E3 2016. New Age Of Empires.

What do you think Microsoft will show on E3 2016?

Age of Empires Mobile
19%
Age of Empires 4
51%
Age of Empires 2 Expansion
4%
Age of Empires 3 Expansion
14%
Age of Mythology Expansion
1%
Age of Empires I HD
10%

Total votes: 90

Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Re: E3 2016. New Age Of Empires.

Post by _NiceKING_ »

forgrin wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:E3 2016 is starting this Tuesday; hope we will see something reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

MS press conference is Monday (where they announce most games)

yesh that's right
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
Jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:Lets just be real here. There won't be an aoe4 and there won't be an aoe3 expansion. End of story.

The decisive games rumour actually is pretty damned convincing to be honest. Theres a studio making a new strategy game in a beloved franchise that isnt halo. How the hell would that not be age of empires relate precisely?

This E3 rumour thing isn't convincing, but hey, it suits the time at which we are supposed to hear from this decisive games's developements right.
Not really, its a rumor for a reason. And just because it isn't halo doesn't make it aoe3 related. It could be rise of nations related, could be aoe3 related, could be castle siege related. I'll just lord it over all you guys when I'm right and it has nothing to do with aoe3 or aoe4 imo.

euhm, did you read the rumour at all? You probably didnt even read it so I'd suggest you shut up or read it first.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

What the rumor says is irrelevant..... I don't care if it says that Bill Gates has confirmed that aoe4 is happening I still wouldn't believe it.... And I meant aoe2 not aoe3 in the other post
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

So you should probably see yourself out then.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

So much blabbering...
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Jerom wrote:
lordraphael wrote:i just checked the gamestar.de probably germanys biggest website/ magacine concerning video games. A possible aoe didnt even make it in any list. Not even in the list of games which are possible but highly unlikely :O

well lets be honest, they're a shitty site then. I mean the decisive games rumour alone, which btw is pretty likely to be true, should result in aoe making the list of possible but unlikely.

or they know more than jerom the omniscent :O
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:So you should probably see yourself out then.
Can't make me. You're just annoyed because deep down inside you know I'm right but don't want to admit it to yourself. Oh well you'll see tomorrow when absolutely nothing aoe3 or aoe4 is announced.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
Can't make me. You're just annoyed because deep down inside you know I'm right but don't want to admit it to yourself. Oh well you'll see tomorrow when absolutely nothing aoe3 or aoe4 is announced.

I actually think at some point aoe is going to be continued. Aoe2 is so insanely popular that it almost cant be that they wont continue it. aoeo is also only 5 years ago, and they're still investing in the game and community (aoe2 and aom expansions, server update for aoe3). If they wouldnt plan on ever trying to release a new game, then this support seems kinda over the top to me.

And it's almost confirmed that there is a studio working on a microsoft strategy game: "The studio is said to be working on the next chapter in a beloved strategy games franchise. This information comes from a number of job postings on the company’s web site."
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:

I actually think at some point aoe is going to be continued. Aoe2 is so insanely popular that it almost cant be that they wont continue it. aoeo is also only 5 years ago, and they're still investing in the game and community (aoe2 and aom expansions, server update for aoe3). If they wouldnt plan on ever trying to release a new game, then this support seems kinda over the top to me.

And it's almost confirmed that there is a studio working on a microsoft strategy game: "The studio is said to be working on the next chapter in a beloved strategy games franchise. This information comes from a number of job postings on the company’s web site."

Most people in the aoc community will tell you sth different :P. For them the game is dying, or dead already, depending with whom you are talking
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I meant in the sentiment. Haven't I told this before: Within 2 weeks of Aoe2Hd being announce, two friends of me, not even into RTS games or anything, or playing aoe at any moment in time, asked me about that game. I think the interest in a new aoe game is still huge, the sentiment is still there. Aoe2 is one of the favorite games of many people.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:I meant in the sentiment. Haven't I told this before: Within 2 weeks of Aoe2Hd being announce, two friends of me, not even into RTS games or anything, or playing aoe at any moment in time, asked me about that game. I think the interest in a new aoe game is still huge, the sentiment is still there. Aoe2 is one of the favorite games of many people.

