Ordering & naming your deck, how does it function ?

No Flag Sherigo
Crossbow

Ordering & naming your deck, how does it function ?

Post by Sherigo »

Hi all, my situation is that i play treaty and sup. So i was trying to name my deck so that when i choose them in game the list would begin whit TR decks on top and sups deck on bottom, but in my case it was a total chaos, everything was mess up.
So my question is how does the order of deck i.e. names function?
I would like to name my deck in such order that when i'm in game at top would be my treaty decks, in middle my nr20 decks and at bottom my sup decks.
Any suggestion?
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: Ordering & naming your deck, how does it function ?

Post by musketeer925 »

tbh If I played both I would probably keep separate home cities for each game type. There is a max number of cities on ESO but it is pretty high.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

yes ordering decks is impossible AFAIK
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Better make separate home cities as musketeer already said.
Something like this:
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

You can "order" decks by making copies of them and then deleting old copies. Oldest decks at always first.

You may have to make a copy, name it some junk, delete original, and make another copy to give it original name.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Thank you, I did not notice that oldest decks were always first. But yes, separate home cities is definitely the best choice :smile:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

I don't like making seperate HCs because if you are playing treaty(not that I play it), you can forget to change and auto-lose games because of it.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

britishmusketeer wrote:I don't like making seperate HCs because if you are playing treaty(not that I play it), you can forget to change and auto-lose games because of it.

When do you pick a deck? After 2 minutes? :hmm:
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:I don't like making seperate HCs because if you are playing treaty(not that I play it), you can forget to change and auto-lose games because of it.

When do you pick a deck? After 2 minutes? :hmm:

qs viewtopic.php?f=19&t=688&hilit=2+qs+game+rated
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

well yea, in QS, it will be a problem, but I think it happens very rarely lol
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Don't over rate how important decks are. Right now most people's decks suck anyway even after specializing them. Their 1v1 decks have too few upgrades in them for sure.

Look at my decks. If you have trouble finding a deck you have too many. At most you need land and water for sup. Nats and no nats for treaty.

As an example. I had one city with like 8 decks and had muscle memory formed to scroll my mouse wheel and always click the right deck. I wouldn't have gotten there if I was choosing different decks every game.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

shouldnt have more than 7 decks imo, 7 or less means they all fit in the screen without scrolling.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

With most civs I roll with 1v1 standard, sometimes a 1v1 variation x, and then a 1v1 water and 1v1 heavy water. Sometimes I could use little tweaks in my decks for certain mus but that doesnt happen too often.

I guess for water decks theres additional card slots that open up so there are more match up-related decks you could theoretically make but water is boring so its not worth it :p
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

_H2O wrote:Don't over rate how important decks are. Right now most people's decks suck anyway even after specializing them. Their 1v1 decks have too few upgrades in them for sure.

Look at my decks. If you have trouble finding a deck you have too many. At most you need land and water for sup. Nats and no nats for treaty.

As an example. I had one city with like 8 decks and had muscle memory formed to scroll my mouse wheel and always click the right deck. I wouldn't have gotten there if I was choosing different decks every game.

Well I think for some civs it's ok to have more decks, for example you can have an ATP and non ATP deck in case of no TP map, maybe you can have a deck with both colonial huss upgrades as brit vs germany, etc.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Cohenski and I once tried to figure out how the decks organized themselves. There is some sort of system to it, but it's not one that makes any real sense. You're better off not trying to figure it out.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

ovi12 wrote:
_H2O wrote:Don't over rate how important decks are. Right now most people's decks suck anyway even after specializing them. Their 1v1 decks have too few upgrades in them for sure.

Well I think for some civs it's ok to have more decks, for example you can have an ATP and non ATP deck in case of no TP map, maybe you can have a deck with both colonial huss upgrades as brit vs germany, etc.

I'll use Spain here but this logic kinda pans out for all civs.

Land decks here:

Well what are you cutting for ATP. You can fill all of age 2 age 3 then 5 left. 2 factories and 3 vil. Now you have two left in most cases.

You can take age 1 mills and then exotic hardwoods on Spain or you can take age 1 mills and ATP for a land deck. I've never sent exotic hardwoods while trying so in a random game I'm fine with having ATP even on no tp maps rather than over optimizing for nothing.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

_H2O wrote:I'm fine with having ATP even on no tp maps rather than over optimizing for nothing.

I think if you were serious enough about the game, you wouldn't be fine with it. Imagine if there was a $10 000 tourney hosted by Microsoft next year and all the great players of the past were returning to the game.

Perhaps you're fine with it because nobody matches your play at the moment, but if you were facing another Ryan, it would be another story I think.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I am pretty sure it is ordered by when they were created. Not certain though.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Gendarme wrote:
_H2O wrote:I'm fine with having ATP even on no tp maps rather than over optimizing for nothing.

I think if you were serious enough about the game, you wouldn't be fine with it. Imagine if there was a $10 000 tourney hosted by Microsoft next year and all the great players of the past were returning to the game.

Perhaps you're fine with it because nobody matches your play at the moment, but if you were facing another Ryan, it would be another story I think.

Well that's a very unfair argument. Obviously if that happened his opinion would change, but as of right now that's not the case and therefore something he doesn't have to worry about. You can't fault somebody simply based off of one what-if situation.

On a separate note, I think having as few decks as possible is really good. to me, not having some random card the 1% of the time when I might potentially need it is outweighed or atleast almost outweighed by accidently clicking on the wrong deck and then just being screwed.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Gendarme wrote:Perhaps you're fine with it because nobody matches your play at the moment, but if you were facing another Ryan, it would be another story I think.

Yeah I think Exotic Hardwoods would be the difference between winning or losing in that case too. :P
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

honestly i used to do seperated homecities, but therefore i always pick treaty homecity in rush games i stopped that :D
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Gendarme wrote:

If you really care you delete all irrelevant decks going into a tournament so that you have the exact deck you want for that exact no TP map.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

That's what I do and it's opponent and map specific. I think there's gonna be way more things to focus on than the 20th card you send. You need to improve to push the game to that far
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

sdsanft wrote:
Gendarme wrote:

Well that's a very unfair argument. Obviously if that happened his opinion would change, but as of right now that's not the case and therefore something he doesn't have to worry about. You can't fault somebody simply based off of one what-if situation.

On a separate note, I think having as few decks as possible is really good. to me, not having some random card the 1% of the time when I might potentially need it is outweighed or atleast almost outweighed by accidently clicking on the wrong deck and then just being screwed.

That's not unfair lol, many people copy what h2o says, and just because it doesn't matter for him doesn't mean it shouldn't matter for anybody, because a wickedcossack vs wickedcossack could happen for example, where it would make a difference.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I think the point is that having to select a deck is going top screw you over more often than having a suboptimal card as 20-25th card.