If you're going to patch something, patch this

No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

If you're going to patch something, patch this

Post by Zhanson10 »

IMO one of the biggest issues of this game is that skirms don't adequately counter musks. Now, of course you can kite (however you spell it) and whiddle down your opponents musks. True. However, that doesn't always work. Ashigarus, for example, will end up outrunning your skirms, And in a standing fight of equal resources, musks beat skirms. That's right, and I might provide video of gameplay for it soon, proving that in general, musks beat skirms in standing fights. Now, since skirms are supposed to be the counter to heavy infantry like musks, I'm a little outraged. If you're going to patch something, buff skirms so they beat the units theyre supposed to counter in a fair fight.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Re: If you're going to patch something, patch this

Post by Dsy »

You make my day man.:D
Skirmisher is already a strong unit.

But japan has too many upgrades for units which makes them OP until a point of the game. But thats a civ midgame unabalance issue rather than skirmishers in general.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

your troll attempts are not gud
r]
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Ye seriously, all these posts do sound like trolling. It doesn't seem your ideas are proving to be very popular, so you might as well take a break and reconsider your game knowledge.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

#bufffrance
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

#buffffffffffffrance
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

lol the british is back!

#BZ10
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

This guy isnt thebritish.
Thebritish said more strange/idiot things like ashi raid isnt a problem because cassadors has the same speed so you can raid with cassadors too...

This guy has some point even its not correct. I mean thats true that japan ashis get too strong unti a point of the game and they basicly kill everything. But yeah he shouldnt be so loud like now anyway.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

New shitposter confirmed.

It's not thebritish, he would never want skirms to be buffed.

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

#buff lbs
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I think skirms do a fine job of killing HI, its the Light cav where its just a stand still. dragoons should have a melee resist so that skirms can counter them, Because its basically the saem thing for cav vs goons too. If a hand cav gets in close without goon kiting they are basically doing the same damage to each other but the HC has more HP. The goon is not resisting the unit is meant to counter like all other counter units resist is tuned to. That would be like making a new heavy infantry with a range resist. They would be pretty near unbeatable. like how pesky goons are now. Its one of the reasons I love india is that I can make urumi that slaughter big groups of goons.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

There's an arsenal tech called counter infantry rifling that gives +1.0 to bonus vs musketeers ya know...
Crossbows need to be buffed though, 1.3x multiplier is pitiful.
Error 404: Signature not found
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Honestly skirms are just the strongest unit. By strongest, I mean that you won't find any other unit that can get that many free kills by kiting and staying at range. Ofc then some units have better stats (like strelets) or are more mobile (like goons), but I feel like skirms are those units that get the best trades you can dream of, when microed well and well covered. For example it's not worth trying to kill 5 skirms with 50 musks when the skirms are at 20 range, because you will lose like 10 musks when being kited which is worth more than 5 skirms. Does anyone know a unit that can get such insane trades ? (no jinetes plz)
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Kaiserklein wrote:Honestly skirms are just the strongest unit. By strongest, I mean that you won't find any other unit that can get that many free kills by kiting and staying at range. Ofc then some units have better stats (like strelets) or are more mobile (like goons), but I feel like skirms are those units that get the best trades you can dream of, when microed well and well covered. For example it's not worth trying to kill 5 skirms with 50 musks when the skirms are at 20 range, because you will lose like 10 musks when being kited which is worth more than 5 skirms. Does anyone know a unit that can get such insane trades ? (no jinetes plz)

Heavy cannons on strelets, no stagger mode.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Dark templars on vcs, ultralisks 7-3 vs marines 0-0.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

forgrin wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Honestly skirms are just the strongest unit. By strongest, I mean that you won't find any other unit that can get that many free kills by kiting and staying at range. Ofc then some units have better stats (like strelets) or are more mobile (like goons), but I feel like skirms are those units that get the best trades you can dream of, when microed well and well covered. For example it's not worth trying to kill 5 skirms with 50 musks when the skirms are at 20 range, because you will lose like 10 musks when being kited which is worth more than 5 skirms. Does anyone know a unit that can get such insane trades ? (no jinetes plz)

If strelets are guard (they should since heavies are involved) I'm not even sure it's a better trade lol
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

Nah I'm a 1st lt and I beat a captain who played Dutch, as Japan. I made pure age 2 Ashis and he tried to hit and run but it didn't matter and he got rekked.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Kaiserklein wrote:
forgrin wrote:

If strelets are guard (they should since heavies are involved) I'm not even sure it's a better trade lol

Depends, if it's 40 strelets they will all die but if it's 200 they will lose less than 40
Also I doubt you can kill 10 musks with 5 skirms, maybe 7-8
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

If you hit and run you'll kill at least 10 musks. Not 10 ashis though.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Ashi with the speed bonus are their own separate issue. Skirm beats musk easily (this is vet skirm vs normal musk which is most reasonable application), they have 37 more effective HP due to RR and 12 more attack only costing 20 more resources. Therefore you need something like twice the musk count to deal with skirms if you can somehow get within range without losing musk, so practically you need more like 3x more counting the ones you'll lose getting into range.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

forgrin wrote:

U fool strelets> all
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

Zhanson10 wrote:Nah I'm a 1st lt and I beat a captain who played Dutch, as Japan. I made pure age 2 Ashis and he tried to hit and run but it didn't matter and he got rekked.

That's it, I'm convinced!
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

lesllamas wrote:
Zhanson10 wrote:Nah I'm a 1st lt and I beat a captain who played Dutch, as Japan. I made pure age 2 Ashis and he tried to hit and run but it didn't matter and he got rekked.

That's it, I'm convinced!

I've seen acergame do the same vs high level players. In fact I remember when he made pure sepoy and annihilated kynesies equal number of longbow men
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

I've played colosseum and made pure longbow men and got beat by pure janissary
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

To be fair, there is some credence to the point that ranged heavy infantry is dominant in the Colonial Age, and in some match-ups the entire game.