Define huge. By gaming standards it's not huge, isn't anywhere close to huge, and won't ever be close to huge, not even a fraction of huge. Huge is dota 2 league of Legends, hearthstone, csgo. And just because two of your friends asked you about it is irrelevant lol. Rts games are mostly dead by gaming standards. People just aren't interested in them. The market for another large (relatively) rts game just doesn't exist. Microsoft isn't stupid. They aren't gonna sink a lot of money into something like that when most of their last Ventures into rts (outside aoe2 HD and expansions) have been complete and utter failures.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Just because it's a niche market doesn't mean MS wouldn't try to conquer it. They have so many resources available they could easily put so much much money and resources into a game that would dethrone sc2 if they wanted to, and maybe that's happening. The video game market is so big nowadays that even a "smaller" niche like RTS is probably still worth half a billion minimum.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Literally every single RTS community in the world circlejerks the ded-gaem meme. Wouldn't pay it much attention.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

THE COUNT DOWN BEGINS

WE'RE GETTING CLOSE TO AOEIV GETTING ANNOUNCED
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

lul. the quote about "continuing a beloved strategy franchise" is the same thing they said with halo wars 2 or w/e
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

i never think microsoft can give us something that is NOT shitty
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

but that's what they did with aoe3
United States of America illusioNtEk
Skirmisher
ESO: illusioNtEk

Post by illusioNtEk »

Today is the day..... hope its a special one
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
Jerom wrote:I meant in the sentiment. Haven't I told this before: Within 2 weeks of Aoe2Hd being announce, two friends of me, not even into RTS games or anything, or playing aoe at any moment in time, asked me about that game. I think the interest in a new aoe game is still huge, the sentiment is still there. Aoe2 is one of the favorite games of many people.

Define huge. By gaming standards it's not huge, isn't anywhere close to huge, and won't ever be close to huge, not even a fraction of huge. Huge is dota 2 league of Legends, hearthstone, csgo. And just because two of your friends asked you about it is irrelevant lol. Rts games are mostly dead by gaming standards. People just aren't interested in them. The market for another large (relatively) rts game just doesn't exist. Microsoft isn't stupid. They aren't gonna sink a lot of money into something like that when most of their last Ventures into rts (outside aoe2 HD and expansions) have been complete and utter failures.

Not really sure why youre comparing modern games to aoe but okay that probably makes sense.

Aoe2 was one of the best games of its time. In the Netherlands it was possibly the best. From my generation, somewhere around 75% has played age of empires at some point in their life. At least from the sort of people I hang out with. There even is an aoe2 meme. You cant tell me this game wasnt huge and widely popular, yet for some reason you are trying to.

The notice that a market simply doesnt exist seem off. First of all, a game doesnt have to be as big as LoL, hearthstone or dota to be succesful. Secondly, I think there is a lot of market for a new rts. Sc2 used to be a very large and active game, I think the numbers might have declined slightly though but Im not sure about that. I believe that a new aoe game could wipe the floor with sc2 or at least do much better. Were quickly getting to the realm of a great game.

Even if you look on steam, aoe3 is very high up the lists of games sold. Aoe2 and the recent expansions seem to have been selling pretty well. There is obviously opportunity for an expansion. They obviously didnt give up on the community after aoe failed, like you seem to basically claim, given new support for aoe2 and our server update.

I dont believe its very likely something will get announced here, I dont know how believable the rumours about decisive games are. What I do know though is that aoe2 has been an immensely popular game and that people still remember the game. I think its just pessimism for being cool with your pessimism to claim its not.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I just hope it won't be something that ends up taking players from AoE2 and 3 while offering nothing in return, like AoEO
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

you're just hoping that age of empires IV is a good game

aaaaawwwwww let us hope and pray
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

how much longerrrrrrr
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

hey, which comes out first, esoc patch or age of empires IV? D:
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

Link of microsoft live E3 please ?