Interested in a Lieutenant/Captain/Major tournament?

You are between PR 20-31 and

would be interested in participating in this tournament
70%
wouldn't be interested in participating in this tournament
5%
smurfs will ruin this event so we shouldn't try
25%

Total votes: 60

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Interested in a Lieutenant/Captain/Major tournament?

Post by Kaiserklein »

Mimsy for President wrote:You misunderstood then. Jerom and I made a list of players that could possibly play this tourney.
[spoiler=list]
Jerom wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:A non-exhaustive list of players I know, that would be eligible to play this tournament :

aenna
aligator92
bwinner
chrisie10101
couprider
farran34
gibson
ibero83
incog
jerom
kokiloki
marco1698
mcjim
mr_bramboy
nn_1850
noel
pezet
rangerxx
rikikipu
sergyou
sircallen
talia
thebritish
the_method_man
xx_boss_xx
yemshi
yoqpasa

macacoAlbino
ovi12
zoi
r4go
hazza54321
purple_squid
RSY
insane_red
erag0n
black_thought
djigit
eaglemut
lemmings121

and others
[/spoiler]
Not everyone is a "friend of ESOC" or whatever you call it in this list

Well you still chose some people for whatever reason while others hat you don't know might want to participate. Why not open inscriptions lol ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:You misunderstood then. Jerom and I made a list of players that could possibly play this tourney.
[spoiler=list]
Show hidden quotes
[/spoiler]

Well you still chose some people for whatever reason while others hat you don't know might want to participate. Why not open inscriptions lol ?

it would be either people we - by we I'm saying any ESOC member - know, either the ones who would sign up (if we can see who entered "interested" in the poll, that would be great), otherwise will have to create another topic. what's wrong with that?
If we don't know the person and he doesn't show interest through ESOC, not sure what'd be the solution here.
Only doing by people we know (anyone could propose a list, I can contact these people as long as they make an ESOC account) would simply make the process easier to eliminate smurfs, that's why it's considered although nothing is final yet
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lol if people can sign up it's fine. But others were talking about participation upon invitation only...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America rickytickitembo
Dragoon
ESO: RickyTickiTembo

Post by rickytickitembo »

Maybe there could be a sign up and then some form of approval?
My favorite donut is chocolate Aiz.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Kaiserklein wrote:
[spoiler=list]
Show hidden quotes
[/spoiler]

Kaiserklein wrote:Lol if people can sign up it's fine. But others were talking about participation upon invitation only...
Yes, for the first edition, it might be purely invitational because of smurfs.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Lol if people can sign up it's fine. But others were talking about participation upon invitation only...

few things: anyone can help organize this. Mimsy just came with the idea and I'm willing to help, but you can be part of it too. I don't have unlimited free time but I'm willing to put a few hours for it, that's all. It is a fun event, supposed to be realistic. However we will have to come up with a decision within the next few days, that's why we are discussing it here.

I suggested signs up because it sounds more fair, however sometimes you have to make unfair choice to come up with realistic decisions. It also really depend on how staff members who organize ASC are willing to integrate this event, that's why I hope one of them will answer in this topic. Either just a small event which give access to top32 of bigger tournament for the top 4 (sign up or invitational or both, I guess some discussion in this thread would be good to figure this out), either garja's option with tourney A and tourney B (in this case it's obvious that anyone would be able to sign up).
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I think since the 32 bigger tournament is invitational anyway, it'f fine for this LCM tournament to be invitational as well
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Think there should be 8 groups of 4 with a captain a major a 2lt and a 1st where the top 2 players go through. Like football winner of group a plays runner up of group b.Its not like lts have no cchance vs majors at all btw
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Why is my name randomly in the poll? Literally all I said was "Enter smurfs". There are plenty of ways you can prevent smurfs from ruining the event.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

that reminds me, i must cajole players into playing strong world
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

Goodspeed wrote:Why is my name randomly in the poll? Literally all I said was "Enter smurfs". There are plenty of ways you can prevent smurfs from ruining the event.

so you wrote "Enter smurfs" and meant "no worries we can deal with smurfs from ruining the event", interesting. Well apologies, I thought you sarcastically wrote that this event would be full of smurf and added one more useless comment to the discussion.
As for now, can't delete it or it will cancel the votes.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Lol I can see why you interpreted it the way you did but I meant beware of smurfs. In the end I don't see how a 2-word comment warrants the use of my name in the poll, I can't have been the only one (along with Bramboy, I guess?) to bring it up.

It's not a problem, people try to put words in my mouth all the time I'm used to it, I just thought it was strange. Why would you even mention anyone's opinion in a poll answer in the first place?

Can't you edit the poll answers? Edit post -> poll creation? I just did anyway
Sweden mamasmurf64
Crossbow
Donator 02

Post by mamasmurf64 »

So what I can take from this thread is that me and my children is yet again not welcome? The intolerance and outright ostracism is getting old...
Jaeger

Goodspeed wrote:Lol I can see why you interpreted it the way you did but I meant beware of smurfs. In the end I don't see how a 2-word comment warrants the use of my name in the poll, I can't have been the only one (along with Bramboy, I guess?) to bring it up.

It's not a problem I just thought it was strange.
Be more specific the next time. :export:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I guess every word I say can and will be used against me huh? Sigh

Maybe my avatar is too serious-looking Image
Jaeger

Goodspeed wrote:I guess every word I say can and will be used against me huh? Sigh
could b
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Goodspeed wrote:Image

wow i thought we'd brought this guy back

then i saw the bbcode

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

We should. Remind me
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

oh i'm sure you'll be reminded Image

i've made sure to spread the gospel in the past 30 minutes, while i have it on my clipboard
Garja wrote:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Goodspeed wrote:Lol I can see why you interpreted it the way you did but I meant beware of smurfs. In the end I don't see how a 2-word comment warrants the use of my name in the poll, I can't have been the only one (along with Bramboy, I guess?) to bring it up.

It's not a problem, people try to put words in my mouth all the time I'm used to it, I just thought it was strange. Why would you even mention anyone's opinion in a poll answer in the first place?

Putting words in your mouth is my favorite pastime.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

at least it's only words Image
Garja wrote:
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

zoom wrote:

Putting words in your mouth is my favorite pastime.

I thought your favorite pastime was putting more than just words in his mouth. ;)
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iNcog wrote:at least it's only words Image
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

How am I going to distinguish GoodSpeed and thebritish if they have the same avatar? The post quality remains the same.

btw editing a poll resets all votes.