A message to the admins and wickedcossack

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

A message to the admins and wickedcossack

Post by Hazza54321 »

First of all I'd like to apologize for violating the rules and in a way ruining this tourney, (it most certainly wasnt my intention just wanted to play wicked for fun), also I'd like to apologize to the admins for giving them more extra work with the betting and the decision making etc...
Just to clear things up, I behaved the way I did, because I knew the outcome of the match wouldn't be any different, however the games may have been closer to make it better for the viewers. Bobabu was also busy at the time and is very busy during the week as he is in the military so I tried to make it easier on him.
I decided to tell Wicked after the game because he had a right to know, as well as i thought he would have a good laugh about it. However, I shouldn't have put the pressure on wicked, knowing he'd previously helped to deal with smurfing on previous tourneys and that a mate shouldnt be an exception to breakng the rules.
I therefore would like to apologize to him directly as well as the admins as this was my mistake and mine alone.
Hazzarov
@WickedCossack @Mitoe @H2O_ @Mr_Bramboy @Jerom @n0eL @jim @Goodspeed
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: A message to the admins and wickedcossack

Post by lordraphael »

I demand an apology to me aswell hazza ! Your disqualification caused me a lot of pain. I wanted to see you smashing kynesie.
Other than that i agree with noel. "Little Hazza" has manned up and may be called "Hazza" from now on
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Hazza is now finally ready to become colonel
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Thanks for the post!
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

No action is beyond repair. This community is full of crazies, and so long as you take the standard punishment and learn from it, I see no reason why anyone should look down on you in the future!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

lesllamas wrote:No action is beyond repair. This community is full of crazies, and so long as you take the standard punishment and learn from it, I see no reason why anyone should look down on you in the future!
Well i for one will always look down upon him because he's British and I'm older then him
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

gibson wrote:
lesllamas wrote:No action is beyond repair. This community is full of crazies, and so long as you take the standard punishment and learn from it, I see no reason why anyone should look down on you in the future!
Well i for one will always look down upon him because he's British and I'm older then him

What happens after you're older? Then him doesn't make any sense in this context.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Garja will forgive you, my friend.

Jokes aside, nice post @hazza54321
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

oooooh sorry
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Hazza54321 wrote:First of all I'd like to apologize for violating the rules and in a way ruining this tourney, (it most certainly wasnt my intention just wanted to play wicked for fun), also I'd like to apologize to the admins for giving them more extra work with the betting and the decision making etc...
Just to clear things up, I behaved the way I did, because I knew the outcome of the match wouldn't be any different, however the games may have been closer to make it better for the viewers. Bobabu was also busy at the time and is very busy during the week as he is in the military so I tried to make it easier on him.
I decided to tell Wicked after the game because he had a right to know, as well as i thought he would have a good laugh about it. However, I shouldn't have put the pressure on wicked, knowing he'd previously helped to deal with smurfing on previous tourneys and that a mate shouldnt be an exception to breakng the rules.
I therefore would like to apologize to him directly as well as the admins as this was my mistake and mine alone.
Hazzarov

Aaaaaaaaaaaand that's why I was friends with you in the first place. :flowers:

I feel very bad for ruining your tournament but for me it didn't feel like I could ignore it either so it was two shitty options.

Classy post anyhows, could use some more of that in the community.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ggwp
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:First of all I'd like to apologize for violating the rules and in a way ruining this tourney, (it most certainly wasnt my intention just wanted to play wicked for fun), also I'd like to apologize to the admins for giving them more extra work with the betting and the decision making etc...
Hazzarov

Don't apologize thanks to you I saved 200 points. You did the right thing mate
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

Kaiserklein wrote:Don't apologize

this actually is a lesson for life. NEVER apologize! just dbl down or blame someone else :maniac:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Good on you Hazza, you restored some of my faith in this community :)
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Probably the best way out of a shitty situation all 'round.

You're a good guy Hazza, most people know that, so I think all of us are ready to accept your apology (myself included). But this can't ever happen again, people underestimate the damage which smurfing does to these tournaments. I'm not saying this to you personally, but to anyone else reading this post. Don't smurf.

Also as much as I like you, I'm also 50-50 as to whether or not forgiveness is the right call. If ESOC forgives you, then the message that it sends is that "smurfing is OK, you just get a d/q from the current tournament". Bad message to send. I myself really want to blow over this incident and pretend like it never happened, but at this rate we're having 1 to 2 smurf issues per event. It's unacceptable really.

ESOC should probably implement a strike system or something similar, where transgressions in regards to playing on your main account are kept permanently. Something of that sort.

Anyway~ thank you for the apology. It doesn't fix anything but it definitely helps.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

np hazza, i forgive u
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

this brought tears to my eyes, gg hazza <3 p.s no sarcasm intended
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

knusch wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Don't apologize

this actually is a lesson for life. NEVER apologize! just dbl down or blame someone else :maniac:

xDDD :chinese:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

From the original scheduling topic which was unfortunately locked:
Should ESOC disqualify other participating accounts than the one involved? Surely ESOC is interested less in retribution and more in benefiting the community. Disqualifications should be as few as required to keep tournaments fair, friendly and fun.

Edit: Seeing how my position has been misunderstood based on my post, I would like to emphasize the following: In no way do I accept multiple entries in a single event. Being undecided on the question, I am only asking whether banning entries other than the duplicates is desirable for first time infractions, considering the inherent undesirability of exclusion.
Although the tournament Admins can hardly be faulted for their decision, I don't think any additional disqualifications should have been made in this case.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

iNcog wrote:Probably the best way out of a shitty situation all 'round.

