Host Saturday SMACKDOWN or Friday smackdown

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Host Saturday SMACKDOWN or Friday smackdown

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Dsy wrote:He has good knowledge of the game though, just some people try to act like they would be the God of AOE3...

No he does not lol.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:What makes you think Diarouga doesn't respect Interjection? He is literally pointing out facts; Interjection is neither particularly good at nor knowledgable about aoe3. He is a good caster generally speaking though.

Exactly, Diarouga gave some good feedback that most people agree with. If we had the luxury I'd always aim for a hype caster like interjection together with an analist (h2o-like), that's what they actually usually do in big events like sc2 tournaments too and it does create the best dynamic imo. We dont always have that luxury though, especially good hype casters like interjection aren't too plentyful.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Jerom wrote:
zoom wrote:What makes you think Diarouga doesn't respect Interjection? He is literally pointing out facts; Interjection is neither particularly good at nor knowledgable about aoe3. He is a good caster generally speaking though.

Exactly, Diarouga gave some good feedback that most people agree with. If we had the luxury I'd always aim for a hype caster like interjection together with an analist (h2o-like), that's what they actually usually do in big events like sc2 tournaments too and it does create the best dynamic imo. We dont always have that luxury though, especially good hype casters like interjection aren't too plentyful.
Yeah, H2O likes to penetrate enemy lines with his huge bombard.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

I got this started so I feel I need to say something. I am not accusing @diarouga of being an Inter hater, we just disagree on the ideal caster setup for big streams. I personally think someone like Inter (not necessarily him but similar level) would be good to help cast some streams since the rapport of one experienced player clarifying for a less experienced one is good for teaching. I actually think Inter himself isn't ideal for this role since he has little TAD experience.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I think interjections game knowledge improved a lot from the h2o explains stuff too. I thought interjections most recent casting had some really on point insights.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

forgrin wrote:I got this started so I feel I need to say something. I am not accusing @diarouga of being an Inter hater, we just disagree on the ideal caster setup for big streams. I personally think someone like Inter (not necessarily him but similar level) would be good to help cast some streams since the rapport of one experienced player clarifying for a less experienced one is good for teaching. I actually think Inter himself isn't ideal for this role since he has little TAD experience.

That's what I said, we can't have 2 interjection like you+sirmusket, it has to be a good commentator and a good player.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
forgrin wrote:I got this started so I feel I need to say something. I am not accusing @diarouga of being an Inter hater, we just disagree on the ideal caster setup for big streams. I personally think someone like Inter (not necessarily him but similar level) would be good to help cast some streams since the rapport of one experienced player clarifying for a less experienced one is good for teaching. I actually think Inter himself isn't ideal for this role since he has little TAD experience.

That's what I said, we can't have 2 interjection like you+sirmusket, it has to be a good commentator and a good player.

I am completely in agreement with that, me+musket are not an ideal team for big casts.

Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

_H2O wrote:I think interjections game knowledge improved a lot from the h2o explains stuff too. I thought interjections most recent casting had some really on point insights.

How about some more of those then?

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Dsy wrote:He has good knowledge of the game though, just some people try to act like they would be the God of AOE3...

No he does not lol.
Its completely relative imo. He has more game knowledge than probably 99% of people who have ever played the game so it's not unreasonable that some consider him knowledgable.......
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I suppose everything is relative, as some say.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I very much agree with both of the following:
_H2O wrote:I think interjections game knowledge improved a lot from the h2o explains stuff too. I thought interjections most recent casting had some really on point insights.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

Mvp618 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes

like we not look forward to see your advanced mill sending games xD

Aww, you are so cute you evolution denying fool.

your an idiot, you flame me for no reason honestly, and now you pay out breeze , gosh you must have bad life :(
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

zoom wrote:

I suppose everything is relative, as some say.

Inter used to cast games between top players, not only between pr30 guys. We can't ask him to be as good as them but just to understand the meta, and honestly, he doesn't understand the TP meta etc.
If you take sc2 as an example, the casters aren't top players (by that I mean top korean), but they are almost all GM and they know the meta because they try players' bos in ladder and understand the game.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

Would be nice to see inter and zuta back for the next tournament. Any event happening before the future tourn?
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

As somebody whos watched most of the smackdown and tournament streams from the time i was pr 12 up to pr 25, i know that as a lower level player, the zutajection combo worked as it felt that people liked listening into the streams as they like both interjection and zuta for who they are themselves as well as the commentary they brought to the table. I think a few things which inter slipped up on was sometimes missing a bit of the crucial action points in game and also jumping to conclusions too early, my favourite being " 'generic civ' has shipped 700w, deffo going for an eco build" where zuta would be like "hold up a second" both casters kept each other in check and seemed to genuinly be friends with each other which is a huge factor for making a casting duo/trio work so well. Anybody can do a great job casting by commentating what the see out on the field of play so a high pr is not necessary but is preferred. If people have passion for the game and streams then i reckon we should say go for it and try it instead of bashing them for not being a captain+ rank.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Mvp618 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes

like we not look forward to see your advanced mill sending games xD

Aww, you are so cute you evolution denying fool.

lol says the evolution believer xDD
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

@mods
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Stop flaming each other. There is some legitimate discussion in this topic, would hate to close it.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

On topic: We'll have a bunch of exciting news very soon!
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Cool!
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Lmfao no way in hell you can just get to colonel with "no micro". So you just run whatever cav you have at dopps and still win? Sounds legit
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

evilcheadar wrote:Lmfao no way in hell you can just get to colonel with "no micro". So you just run whatever cav you have at dopps and still win? Sounds legit

Let's call it minimal micro lol.
If you just back your cav when pikes attack and a move you'll get colonel with a good game knowledge (I only used a move when I got colonel).
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:Lmfao no way in hell you can just get to colonel with "no micro". So you just run whatever cav you have at dopps and still win? Sounds legit

Let's call it minimal micro lol.
If you just back your cav when pikes attack and a move you'll get colonel with a good game knowledge (I only used a move when I got colonel).

ok but im not totally convinced
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:On topic: We'll have a bunch of exciting news very soon!

YOUR removal from the esoc media team? H2O's resignation?

what was this about lol <_<
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

the thing about Inter IMO is that he wants to do so much cool stuff, but he in fact doesn't even play the game, and when it comes to some basics like recent EP changes or new maps, he seems lost and unprofessional honestly. He is totally inactive on ESOC and doesnt get involved in simple balance discussions, thats why he sometimes seems out of shape in terms of the ,,recent meta". He also doesnt know much about the expansions civs, even the basic information, like wonder bonuses or shipments. It's a shame, because he has a lot of potential and it's really not that hard to check the info in the game and learn it by heart if you're going to cast major events.
So in general I like him a lot, cool guy, but it's awkward when hebshows his lack of knowledge :/