darwin recorded games

Post by SoldieR »

Some of you guys keep saying "in his time, in his time" well when the hell was his time? If it wasn't 2010 when many stopped playing (myself,flooky, Sam, alwasim, maceanator) like who the hell was still playing? I feel like at that time I couldn't even find games. Who was still around after that AiUS (or w/e) tourney?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Darwin recorded games

Post by Garja »

the same players that play now+ more from the japanese community
Image Image Image
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Darwin recorded games

Post by princeofkabul »

venividivici wrote:Lol im not sure if there are personal reasons at hand or whether its about really judging play here.

Imo Darwin wasnt like top, but he was a very good player with Russia, beating good players and harder civs as well.

And soldier i have no idea where your comment comes from. Ye Somppu has good russia sure, having played 90% rus or so as well. But as been said its a different time period. Darwin adapted quite good in that time vs builds thrown to him, would like to see him play again. I think he and Somppu are similar or in fact Darwin still a bit better due to decision making in general.

Also Darwin knew countless of russian builds in general and executed them very well. Somppu''s russia has been the same all or nothing style pretty much always. Now he said to me that he started to play diffirent type of russian cause he loses certain mu''s too often.Im not here to bash him don''t get me wrong. He''s very good IRL friend of mine and we both improved quite much playing eachother hundreds of times. Tho i was the one who teached him. He still listens my wisdow. (Im his sensei). And then again I got my knowledge about the game from Fard, Veni and BS. ^^
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Darwin recorded games

Post by deleted_user0 »

venividivici wrote:Ye Somppu has good russia sure, having played 90% rus or so as well.
Actually, I have played like 30-35% of all my games with Russia. Lately, mostly russia though.

I don''t want to compare my and Darwins skills because we have never even played each other. But our BO''s are surely similar in land maps. On water maps Darwin seems to focus more and do earlier fish booms than I do.
France benj89
Howdah

Darwin recorded games

Post by benj89 »

soldier can't you just check elo between 2010-2013 and see who he played?
you refer to some players playing in 2009 that from what Ive seen wheren't any better for sure than some many darwin bashed later
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Darwin recorded games

Post by WickedCossack »

garja wrote:the same players that play now+ more from the japanese community

Yea just looking through his elo atm and looks like the jp community was holding strong, he played a lot with tombo_, snsjack, holybackeye, takuman, shmras, nobumanteikoku all when they were 42+. Plus a lot of other 37-42 jp''s like vishnu, calvis, roadofhope, kympapanda, boneng, buakaw, nagayumi, mikawanosika, seath, tonkatu, setugen, lunaria etc

It seems there was a "standout" player missing from his time so that''s why he''s being discredited. But the general level of pr35-45 was very good.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Darwin recorded games

Post by deleted_user0 »

only h2o is doing that, because well, he does that to everyone who played after 2008 wcg :P and gs is gs...
France benj89
Howdah

Darwin recorded games

Post by benj89 »

dude those guys didn't post thousands of ego post on rts and don't even have the expert tag there -- they must suck
(the guy you mentioned alwasim was a known cheater on twc btw :s)
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Darwin recorded games

Post by Goodspeed »

umeu wrote:only h2o is doing that, because well, he does that to everyone who played after 2008 wcg :P and gs is gs...
Why is my name suddenly ITT
Also not true about H2O, he gives credit where it''s due. There is just an abnormal amount of fuss about Darwin relative to his skill level.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Darwin recorded games

Post by deleted_user0 »

well, i didnt mean that he is actually wrong in what he says, but he looks at it from a different perspective. obviously when you played in 2008 vs grunt, your idea of who is good and who isnt is going to differ.
No Flag darwin
Musketeer

Darwin recorded games

Post by darwin »

iamsoldier wrote:Just look up my games vs him..19-9 vs him, 5-1 my fren vs his Russia. Somp is better
(puke) 2010
I was like what a major/liut col back then? :eyecrazy:
but whateva floats your boat bro ')
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Darwin recorded games

Post by SoldieR »

Well that's where u were when more ppl played, even so, our last three games u were pr40 and I won 3-0.

Anyway, like gs said, no one is saying you are bad, just abnormal amount of fuss towards someone pr~42 max.