You're a good guy Hazza, most people know that, so I think all of us are ready to accept your apology (myself included). But this can't ever happen again, people underestimate the damage which smurfing does to these tournaments. I'm not saying this to you personally, but to anyone else reading this post. Don't smurf.

Also as much as I like you, I'm also 50-50 as to whether or not forgiveness is the right call. If ESOC forgives you, then the message that it sends is that "smurfing is OK, you just get a d/q from the current tournament". Bad message to send. I myself really want to blow over this incident and pretend like it never happened, but at this rate we're having 1 to 2 smurf issues per event. It's unacceptable really.

ESOC should probably implement a strike system or something similar, where transgressions in regards to playing on your main account are kept permanently. Something of that sort.

Anyway~ thank you for the apology. It doesn't fix anything but it definitely helps.

Drugs is bad mmkay
Alcohol is bad mmkay
Smurfing is bad mmkay
:uglylol:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

zoom wrote:From the original scheduling topic which was unfortunately locked:
Should ESOC disqualify other participating accounts than the one involved? Surely ESOC is interested less in retribution and more in benefiting the community. Disqualifications should be as few as required to keep tournaments fair, friendly and fun.

Edit: Seeing how my position has been misunderstood based on my post, I would like to emphasize the following: In no way do I accept multiple entries in a single event. Being undecided on the question, I am only asking whether banning entries other than the duplicates is desirable for first time infractions, considering the inherent undesirability of exclusion.
Although the tournament Admins can hardly be faulted for their decision, I don't think any additional disqualifications should have been made in this case.

what are you even talking about. You mean to say that only bobabu's acc shouldve been banned and not hazza's? You are talking about duplicates, but this isn't a case of someone signing up 2 accounts, there are two people involved here, one who lets someone else plays games for that person, and someone who plays the games for another. Both are wrong here. And even if one person signed up two of his own accounts, obviously if you just take out one account you are not actually punishing someone for breaking the rules and therefore you dissuade nobody, and most likely only persuade others to risk the same. I agree that leniency is in order for first time infractions, hence hazza should be allowed to participate in future tournaments, same for bobabu, but not in this one clearly... I also don't see why bobabu should be punished with exclusion in this case, but not hazza, since both are equally guilty to the crime, and it can be even argued that hazza is more guilty.

And why do you bring this up now, and not last tournament when the exact same thing happened with KingofOsmane and the exact same decision was made...

Really it seems to me like you are making a fuss about nothing and using unnecessary formal language just to obscure the point that you most likely do not have...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

iNcog wrote:Probably the best way out of a shitty situation all 'round.

Lol Wtf? People like you drastically overestimate the "damage" smurfing like this does. Hypothetically if he hadn't been caught, what would have happened? The result was exactly the same. Literally the only "damage" it did was make it easier on his next round opponent cause he has to play sergyou Instead of Hazza........
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Lol Wtf? People like you drastically underestimate the damage smurfing does.

- Ruins the integrity of the competition. How is that not huge?
- Ruins event for all opponents, whether high level or low (either underestimate opponent, can't do research or opponent simply unbeatable).
- Ruins event for people who donated money. Who wants to watch a shit show where people don't know who is playing? Also now a pretty good player is out of the tournament for a shitty reason. Who wants that? We're supposed to get better and better players as the rounds advance.
- It is against the rules and that is cheating. Don't look at it any other way than it being cheating. Rules aren't meant to broken. Especially in cash tournaments.

Even in this case, the result is not the same at all. I can't believe I even need to actually explain this at all, you're just making things more difficult
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

iNcog wrote:If ESOC forgives you, then the message that it sends is that "smurfing is OK, you just get a d/q from the current tournament".

I doubt this. This whole incident has brought more awareness to smurfing and it is expected now, more than ever, that people know that it is not tolerable. If you are sure that Hazza won't do the same mistake again (which I think almost everyone here agrees is the case), pardoning him is not wrong at all. This does absolutely not mean that the next random guy who decides to smurf and write a post about it will be pardoned, and he knows it.
Pay more attention to detail.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

iNcog wrote:Lol Wtf? People like you drastically underestimate the damage smurfing does.

- Ruins the integrity of the competition. How is that not huge?
- Ruins event for all opponents, whether high level or low (either underestimate opponent, can't do research or opponent simply unbeatable).
- Ruins event for people who donated money. Who wants to watch a shit show where people don't know who is playing? Also now a pretty good player is out of the tournament for a shitty reason. Who wants that? We're supposed to get better and better players as the rounds advance.
- It is against the rules and that is cheating. Don't look at it any other way than it being cheating. Rules aren't meant to broken. Especially in cash tournaments.

Even in this case, the result is not the same at all. I can't believe I even need to actually explain this at all, you're just making things more difficult
lol I'm making things more difficult? This situation has been resolved and then you come in basically advocating for all people who have ever smurfed to be banned for life. Also the fact that most of your points are hogwash. I'm talking about this particular instance ofc if every other match was being played by smurfs that would be an issue, but as we know if now over 99% of games have been played by people who are who they say they are. Having 1 smurf in 1 match doesn't exactly "ruin the integrity" of the tournament. It didn't ruin the tournament for the opponent. Adam won 2-0 and would have won 2-0 vs Michel as well.
Ofc in the case of carrot it's a different story which is why it's bullshit that Harry got banned while nothing publicly has been done about carrot.
It didn't ruin the tournament for viewers either. If anything it made it better for the viewers as Harry is atm a decent amount better then Michel.
And yea ofc it's cheating and ofc he deserves to be dq'ed from the tourney but the only reason why this particular instance had a net negative on the tourney was bc he got caught. If he hadn't been caught it would have had a net positive.