E3 2016. New Age Of Empires.

What do you think Microsoft will show on E3 2016?

Age of Empires Mobile
19%
Age of Empires 4
51%
Age of Empires 2 Expansion
4%
Age of Empires 3 Expansion
14%
Age of Mythology Expansion
1%
Age of Empires I HD
10%

Total votes: 90

No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Re: E3 2016. New Age Of Empires.

Post by hunter »

Well anything is possible.

1) you can have base like structure with space or spawn points to build few buildings. So for every minion kill you get say x amount of gold and for every hero kill you get y amount of gold. For few gold you can build buildings which spawn units like musketeer in addition to minions from tower but stronger than them. So it will add an strategic aspect of base building. While all those units will be AI controlled like minions, Heroes can be given some abilities to enhance and maximize the efficiency of these units. Another strategic side will be if one side builds Hussar base and other buildings build skirmisher base, the team with hussar base will be at advantage etc.
2) Heroes will be the normal aoe characters with abilities like eye of assassin and all etc.
3) There will be native buildings in middle of map which enhances units, or heroes, or spawns units, or heals your units, or is tower like structure, or enables peace treaty or just gives you gold etc...
4) The buildings in the base can be upgraded after perquisites to upgrade units like veteran musketeers etc...

I think that would be a nice blend of strategic base building and unit composition which are some aspects of AOE along with some MOBA style gameplay. what do you think?
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

I think they will announce aoe IV, set in world war 1, to ride off Battlefield 1's hype.
Error 404: Signature not found
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

People have been "sure" and had "proof" of the imminent release of AoE4 since at least 2008. I'll believe it when I see it. I also knew it was only a matter of time before someone trotted out that little book with the pictures. Let me say this - a game book that was released before Ensemble was shut down is proof of nothing.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Sure, but it's always some sort or hint, right?
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Papist wrote:People have been "sure" and had "proof" of the imminent release of AoE4 since at least 2008. I'll believe it when I see it. I also knew it was only a matter of time before someone trotted out that little book with the pictures. Let me say this - a game book that was released before Ensemble was shut down is proof of nothing.

It's not proof that age4 will exist, it just gives a hint to what it might be if it exists

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Tbh most rumours have been right: aoeo, aoe2hd, aoe expansion, even aom hd had a rumour surrounding it I believe. and castle siege did so too right.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

This is the age of corporate remakes, my generation wants its childhood keep up, make the game, make it great. In fact, we can monopolize on current fandom and call the game just that "Age of Corporate Remakes: making gaming great again. it will be HUUUUge!
Great Britain JOESEPPE
Musketeer

Post by JOESEPPE »

my dad says and he would know ...that bill gates loves us ...but no presents for us because we don't teach noobs to play
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

where's da teasah at
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

June 14th to 16th should be when we get more details.

Fingers crossed!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Dont get your hopes up. Remember aoeo :p
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I think Microsoft presents on the 14th at 12:30 est
mad cuz bad
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Jerom wrote:Dont get your hopes up. Remember aoeo :p

Let's be fair though, AoEO had some good concepts going for it.

The pay-model was bad and multiplayer needed to be right from the get-go. There was only a crappy lobby system/online interface. The game itself was a little too simple (basically simplified AoC isn't enough).

Otherwise some very sound ideas. Good idea to go back to AoC roots, good idea to have cities, good idea to let people build up those cities in an interesting way. Afaik even after a bit, multiplayer ended up being better.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

AOEo wasn't bad gameplay wise. Needed some tweaks for sure (unit train time/cost, civ balance, map tweaking, more enphasis on micro, etc.) but wasn't bad.
It was kinda bad graphic wise, since every object was basically a little blob and cartoon graphics don't help either.
Image Image Image
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Afaik it wasn't bad gameplay wise, mostly because it was a remake of AoC which was fundamentally good and fun. It works out OK but doesn't bring anything new or exciting to the table.

Like, the HC mechanic in AoE3 is definitely something I would regard as new and exciting and it really does shape up AoE3 as a game.

AOEO had nothing like that, at least from when I played it. Which is like a few weeks and then nothing more, I guess.
Garja wrote:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I'd personally never play a game with such awful graphics :O
n0eL wrote:I think Microsoft presents on the 14th at 12:30 est

It was said that there would be a teaser/trailer.
Bavaria swedenpaul
Crossbow

Post by swedenpaul »

yoqpasa wrote:Microsoft? Then pick the worst option available. Age of Castle Siege, AO2 4k, AOEO2, AOE2 for Xbox 1... The posibilities are countless.

Hahah perfect dude xD that's it!
"If you want a perfectly balanced game, play chess." - Metis
Bavaria swedenpaul
Crossbow

Post by swedenpaul »

Gichtenlord wrote:For the sake of having a new quality aoe game, they should have sold it to blizzard in the first place :P

What is blizzard?
"If you want a perfectly balanced game, play chess." - Metis
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

swedenpaul wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:For the sake of having a new quality aoe game, they should have sold it to blizzard in the first place :P

What is blizzard?

Game developer :biggrin:
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

swedenpaul wrote:

What is blizzard?

a snow storm
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

swedenpaul wrote:

What is blizzard?

card in hearthstone
r]
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

swedenpaul wrote:

What is blizzard?

A place in California, USA
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:It is just a rumor for now. If a teaser with some Age of Empires related content comes, then we can start calling it a leak.

Its more than a rumor. I have a source that confirmed the same thing over a year ago.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lordraphael wrote:
pecelot wrote:
sdsanft wrote:link? evidence? i wont believe til i see it.

iNcog wrote:link/ source?!

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/commen ... ter_today/

Papist wrote:AOM Chinese expansion

(„Tale of the Dragon")

Gichtenlord wrote:Just wont happen. Imo, aoe3 is the least interesting classic aoe game for the mainstream, while something like aoe1 remake would get more attention

Totally agree.

noissance wrote:Probably a mobile game or age 3 expansion. If they do decide to make age4, idk what era it could be... Maybe world war 1? like battlefield?

Remember this one?
It's I legit picture from the official AoE art book (released after 2005), one of which I own :P

Jerom wrote:I think a new aoe2/aom expansion seem more interesting in that case, especially since aoe3 is relatively modern thus would require "effort" to properly develope, while its easy to live up to aoe2 standards.

They've just released new expansions for both games, I think it's rather unlikely to make a new one in such a short period of time. AoE2 now has 13+5+5+4 civs :O

ye i know that one but if they were to annnounce a new game it wont be a ww-rts. People dont want this. Really no one wants a ww-rts game. It would probably be a remake of aoe 2 IMO. Hugely dissapointed if it would be located anywhere after the 19th century .

I loved company of heroes OG. I would love a ww1 rts :p but ye most ppl only want fps which is meh

But thats kinda the problem theyd have to compete with the coh franchise or halo wars for scifi, both arent the strongest brands, and halo wars is their own shit... And ofc sc2
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

There should be a special edition with the Game of Thrones universe (Age of Dragons or Age of Hodor). It would attract the mainstream players because of the hype. Then we'd likely have AoE4 !
They'd better be fast or else Total War will steal my awesome idea.