If that's you tho, I hope you ate back to play, tho you might have been a dick, you were always down to play
No Flag darwin
Musketeer

Darwin recorded games

Post by darwin »

iamsoldier wrote:Well that''s where u were when more ppl played, even so, our last three games u were pr40 and I won 3-0.

Anyway, like gs said, no one is saying you are bad, just abnormal amount of fuss towards someone pr~42 max.

If that''s you tho, I hope you ate back to play, tho you might have been a dick, you were always down to play
In 2010 I lost to so many people and I hadn''t built a bulletproof strat vs most euro civs at the time. 2-3 years of gameplay makes a HUGE difference when it comes to skill. I would have loved to play vs you on my prime.

And the fuss (I think) happened because I was a unique player who focused only Russia and made it to the top of the ladder. Not one person has done that before me, so it kind of sets me apart from you guys even though players like h20/gs/samwise etc are better than me in general' and what ultimately made me popular.
No Flag darwin
Musketeer

Darwin recorded games

Post by darwin »

hazza54321 wrote:As russia is my favourite civ, i was wondering if anyone knew if and where some of darwins recorded games might be. Thanks.
Hey mate, I have my old recs on RTS but some of those recs weren''t from my prime. Some players have their personal recs vs me saved up, and have not been posted. I personally don''t have any recs anymore, I got a new comp, my old one was broken. But don''t limit yourself to just my recs, you can watch blackstar''s, goodspeed''s, etc :)
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Darwin recorded games

Post by Hazza54321 »

darwin wrote:
hazza54321 wrote:As russia is my favourite civ, i was wondering if anyone knew if and where some of darwins recorded games might be. Thanks.
Hey mate, I have my old recs on RTS but some of those recs werent from my prime. Some players have their personal recs vs me saved up, and have not been posted. I personally dont have any recs anymore, I got a new comp, my old one was broken. But dont limit yourself to just my recs, you can watch blackstars, goodspeeds, etc :)
Cheers bud, yeah ive been enjoying some of your recordings on RTS sanc. Do you think youll ever come back to the game?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Darwin recorded games

Post by Jaeger »

darwin wrote:
iamsoldier wrote:Well thats where u were when more ppl played, even so, our last three games u were pr40 and I won 3-0.

If thats you tho, I hope you ate back to play, tho you might have been a dick, you were always down to play
In 2010 I lost to so many people and I hadnt built a bulletproof strat vs most euro civs at the time. 2-3 years of gameplay makes a HUGE difference when it comes to skill. I would have loved to play vs you on my prime.

And the fuss (I think) happened because I was a unique player who focused only Russia and made it to the top of the ladder. Not one person has done that before me, so it kind of sets me apart from you guys even though players like h20/gs/samwise etc are better than me in general' and what ultimately made me popular.

What were some of your bulletproof strategies? Im curious to how they compare to blackstar, I think he said vs french he does 5 coss 700w 700g, and vs german I dont remember but it was something with a crate shipment first i think, looked like it was for like a 7-8 minute push.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Darwin recorded games

Post by deleted_user »

Hazza54321 wrote:As russia is my favourite civ, i was wondering if anyone knew if and where some of darwins recorded games might be. Thanks.

I have them yea. just pm me
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

deleted_user wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:As russia is my favourite civ, i was wondering if anyone knew if and where some of darwins recorded games might be. Thanks.

Can i have some please
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Hazza54321 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

Can i have some please

yea sure
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Patience paying off it seems
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
China _JDK_solarwind
Crossbow
ESO: solar_wind

Post by _JDK_solarwind »

I have a dozens of DG's Russia recorded games, if you need, I can send them to you through email. I'm also a Russian player, I play Russia ONLY.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@_JDK_solarwind sounds like you should join the upcoming tournament. it's a one-civ tournament, so you pick your civilization before the tournament starts by messaging @QueenOfdestiny and that is the only one you play throughout the event. would be a good playing field for your russia!
China _JDK_solarwind
Crossbow
ESO: solar_wind

Post by _JDK_solarwind »

Cometk wrote:@_JDK_solarwind sounds like you should join the upcoming tournament. it's a one-civ tournament, so you pick your civilization before the tournament starts by messaging @QueenOfdestiny and that is the only one you play throughout the event. would be a good playing field for your russia!

Really? Did you mean New Year's Classic Tournament?
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@_JDK_solarwind yes, the New Year's Classic Tournament is a one-civilization tournament ;)